New Shoes For Spring

JeffB

Dawn: :P I think that a pair of mules like the ones I have might open up new wearing experiences for you. Knowing how you love pumps, these mules, with their broad heels, are easy to stand in and offer the "held" quality of pumps. But they offer tantalizing glimpses of the feet, something I particularly find appealing. Jeff: :P Thanks for sharing your fashion info with me. One of the pleasures of heeling IS experimenting with all the possibilities combinations offer. Right now I'm that little boy in the candy store, with no one to tell me "no", or "yes"! Rainbow

In 100 years no one will care that you wore high heels today.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rainbow6562004:-) You have convinced me. I'll be on the look-out for a pair of mules like yours with a similar heel as I need to have a sturdy base on them. Thanks, my friend. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Posted Image

Well, rainbow, as I've stated on this board numerous times, I've never been a fan of mules as I love shoes like pumps that hug my entire foot. Still, those shoes you displayed are interesting to say the least. The height of the heel certainly catches my eye and the overall styling is quite nice indeed. Perhaps I might be willing to change my opinion if I could find shoes similar to those!

:P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

While not a particular fan of mules, and do have a couple of pair, I don't like that particular style. The heel is a nice height and the slightly rounded toe is attractive, and the color is ok. However, really don't care for the lattice work on the instep. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi, guys, In reading your reactions to the mules I'm wearing, I wondered why does these particular shoes, and a few other mules "work" for me. I think that these mules capture the allure of both sandals and pumps: There is the solid, sturdy and graceful sweep of the pump; yet, there is the "peek-a-boo" quality of the sandal, inviting the viewer of these mules to wonder, "What's inside?" I'm a big fan of slings, and I believe that my attraction for them is the same as these particular mules. Bubba, for me I think it's the lattice-work that makes this style so intriguing: without taking away from the shoes' pump-like qualities, it adds to the sense of mystery. In any case, it's Christmas morning for me everytime I buy a shoe that works as well as this one does! :P Rainbow

Good for you rainbow. It's your opinion that really counts. If you like them, and bought them, wear them with enjoyment and pride. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks, Bubba. :P As the wearer, my opinion must count first, but all opinions are important, even if they're different than mine. Sometimes, reading or listening to someone else's perspective, I change mine, too. Rainbow

When it comes to cloths and I try not to care too much. Just wear what you like. As long as you think it looks good.

Ahh! A "live and let live" sort of philosophy. Most interesting! Well, speaking just for myself, I care a lot about what I wear since I want my clothes to look just as good as the heels I wear. Being in public as much as I am helped develop my philosophy. And when you look good, you can't help but feel good.

Hi, Guys,

I just finished processing my latest batch of photos. Here are some more samples of images of three shoes that I've posted on earlier.

The first is of those well-received camel-colored pumps:

Posted Image

The second is of the black patent-leather pumps:

Posted Image

The last is of the Payless espadrilles that I was very disappointed in earlier. I think that this photo does both the shoes and myself quite well.

Posted Image

Rainbow

Rainbow:) I too think those espadrilles look good. One of my first pair of shoes was an old payless pair of canvas ankle tie espadrilles. I liked them so much, and they were so darned comfy, that I wore them slap out in a summer. As for the camel pumps they are to die for! Are they a 4" or 5" heel? S.L.

Heels Are GRRREAT!!!

S.L.

Rainbow: The black patent and camel pumps are absolutely delightful! And you most certainly wear them well with your skirt! The heels on them are so thin! Do you have any trouble walking in them? Anyhoo, I just can't get enough of seeing you in those shoes! Bravo!

Stilletolover: :P Thanks for liking my espadrilles! They certainly are comfortable, but I want the ankle-wrap ones you describe, with at least four-inch heels. This 3 1/2-inch heel is too low for my long feet. That additional half inch seems to make an enormous difference. (Incidentally, I find ankle-wraps so very sexy!) The pumps are all four-inchers. Jeff: :P What can I say to you for the pleasure I continually feel reading your trenchant and kind remarks for me and for others? Thank you. (I just got back more images of the black pumps and the camel-colored pair, where I'm wearing that luscious black skirt. They are terrific photos. I'll post tomorrow. Rainbow

Sorry, Jeff, I forgot to answer your question. Since I take only a few steps, while wearing them, I can't tell how they would feel after extended walking. They sure feel nice on my feet, though! :P Rainbow

I was curious about how heels as thin on those pumps you displayed could hold up under the weight of someone who weighs just over 200 pounds like me. I doubt I could make those shoes work since they only go up to 13 in medium, and while I've been able to wear that width, I need a 14 for maximum comfort, and those shoes don't go up that high. Anyhoo, I can't wait to see more pics! Just a suggestion: try off-black hosiery with the black patents and a black skirt, I think you'll enjoy the result. :P

The trick to wearing needle thin, or nail type, heels is to put almost all of your weight on the balls of your feet and only use the heels for balance. I know, it sounds almost undoable, but it really isn't hard and with a little practice it soon becomes second nature just like the "instantaneous" nano-second exploration of the type of surface you are about to put your foot onto before placing your weignt fully on the ground. I believe we all do this unconsciously wheather we know it or not. These actions are lerned and senses automatically sharpened when we learn how to walk in heels. Ihad a long discussion about this phenominan with Susan (the original). For those of you that don't know Susan, she is a woman that wears extreme heels 24/7. She mentioned it one evening during one of our lengthly chats in Jenny's chat room and after the discussion I realized that I was doing exactly the things she described unconsciously.

Jeff: :P Thanks for the suggestion. Bubba: :P What you say makes sense. I think that's why women in high heels tend to have that mincing walk. Watching models on the runway, though, they seem to walk heel-first. I imagine that they have to learn that assertive stride to help sell the fashions they're modeling. A mincing walk might look a little too tentative for the merchandisers. Rainbow

What you said sounds most intriguing, bubba. No doubt one can learn to walk that way in needle heels given a sizeable amount of practice. And, yes, with practice, such a walk would certainly become instinctive. Most interesting indeed!

To rainbow: Glad to be of help! It's always fun to broaden one's fashion horizons! And off-black hosiery with black patent shoes is a great look! Trust me on that! You won't be disappointed if you give it a try!

Jeff, I've been thinking about your suggestion of wearing off-black hosiery with the black heels. It works, in my imagination. I've tried the knee-highs of that shade (all that's available where I live), but they would look weird with that skirt, unless I wore the skirt no higher than mid-calf. Sooner or later I'll find pantyhose in my size, in that shade, and I'll experiment. In my imagination, the off-black/black skirt should be dynamite, also, with either the fire-engine red or candy-apple red pumps. :P Rainbow

Jeff, since I wear stilettos only at home, mostly sitting down, I'm in no position to gauge what it's like to walk around in them. Just standing in them for a few minutes, though, (which I love to do!) I feel my toes start to burn: I can see corns developing, if I persisted. I worry, too, whether the inexpensive shoes might collapse under my weight. Rainbow PS. I've also stabbed myself several times in the foot with the heel of a pump! :P

Hi, guys, :P

I was disappointed in earlier photos of me in those Payless espadrilles, with four-inch heels.

Not THIS photo batch!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Rainbow

PS. Jeff, I bought some off-black pantyhose today. I'll probably get around to photographing me in them next week, wearing various shoes.

PPS. Has anyone heard from Dawn?

Jeff, I've been thinking about your suggestion of wearing off-black hosiery with the black heels. It works, in my imagination. I've tried the knee-highs of that shade (all that's available where I live), but they would look weird with that skirt, unless I wore the skirt no higher than mid-calf.

Sooner or later I'll find pantyhose in my size, in that shade, and I'll experiment. In my imagination, the off-black/black skirt should be dynamite, also, with either the fire-engine red or candy-apple red pumps.

Rainbow

Ahh! I've got you thinking, don't I? Heh! Off-black conveys a sense of sexiness when your legs are encased in that dark, smoky color. And paired with a short black skirt and black pumps, it makes for a dangerously sexy combination. You just have to try it, rainbow! I guarentee it'll blow your mind from sheer delight!

Rainbow: Here's another suggestion for you to consider on the subject of hosiery----fishnets!! Something else for you to think about! Heh! I think you could pull that off!

Hi, guys, :P

Recently I bought some inexpensive pants for their color and took photos of me in them, wearing pantyhose, with different shoe-types. I like the results.

The first is of those classy mules (four-inch heels) that I bought on eBay:

Posted Image

In the second I'm wearing those beat-up, but sexy, pink slings (3 1/2-inch heels) from Payless.

Posted Image

Finally I bought these formal, satin Mary Janes (three-inch heels) for very little money from, I believe, Designer Shoes.

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Rainbow

Interesting pics all, rainbow! And you wore those shoes very well indeed. You've shown us those mules before, what's the fit like? I think I remember those slings, but back then, I wasn't interested in that style, and the Mary janes looked really neat. I've never seen a style quite like that before. Good work with the pics! :P

Jeff, as always, thank you for replying and your supportive commentary. :P The fit of the mules is wonderful, once I widen them a little with my shoe-stretcher. Standing in them is a pleasure; my feet feel "held" when I have them on, and it's easy to keep my balance. There is only one difficulty I have with these shoes and all backless shoes, size 13M: when I sit they tend to slide off my feet just a little. I think this is caused by the shoes being just a shade narrower than what I really need: 13D or W. I don't have to tell you how few 13Ds or W are around! I have a standing alert on eBay for 13s, and most of what comes along is sneakers. Yuck! Even getting 13 anything is difficult. I got an ad from Nordstrom today, went there, and saw these beautiful, delicate slings and sandals. Largest size? 11. :P Anyway, I'm glad I have these mules, and am glad that you struck it rich with size-13 pumps on eBay. Rainbow

Many thanks for the info, rainbow! I had never been a fan of mules, but the ones you displayed were quite intriguing, and you do wear them well. I imagine they would go well with a pair of jeans for a casual, everyday sort of look. You might want to experiment with that. As for the shoes I've procured via eBay, in truth, with the exception of the snakeskin shoes, they're all size 14. Because they came in medium width instead of wide, I opted for size 14 instead of my normal 13 for the extra bit of room they afford me vice the lack of width. And they all fit like a dream! :P