UP, UP AND AWAY!

Anita C.

I put on my first apir of 4.5" Stilettos in 1964. Since then I have been going UP and currently can wear 6.25"ers. I increased the height over the years by going UP in increments of 1/2" at a time with the exception of my first 6"ers that I bpught at Amore' in 1968. I decided to wear them from the store to my car, a distance of about 1/2 a block. I got about 35' and noticed that the increased height forced me to take MUCH smaller steps but MORE of them to cover the same amount of ground! (There's a story about this in the "Stories With A Heely Theme" section). I can still remember the feeling as I clik-clik-clik'ed my way back to the car and having to force my legs to be straight. I also remember the looks a gal wearing 6" Stilettos gathers! Looking back it was a challenge. :P It was also divine! :P VSY, 'Nita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

AnitaC:-) Wearing 6.25" heels seems awfully high to me, but not for you. Are these shoes without a platform and how long at a time can you wear them? How high of a heel do you think you will be able to wear successfully? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Platforms are evil. Anita knows this. She doesn't need them. No one ever should unless they need height beyond an extreme foot position. Sadly, platforms become a crutch for those who cannot develop true high heeled wear abilities. Of course, Anita, if you use them, I won't fault you for it, since you can do without them. I suppose there could be an aspect of platform style one might need, but I don't know anything about that.

That's cool. I hope one day I'm am as experienced of a heel wearer as all of you. However I can just barely stand in my 6 inch pumps. (I can kinda walk in them.) Then again I don't practice as much as I should though. As far as plats go. I think it’s just a matter of taste overall. I can see how some people don't like them. I personally don't mind because I like that style. I'm into the whole clubber/raver/goth/cyber punk/whatever look and plats go well with that look I think. But I also own several styles of slides and pumps that don't have plats. To be honest my next several purchases will probably be non plat shoes, oh well anyway I just think it’s a matter of taste. To each their own and such.

It's all good. ~Arron.

Woe to the Goths, falling to platforms, but the styles are there and I suppose they have to buy what they will. In my time, a heeled granny boot or a pair of army boots was all a goth wardrobe needed. And for when not so gothy, a pair of Doc Martens. Thick soled, yes, but not styled to be a plat.

I think that many people who wear platforms really don't understand the effect they create, because if they did they probably wouldn't wear them. While they boost your true height, they don't create the same leg lengthening illusion. In fact they can actually exagerate the shortness of ones legs and make a person actually seem shorter.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

depends on the height of the platform: a 6" heel/2" plat still lengthens the legs but a 7" heel/3" plat doesen't - 6"/2" plats are abouth that limit Considering that I'm 5'11 barefoot, If I ever get to wear my former "avatars", Having people tell me that I have short legs will be the least of my problems :P later, TXT-1