My favorite sytles for work (pics)- whats yours

kiltsrgr8

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Wheels, When I follow the instructions here to post a photo, I get only the photo's URL after posting, not the actual image. Obviously you know how to get the photo itself posted. Will you tell me how you did it? Thanks, Rainbow

In 100 years no one will care that you wore high heels today.

Thanks for the new pictures. I really like the slings. I like the height of the heel and the toes are very fashionable at the moment. you look very comfortable wearing them. Your 7" heels, however, look like they're uncomfortable. While they are a nice looking pair of soes, Your toes look crammed into the toe box and your feet looked strained. Perhaps it's because you are standing and everyone knows how difficult it is to stand in 7" heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The slings are a perfect fit and very comfortable. The 7 inchers look worse than they are, I think because the toe area is quite shallow. I find these more comfortable than my scream 7 inch heels which are slightly loose and I have not yet mastered walking in those. The next size up in the black ones has a 7.75 inch heel and I think I would struggle to walk in those as well. Could be fun trying though :P

Heel thyself

Over 50 pairs of heels now on my website at www.geocities.com/wayneheels/

Wheels:-) I certainly could never stand in 7" heels much less walk in them, but I do enjoy looking at pics of people that CAN. I really like your slingbacks. That is a great looking pair of shoes and you wear them very well. Have you tried wearing hosiery with them? I think that would be a great look for you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hey all ,

I went shopping last week and got some new shoes. I have worn all these to work (bongo only half a day though) so it seems right to post pics here.

Some of you know (and share) my love for wood shoes , so of course I had to get these in white. They are brand new at target right now for about $16.95. They come in white , pink and tan . I am going to pick up the same in tan next week. The heels are 4" , got a lot of compliments on these,can't wait for spring so I can wear them outside

worn with toeless stockings ...

Posted Image

And .. aahhh my love for high heeled clogs ... these are not real wood like the slides above but they work just fine for me $12.96 at burlington , also 4" I think, maybe slightly higher

Posted Image

and these I got on clearance at JCPennys for $9.99 , but I regret getting them. They hurt my feet in the toes , I thought they were really cute , but sometimes it dosn't work out as we all know. They are from bongo $59.99 orignal price , I would guess Also around 4" , but I only wore them for half the day, oh well maybe if I break them in , they will be better.

Posted Image

Kiltsrgr8: I'm curious, inasmuch as you freely wear what you want at work, does that mean you outside-of-work choices for footwear are the same? That is, when you're shopping, out for entertatinment, with your wife, your children, do you wear the same as you do at work? Does your family accecpt your footwear choices the same as your fellow employees?

Kiltsrgr8: I'm curious, inasmuch as you freely wear what you want at work, does that mean you outside-of-work choices for footwear are the same? That is, when you're shopping, out for entertatinment, with your wife, your children, do you wear the same as you do at work? Does your family accecpt your footwear choices the same as your fellow employees?

Yes , I wear them everywhere , except certain circumstances , Like my sons baseball games , and at school functions , I wear closed toe , like high heel clogs etc

But in reality it does depend on what I am doing , when I shop sometimes I just wear clogs , interestingly enough I am paranoid enough not to wear a shoe I bought at that particular store , to that store when I shop... duno why really , just maybe I am strange

And also when I get my nails done , I wear a clog type also

Wheels:-) WOW!!! What a great look. Your slingbacks look great with the fishnets. Have you tried a lighter shade of pantyhose like suntan? Kiltsrgr8:-) Dig those crazy work-heels. That's the cats meow. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

They are brand new at target right now for about $16.95.

What size does Target usually go up to?

I'd like to browse around in there but I want to do it knowing that they carry at least a 12, otherwise I'd be looking for nothing.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

What size does Target usually go up to?

I'd like to browse around in there but I want to do it knowing that they carry at least a 12, otherwise I'd be looking for nothing.

They usualy only go to 11 I think , Walmart carries a limmited size 12 as does payless , I will double check for you and let you know if I see size 12

They usualy only go to 11 I think , Walmart carries a limmited size 12 as does payless , I will double check for you and let you know if I see size 12

Hmm.

With spring coming up, they're likely to put out plenty of sandals.

In the --right-- style, I can pull of an 11.

The Payless stores here go up to a size 13, the shoes in my avatar are from there. I check weekly for new styles. The salesgirl at one store says I need to hurry up and buy something, I tell her "Sandals need to hurry up and come back in season" :P

Hmm.

With spring coming up, they're likely to put out plenty of sandals.

In the --right-- style, I can pull of an 11.

The Payless stores here go up to a size 13, the shoes in my avatar are from there. I check weekly for new styles. The salesgirl at one store says I need to hurry up and buy something, I tell her "Sandals need to hurry up and come back in season" :P

Thats cool you check every week , I do the same , sometimes more , sometimes less ... If I don't I wont find my size ......pluss I can't help myself it's like a high

Thats great that the sales girl gets on like that with you!, in all my shoe buying and travels I've only ever had one sales girl blatently tell me I should buy a pair ... Boy was she ever cute .......

Payless has a pretty good selection of 13s and under, and the prices are very reasonable. Beware, though, if your ankles are on the heavy-duty size: the ankle straps on such a style shoe may be too short to close, as they have been for me. I bought a pair of black sandals and can't close the heel strap. My girlfriend suggested buying a similar strap and buckling them together. If that doesn't work, I'll cut off the ankle strap and use the shoes as slingbacks (my favorite type of shoe, anyway!) Rainbow

In 100 years no one will care that you wore high heels today.

Yeah, there's a certain time I go - usually Tuesday or Wednesday in the morning, not many customers are there and those who are aren't likely to be in my aisle. I'm more or less free to look as I please. I'm sure they know my face by now, and I'm sure they know I shop for women's shoes. Ironically though, every pair of shoes I've bought have come from nearby stores, there are three that I can hit in a half-hour timeframe, maybe longer if I "shop like a woman" and touch everything there

I was in Payless on Sunday and was disappointed at the lack of shoes in size 13. Admittedly it's been quite awhile since I've shopped at Payless since I've been buying what I need at Sexy Shoes of late, but seemingly shrinking selection of styles in 13 at Payless is disturbing.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!