My favorite sytles for work (pics)- whats yours

kiltsrgr8

Hey everyone,

I hope I am doing this right and not messing up the forum at all , this might have been started already a bazzilion times so I appoligize if thats the case , but anyway I thought I would post some pics of a few of my favs I wear to work as I am having fun now that I have this picture thing down , and find out what everyone fav work shoe is if you wear them to work.

Here are a nice pair of t-straps that are super comfortable to wear and I think look awsome (These are the ones I mentioned in an earlyer post about great reactions)

Posted Image

These are one of my alltime favs and really speak a lot about my kind of style , I love the sneaker / heel look and the strap is the ultimite finishing touch! They are just to cool ...

Posted Image

And my current fav (My favs always change!) is this one made by splash , the most darring shoe I wear to work , but drew a lot of compliments and OMG's but that was the BEST part of it all, I love them as you can see by my avitar

Posted Image

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, these are what I wear at the office on a daily basis:

Posted Image

Ros Hommerson "Ingra" pumps in black and red. I've always loved the shape of the heel.

Posted Image

Sexy Shoes, style 5990. My current favorite, I LOVE these shoes! I have these sharp looking pumps in black, black patent, brown, navy and turquoise. I'll soon have them in bone and white. They also come in purple, and they're on my mind too!

Posted Image

Sexy Shoes, style 5994. The sleekest looking slingbacks I've ever seen. I have them in black and brown with gold highlights.

Posted Image

Sexy Shoes, style 4211. My first pair of five inchers, I have these shoes in gray and they're so cool! As I get used to wearing fives, I might just add more colors to my collection including burgundy as shown above.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

That makes two of us, Rich But my shoes that I posted in the "For Everyone" section would serve as my "icebreaker" shoes should I ever land a position in corporate. I kinda like the heel/sneaker style too. It takes a rather common style of men's shoe and makes it do a complete 180. Wish I could find some in my size, I'd be all over them.

Jeff , I love your shoes , I really like those sling backs , they are so nice looking and very sexy! I wish I had a pair like that , but do most of my shopping in stores and don't usualy see that style Thanks for showing your great shoes! You have such a great classy look! :)

Posted Image

These would be my basic, everyday style - nice buckle ornament, moderate heel height.

Posted Image

Casual day! :)

Posted Image

These would likely never make it to the office, and if they did, it'd be because I took them in.

Posted Image

I dream of the day when Zappos marks these down, but they'd have to be in a fairly modest color (black, brown, bone, navy, etc).

Any of a variety of cowboy heels, block heels, and blades about mostly about 3.5 to 4 inch. I have a lot of pairs to choose from! I don't think there's much probem wearing heels to work. It does depend on the occupation I agree. Some can't wear them for safety reasons. But I've heard a lot of people say "It wouldn't be accepted" but then they never even tried it...

I don't think there's much probem wearing heels to work. It does depend on the occupation I agree. Some can't wear them for safety reasons. But I've heard a lot of people say "It wouldn't be accepted" but then they never even tried it...

What Firefox said is quite true. Being able to wear heels at one's place of work depends on what the work happens to be. I work in an office environment (I call it "cubicleville") where supervisors are more concerned with getting the daily work done and not so much on what employees wear.

Heck, I've never even seen a posted list or guidelines regarding a dress code at where I work. The only hard and fast rule is casual wear (jeans, sneakers, etc.) only on Fridays. The dress on Mondays through Thursdays is best described as business casual. For the men, no suits are required, just nice shirts and dress pants, not many even bother with ties or jackets.

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I like to think I'm probably the best dressed male in the facility, and that because I have to wear clothes as nice as my shoes. Dockers and polo shirts are a major no-no with my pumps. And for sure I wear higher heels than pretty much ALL the women there. There are a few who come moderately close, but not many.

As I've stated on previous posts, I've had no problems with being accepted for the shoes I choose to wear at work. My immediate supervisor absolutely gushes at my shoes. It certainly helps that I'm a good worker with a good personality. So, it can work, it all depends on the environment.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

At the moment I work as a trucker so heels are a definite no no for safety reasons if nothing else. I need toetectors, non-slip, oil resistant soles and they have to be anti-static as I carry chemicals. However, as we are looking at taking over The Little Shoe Box, you never know!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

What Firefox said is quite true. Being able to wear heels at one's place of work depends on what the work happens to be. I work in an office environment (I call it "cubicleville") where supervisors are more concerned with getting the daily work done and not so much on what employees wear.

Heck, I've never even seen a posted list or guidelines regarding a dress code at where I work. The only hard and fast rule is casual wear (jeans, sneakers, etc.) only on Fridays. The dress on Mondays through Thursdays is best described as business casual. For the men, no suits are required, just nice shirts and dress pants, not many even bother with ties or jackets.

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I like to think I'm probably the best dressed male in the facility, and that because I have to wear clothes as nice as my shoes. Dockers and polo shirts are a major no-no with my pumps. And for sure I wear higher heels than pretty much ALL the women there. There are a few who come moderately close, but not many.

As I've stated on previous posts, I've had no problems with being accepted for the shoes I choose to wear at work. My immediate supervisor absolutely gushes at my shoes. It certainly helps that I'm a good worker with a good personality. So, it can work, it all depends on the environment.

Like Jeffb says... My company states in my dept. "we don't really care what you wear, just that you are here and work hard" :P (common sense normally prevails (like no tube tops etc...)

-----------------------------------------------

Used to be cosmo_loves_PH before the crash!

Like Jeffb says... My company states in my dept. "we don't really care what you wear, just that you are here and work hard" :P (common sense normally prevails (like no tube tops etc...)

See? Now that should be the common practice for ALL businesses! I think it would make life SO much simpler and a lot happier. :P

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

See? Now that should be the common practice for ALL businesses! I think it would make life SO much simpler and a lot happier. :P

But to think of this... with our dress code.. you see way too many pairs of sweats/warm up pants (my self included) and t-shirts etc.... BUT if someone (male or especially female) dresses up.. it is really noticed (which i love when the ladies do actually wear heels and pantyhose/stockings everyone thinks you have a job interview :drinking:

-----------------------------------------------

Used to be cosmo_loves_PH before the crash!

kiltsrgr8, I like your taste! The shoes in your avatar are incredible! Are they slides or do they have ankle straps? Do you go to work with your nails painted too? I wear fem shoes to work but nothing anywhere near as obvious as that although I would love to. It's neat that you like the Sassy style by Scholls. As you can tell by my avatar I do too. :P

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

kiltsrgr8, I like your taste! The shoes in your avatar are incredible! Are they slides or do they have ankle straps? Do you go to work with your nails painted too? I wear fem shoes to work but nothing anywhere near as obvious as that although I would love to.

It's neat that you like the Sassy style by Scholls. As you can tell by my avatar I do too. :P

Yes I love the sassy style!, wish I had more of them. Thats cool! a fellow sassy style lover!

I just had to get the white shoes (in my avitar)

Yes I wear them to work with my toenails polished (They look so good with my sasseys as well .....) ,

I also do my finger nails , but that is not for hhplace .....

Thank you docs41 for the compliment on my tastes! , sometimes I think maybe I am alone in my strange tastes and ways ....

Maybe you could try a pair of original Dr schools with some cool polish to work to start with? that would be really cool!

Kiltsrgr8, there is a thread for polished fingernails and toenails on the forum. Just look around and you'll easily find it. I am more curious about your line of work and work place. It's quit unusual for a man to be able to wear high heels and painted nails to work. What kind of work do you do and what do your workmates think of the way you dress?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yes I love the sassy style!, wish I had more of them. Thats cool! a fellow sassy style lover!

I just had to get the white shoes (in my avitar) , My heart was beeting so fast when I found them , and in my size! 10's are hard to come by sometimes. They are slides , no ankle strap , they are comfortable , I think 4 or 4 1/4 high , never checked and box didn't say. I have to admit I love anything wood , but these are not real wood (sigh) , but the look is very good I think. They are from a brand called splash bought at burlington coat factor , I just bought a pair of high heeled clogs two days ago with the same type heel for the same price $12.96 , can't go wrong there ...

Yes I wear them to work with my toenails polished (They look so good with my sasseys as well .....) ,

I also do my finger nails , but that is not for hhplace .....

Thank you docs41 for the compliment on my tastes! , sometimes I think maybe I am alone in my strange tastes and ways ....

Maybe you could try a pair of original Dr schools with some cool polish to work to start with? that would be really cool!

Hi Kilts are great,

I hope to have translated your nick name correctly- you like wearing skirts? I like the shoes of your avatar too :o After a long research in the world wide web I've found an american company offering similar "zoccoli" style heels even up to male sizes

http://www.shoesusa.com

They offer wonderful wooden mules and sandalettes. But their prices and especially the shipping costs to Europe ... :P:P:D

Coming back to the original theme: I don't wear heels at work but often in my free time - I explained it just in another thread.

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I am more curious about your line of work and work place. It's quit unusual for a man to be able to wear high heels and painted nails to work. What kind of work do you do and what do your workmates think of the way you dress?

I am an IT manager for a small service business. We sell equipment and service / repair it as well. I manage all the Computer ascpects of our company.

When I first started I was a contractor and things went so well , they hired me and I have been there all together over two and a half years or so.

It took a lot of work from me , and mostly me being consistant and myself at all times 100% , you are who you are , no emberassment no nothing , you just are! As for reactions , it is really just a normal thing now

Hi Kilts are great,

I hope to have translated your nick name correctly- you like wearing skirts? I like the shoes of your avatar too After a long research in the world wide web I've found an american company offering similar "zoccoli" style heels even up to male sizes

Hi micha,

Yes I wear kilts and sarongs.

Hi micha,

Not to get off the subject , but my wife loves Germany! She spent a good amount of time there when she was younger!

Thanks Micha ... perfect translation ... to my name!

Yes I wear kilts and sarongs. I do wear skirts as well , if they are the right style or length etc , but don't wear the skirts outside much , I love sarongs with Dr scholls the best! - they are great for the pool .....

Thank You so much for the information :P , I am going to check out their site right now ....

Nice to meet you ......

Hi Kilts Are Great,

thank you very much for your long and engaged answer about your experiences during your work on heels and polished foot nails. I'm happy to know that there are other 'high heels punks' like you in the big wide world :P

In my daily life I'm wearing nearly always high heels. But in my job I'm a free lancer. I don't like to loose a potential customer only because I'm mad about of wearing high heels.

Did you already take a look on the website of ShoesUSA? I fell in love with the model "Candy Platform"

http://www.shoesusa.com/product_detail.php?prod_id=558

119$ is still OK for handmade shoes. But the additional shipping costs to Germany, import toll and VAT, grhhh .... :D

nice greetings

micha

Still a post scriptum: Germany has become luckily a stable democracy and a very tolerant country after our bad history. And it's a country with wonderful landscapes and old historical towns. Therefore I like my country.

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Did you already take a look on the website of ShoesUSA? I fell in love with the model "Candy Platform"

http://www.shoesusa.com/product_detail.php?prod_id=558

119$ is still OK for handmade shoes. But the additional shipping costs to Germany, import toll and VAT, grhhh .... :P

Micha ,

Yes I did check them out and they all are awsome ,

I totaly agree with you on the freelance thing. I was a contractor for corporate education teaching high level computer programing. I only dared wear stockings and flats of some sort that passed for male shoes. Kept my hair in a tight ponytail etc ...And even those got looks .. so I know where you are comming from ...I know I am lucky

Micha,

the candy platforms are great!!! Same thing for France regarding VAT, customs and so forth... On my next visit to the country of G. W. I will sure buy some pair like this one. I love these clogs as well:

http://www.shoesusa.com/product_detail.php?prod_id=671

Wheels,

these shoes are gorgeous... You should share the look with your coworkers thoug... You may have a good surprise.

Marc

I like the shoes, too. They're super! Nice pictures but I would like to see some different views, like from the front and from behind (walking away).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I would like to see other views of your heels also. Mickey68 would like to know how you hide your heels so that your co-workers don't see them. What do you do when you have to walk around? Cheers--- Mickey68 Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!