When your heels are useful

allheel

When you start finding your heels useful, I guess it must be a fetsh. First time was when we needed to test whether the carpenter had replaced all the floor boards the termites reached - a small indentation of your heel is ok on a pine floor, but when your heel goes right in, the termites have been there - a bit unnerving. A bit similar, on outside decks. Rain over the years causes dry rot in some boards - ordinary block heels won't find it but stilettos will find the weak spots and the boards that need replacing. Any other 'useful' heels?

I make good use of shoes all the time! A heel or a pointy toe can be good for opening a drawer on a desk that has a loop handle. We have some of these at work. Why bend down when one does not have to? And in a shorter skirt, it's not a good idea. So shoes become tools to help out. I also use shoes to amuse me with sound. You can tap heels, toes, and generally make a nice rhythmic sound to occupy the brain in those tedious times.

Presumably if you are going to get something out of the drawer you are going to have to bend down anyway, so you haven't sold me this idea yet Laurie! However, I'd agree with the sound part. I always make sure my heels have metal on the bottom if they are not the thinner type.

A few months ago, I saw a report on dealers in the NYSE. The female dealers wore heels and platforms while the guys wore thick soled platforms just to get that extra height when it comes to trading. What do all of you think of that ?

Cheers,

Nata

Well, I've just needed to protect something that wouldn't fit in an ordinary shoebox - but fitted neatly into a shoebox that a nice pair of 3" spade heels arrived in. Otherwise, I've found several pairs of high heels useful for protecting the soles of my feet when walking around outside. Does that count :smile: ?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Well, the heels are really usefull, when I need to change the bulb of the lamps at the ceiling. OK it's also fine if you have to do any other work like paint the ceiling, etc... best wishes Joak :smile:

Use a pair of spikes for gardening - make the holes with the heels, put in the seedlings then sell the muddy shoes to the wet & messy lot :smile:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv