Continental Sizing - what is correct?

barney15c

Has anyone ordered of Hi-heels.de? Are there sizing true, I ask this as according to their sizing chart a 45 is equal to a UK12 but Italian Heels 45 are a UK10.5, Silhouette of Holland also are a size UK10.5. Also I thought that a 45 here was a UK11. Does european sizing vary from country to country. Is a 45 diferent in Spain to Germany to France etc? This is so very confusion :smile:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Sizing on the continent is pretty consistant but I noted German sizing to be rather roomy while Italian and Spanish sizing feels tighter. This all in reference to my size 40,5 feet. With all the shoes beeing imported all over the borders there is no substitite for trying before buying if possible.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Besides being practical, trying all those shoes is also big fun, I love shoe shopping.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

trying before buying is much more fun, even if it's only a pair of 4" sandals from a carboot. they only cost a pound, but gave the lasses a thrill by trying them on in their car :smile: at least it's easier to return a bad pair to the shoe if you try them first

Shopping for heels in person is great fun and really is the only way to be assured of a good fit.I find it easy to kill a morning trying on the latest arrivals at my favourite shoe store and having a selection of sizes to try in the styles I want is important.

Buying over the net or from shoe catalogs can be a real can of worms when it comes to size.Even when we are familiar with the English/Euro/US conversions,it's still a bit of a lottery.

I'm sure alot of us (me included)have been bitterly dissapointed when our "killer heels" arrive and they're either to small or way to big.It's frustrating to say the least.

Anyway,I found this size conversion chart the other day and it seems to be on the money...at least for me.

I know it's not the complete answer to the hassle with international sizing, but it may be of some help.........

http://www.stonesshoes.co.nz/foot_sizer.php

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jim on 2002-05-02 11:28 ]</font>

Well, you're right about sizing being a sort of lottery! I have size UK7 wide feet, so you would think that a size 8 would be best for me! Yeah, right! I have a pair of boots size 6 and they fit perfectly, a pair of size 7 that pinch and a pair of size 8 that are far too short! Go figure! Most of my shoes and boots are size 7 and have no real problem, but knowing your foot size and ordering compared to trying before buying, there's no contest. Try and buy is far more enjoyable with less need for returns due to wrong size/fitting.