How HIGH a Stiletto (WITHOUT Platforms!) can you wear?

Anita C.

How HIGH a Stiletto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How HIGH a Stiletto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!

I voted at 6 inches, simply because my ability at 7 is not ready for the outside world for long periods of time. Sadly, there hasn't been a lot of motivation of late for improving the heel heights. A lot of factors, certainly. But I will always remember my 16 hour day of 5.5 inch heels as my record for wearing time combined with height.

• 4 months later...

Ten years ago I could walk in 6 inch heels for an evening, and use 5 inch heels for a long walk, but today my joints start complaining. I must be honest and say that 5 inch is still the limit for longer use because of my small feet (4-5 UK), thats my vote. True 7 inchers like my avatar is the ultimate and admirable "Queen". I must ask you girls, the sandals are more popular than ever, but with really high heels it gets unsteady and it feels unsecure, for me anyway. What is your experience in those sandals? Ankle boots is my favorite because it support your foot and it's easier to "balance" when the heel is very high. :P

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Where's the voting options gone?? ;) Most days I wear around 5" all day for work, but I am quite happy with 5 1/2" for going out pubs, clubs etc. I have worn 6" for going out - but have to sit a lot through the evening - so OK for a restaurant but not standing around in a pub. BB

• 1 year later...

For me - daily wear is 4", 4.5" and 5" maximum. Evenings out and in - 5.5" up to 6.5". I can walk in extreme heels - but couldn't last more than an evening -including sitting down a lot!!:wink:

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 2 weeks later...

Having read the rest of the replies, I think I'm right in the 'average' bracket - boring but true, lol. Depending on the type of day I have (whether I have meetings, who with, how long I'll be on my feet), for work I would say somewhere between 3.5" - 4.5" possibly up to 5" Evenings in pubs and clubs usually 4.5"-5.5" I *generally* don't personally like the aesthetic of anything higher than that, platform or not. That said I do have some 6" heels, but they are for bedroom-use-only lol.

me too, most of my boots are 4 " to 5" stiletto or spike. I am very used to wear them to walk, dance and even run LOL.... I do have boots with 5.5" heels, if i wear them, i'll put some padding or cushioning inserts, so that I can shift weight to the heel reduces the pressure shift weight back to your heels.

• Like 1

Boot me up, Boot me down

6 inches Those are my work shoes in my avatar pic. I can happily wear them all day. In the evening I usually wear 4 1/2 or 5 inches as my town has alot of hills and any higher I would be on the floor. What you might find a little unusual is that I have size uk 3 feet. 6 inches is the highest hight I can wear without a platform

Yeah....right!;) I take a UK 4.5/5 - have been wearing stilettos for over 20 years - and still have trouble with 6" heels. Personally - I don't believe anyone who says they can wear them comfortably all day. Even the models, dancers and other 'professional wearers' I know can't last all day in 6" or more without platforms - they're just too hard on the joints and muscles. A UK Size 3 foot is 23 cms in length. A 6 inch heel is 15 or 16 cms high. So - you can walk around all day with the heel and sole of your foot at an 82.5 degree angle - just 7.5 degrees off vertical??

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 1 month later...

My highest pump fetish heel that I can walk in is a 7 inch ..for how long depends on the style of the heel itself ..I have black 7 with a strap and its eaiser to walk in that than a 6 inch sometimes ..and I also find the same with my 7 inch red spiked heels .. Vivienne Angelofheels x

• 3 months later...

I wore 5" wedges the other day and it was hard for me to walk after I got home and took them off. I think I could wear 4.5s or 5s all day everyday if I didn't have to bend and stoop to take care of the kids and run after them and clean at the salon. I would love to wear them every day, maybe when the baby starts walking. Nail Goddess:queen:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I can wear 5's but not for very long. There's a few of them in the back of my closet. I'm forced onto my tippy toes and I can barely raise the heel of the ground if I try to arch my feet higher. I think my feet just arent really long enough to wear them.

My highest pump fetish heel that I can walk in is a 7 inch ..for how long depends on the style of the heel itself ..I have black 7 with a strap and its eaiser to walk in that than a 6 inch sometimes ..and I also find the same with my 7 inch red spiked heels ..

Vivienne

Angelofheels x

vivienne, you are truly amazing!

i look up to you :santa_hat: