How HIGH a Stiletto (WITHOUT Platforms!) can you wear?

Anita C.

How HIGH a Stiletto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How HIGH a Stiletto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!

Me to Amanda, I can't go higher than 5" without platform. Did you have trouble when you tried to go higher?

I just found that they forced my feet forward rather than any higher. I tried for a while wearing them around the house but just didn't find it comfortable.

I just found that they forced my feet forward rather than any higher. I tried for a while wearing them around the house but just didn't find it comfortable.

yes i know what you mean Amanda, and the higher the heel is the more likely that the foot can slide down the slope, especially when wearing heels with tights or stockings.

Totally Louise, I find wearing hose with strappy sandals particularly slippy and of course there's less support when ur feet do slip!

and the higher the heel the more likely your feet slip. especially with no platform sole coz the angle of the foot is much steeper and as you suggest, with a strappy sandal there is less shoe to grip!

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

I am still in progress. Nowadays I can handle 4 inches heels comfortably.

My goal is to get it in 5 inches. I think it's the perfect height in my size, but I don't rule out out higher heels ... sometimes

Hi, ladies.

Finally I wear 5 inches heels and I do so comfy. Boots, sandals & pumps.

I thought that it was the perfect height (I'm size 42 EU) but I was wrong.

Maybe it will take a year again, but I know I'll walk in 6 inches heels as if nothing had happened.

Regards,

MG

• Like 1

I was in town yesterday and it was sleeting and raining. It went on too freeze glazing parts of the pavement. Getting back to the car with no one to hold onto suddeny became a daunting prospect. So, it's time for boots or at least rubber soles here now. Oh the joys of winter!

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/15/2007 at 10:39 AM, Sarah G said:

5.5" is a must for evenings out, even for food shopping, makes me feel great, but after 4 or 5 hours my calfs ache a bit, but worth it. Work usally 4.5" to 5" can do all day in these.

Sarah, i voted for 5". But i agree in all that you have stated, our tastes ideaolgy are very similar. Love the feel, height and confidence when I wear.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 01/05/2017 at 5:04 PM, alicia said:

5"

I can wear 5 all day. 6 and my walking becomes barely perceptibly less fluid. My foot is tilted too far forwards. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

when I was younger, I used to be able to wear 6" stilettos without platforms. At 63, those days are long over. If it's over 4", I need the platforms. I consider myself blessed that I can still wear heels.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Most of my heels are around 5", but i can take 6" for a few hours like going to the opera or theater.

7"? I can walk in these for short distances but it will not look gracefully. I can however sit gracefully in 7" heels, and lying works as well. But to me 7" is clearly fetish-territory.

Edited by HelenInHeels
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I can walk in ballet heels but they aren't very practical beyond bedroom play. I mostly wear 5 inch heels for work and doing the chores such as grocery shopping. I like to please my man so I change into 6 inch heels at home or when we go out together. I can manage 6 inch heels all day long so it's no trouble.

Cassie

• Like 1