How HIGH a Stiletto (WITHOUT Platforms!) can you wear?

Anita C.

How HIGH a Stiletto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How HIGH a Stiletto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!

Hi, my comfort hight is 5in. With 5in I can walk for hours and hours without any discomfort. 6in is more for party but also for work and shopping. I work as a manicurist mostly sitting down all day and when I have to stand up I mostly just have to walk á few steps. Therefore I almost everyday work in 6in heels, and sometimes even in 7in but they are really high to me. //Petra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Four. 3-3.5 is fairly comfortable, and 4 is about as high as I go if I'm out for an extended period. Every now and then I might creep up into the 4.5-5" range but that's exclusively for short nights out with the girls (3 hrs or less) or for the bedroom (and even then I usually stick to 4)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

5" and 5.5" all day at work and then in the evening too total usally about 10hours then another 3 hours, but it took some time to get there with out my feet hurting now they hurt without my heels on, guess I will stay in heels.Yummy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4 inches. My feet are small, though, size 5 (US) in length (I usually end up in size 5.5 or 6 --my feet are wide, and stores almost never carry size 5 anyway). I think the short length of my foot, and the fact that the shoes pretty much never fit exactly like they should, both make a difference in the height of the heels I can wear.

• 1 month later...

I am teasing my sexy man in 5" L.A.M.B.'s!!! They are black sandles with tiny studs. T straps with another strap running through the middle. I love the heel area because it's a thick leathered studded area with a thin leather strap going through the thicker. The thin strap then buckles around the ankle. The heels have a neat ridge thing going on..just too cool. WOW.. He has the BEST taste in heels!!!!!! Any other girls this lucky? Does anyone else love wearing L.A.M.B.'s?

• 3 weeks later...

5" heels on your sandals? How do you do it? Do you sit for the entire time with them on? I wore a pair of padded boots with a 4" heel one day and I tried to keep my walking to a minimum all day. I loved how they look on me but I could barely walk in them for any length of time. I wore two pairs of thick socks inside my boots along with pantyhose to offset the height of the heels.

Heidi, Sorry it's been so long, I haven't been feeling well. I guess I sort of block out the pain. I've worn heels most of my life. I've ran in them before! Not that great on your heels, I might add... I drive my boyfriend crazy by cooking in heels. The taller the better. He doesn't want my feet to hurt, (I have to admit after a while they do hurt) but they are so darn sexy the higher they are. He just purchased me a pair of 6" heels...so I'll keep you posted to how that goes. I don't really foresee a problem with them. I'll tell you about my experience with 7" ballet boot another time.:smile:

Hi Wyndi, I hope you are feeling better! Cooking in 6" heels is outrageous! Are they at least block heels so you have more stability? If I am cooking at home alone, I am usually wearing my flat Uggs although if I go to a fancy restaurant, I will have 3" heels on. 3" is high for me. Heidi

I guess 6" is my basic limit. I have a pair of Pleaser pumps w a 6 1/2" super thin spiked heel and no platform. They are a size 9 (I usually wear 8.5), and I haven't tried wearing them outside, but getting around the apartment is a bit of a challenge. I also don't like the fact that I have trouble straightening my legs completely when I stand tall in them. Probably the extra half inch makes the difference. All my other heels with 5+" heels have platforms, so I'm not sure where my realistic limit is - but 6" is a good guess.

Hi.

My vote, 3 inches, and for 6 hours without any problem.

I hope to improve my skill and reach 4'5/5 inches before december.

Grettings,

MG

Hi everyone.

I am still in progress. Nowadays I can handle 4 inches heels comfortably.

My goal is to get it in 5 inches. I think it's the perfect height in my size, but I don't rule out out higher heels ... sometimes

:smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Since my last update here I can now comfortably manage wearing five inch heels all day long. Initially I had trouble wearing them not so much because of the extra height but they seemed to push my feet forward (for want of a better description). I took to wearing them around the house as much as possible until I could "glide" around proficiently. I enjoy the way they look and feel and I now have a considerable collection of them. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Can only wear a 6 inch heel comfortably for parties. Tend to wear 5 inch for work because of train journeys and loads of walking and ups and downs during the day. I do own ballet boots which are not as bad as people say but my Scream Heels ( 7 inch ) have to be kept to the bedroom for now.

• 3 months later...

Hi I re read some of the comments and would agree its the angle of the foot that gives the sexy look....personally I don't want to wear heels that are unnceccesarily high, being 5 '4 while I need a bit of height but find heels that angle my feet somewhere between 45 degrees and vertical give me the sexy look and walk I'm after.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm how do u find those to walk in LOuise? I am uk size 6 and even in four and a half inch heels my feet are almost vertical!

5 inchers are the highest i can go with no platform. I can walk in them ok so long as i don't have to go anywhere in a hurry lol.

Lol guess not, thanks for the reply Louise!

is 4.5" your maximum? the 4" -4.5"- 5" range is about normal for me, 5" if i'm feeling brave lol

btw, is there a way to tell who/how many people are on.line on this site. I'm new here?