How HIGH a Stiletto (WITHOUT Platforms!) can you wear?

Anita C.

How HIGH a Stililetto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!  

471 members have voted

1. 1. How HIGH a Stililetto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!

4" are a breeze now. It's almost as if I'm wearing flats. 5" is really comfortable, but I'm able to wear my 6" ankle boots (in my avatar) outside without a problem. My feet do go vertical in them so they are really the highest that I can comfortably wear. I've worn them around the house doing work for at least 8 hours. I started to get a little tired by then, but I still managed.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife can wear 5 inch heels pretty comfortably. Though after a couple of hours she does begin to complain if she has been standing quite a bit. She prefers to wear 4"-4.5" heels instead. Her 5.5 and 6 Inch heels, she can barely stand up on. And walking on them, she has to hold on to a wall or me. She is practicing though. she does have a small foot, US 6.5 so her foot is really arched with the ultra high heels.

My wife has gotten quite good at walking short distances in 6 inch heels but I have never mastered that height. While I do have one pair with 6 inch heels, I only wear them for training purposes on our treadmill. Since I don't wear stilletto heels in public, all of my shoes and boots have 4 inch heels at most.:chuckle:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I take a UK Size 4.5 or 5 so I have no problems finding or buying heels.

Anything from 3" to 4.5" I can wear comfortably nearly all day. I can drive and wear 5" for a few hours. Any higher - 5.5" up to 6.5" are reserved for modelling, evenings out where I don't have to walk too far - and the bedroom of course!

My little feet are genuinely vertical in 6" heels...so 7" or 8" heels like Ballet's, are for modelling only.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I have a suggested training method for those who would like to wear 6 inch heels, but find it very uncomfortable to do much more than take a few steps in them. My wife used this method to master walking in 6 inchers after one year and I am now using it myself. Begin by walking every day for a half hour in 4 inch heels. After one month, walk for 5 minutes in 5 inch heels and 25 minutes in 4 inchers. Each month add another 5 minutes in the 5 inchers and 5 minutes less in the 4 inchers. Beginning the 7th month, walk for 5 minutes in 6 inch heels and 25 minutes in 5 inch heels. Again each month, add another 5 minutes to the 6 inchers and subtract 5 minutes from the 5 inchers. After one year, you will be able to walk over 2 miles in your 6 inch heels. Of course, if you are already comfortable wearing 5 inch heels for extended periods, you can skip the first 6 months of this regimen. The key is to gradually train and strengthen your ankle and calf muscles to allow you to walk with your foot in a highly elevated position.

• 5 months later...

I have a suggested training method for those who would like to wear 6 inch heels, but find it very uncomfortable to do much more than take a few steps in them. My wife used this method to master walking in 6 inchers after one year and I am now using it myself. Begin by walking every day for a half hour in 4 inch heels. After one month, walk for 5 minutes in 5 inch heels and 25 minutes in 4 inchers. Each month add another 5 minutes in the 5 inchers and 5 minutes less in the 4 inchers. Beginning the 7th month, walk for 5 minutes in 6 inch heels and 25 minutes in 5 inch heels. Again each month, add another 5 minutes to the 6 inchers and subtract 5 minutes from the 5 inchers. After one year, you will be able to walk over 2 miles in your 6 inch heels. Of course, if you are already comfortable wearing 5 inch heels for extended periods, you can skip the first 6 months of this regimen. The key is to gradually train and strengthen your ankle and calf muscles to allow you to walk with your foot in a highly elevated position.

2 miles in 6" heels after a year??!! Yeah right...and pigs might fly! Have you any idea just how far 2 miles is?? You're claiming that ...let's say...you can walk around the average F1 Grand Prix circuit in 6" heels in comfort.....or 2 laps of the Indy 500!

More likely it will TAKE you a year to walk that far in 6" heels!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I have several 11.5cm (4.5") and 12cm (4.7") heels in which I can walk easily and others which are tough -a pair of boots, in particular-. My 13.6cm (5.2") Pigalles 120 are easy to walk though, so I suppose it depends on the shoe construction and it's quality.

6 inch stiletto became the normal for all day wear for me several years back. I have some 7.5 inchers for special occasions, but I know I couldn't wear these out unless I knew for certain that the environment was easy, eg not too much distance walking at any one time, solid quality floors, pavements etc..Getting around in them is fine, they are comfy shoes, I can walk elgantly - and they're fun/empowering to wear but they can be killer heels because my ankles tire rapidly if the surfaces are uneven and I am doing continuous walking. Standing is fine, walking a little here and there is fine but my flexibility/ ankle strength is still not good enough to wear these as an all-day shoe. Its getting better but slowly. I own one pair of 8 inch pumps but these I only wear at home cause they're ludicrously high. (good for stretching my feet, leading each step with my hips) Cheers Heel-Lover

6 inch stiletto became the normal for all day wear for me several years back.Heel-Lover

Heel-Lover, you've mentioned several times before, in several different threads, that you normally wear 6" heels all day. I am wondering what, if any, reaction to you get from people that you come in contact with in the course of your normal employment as well as those that just happen to cross your path? (I am just curious....no criticism intended)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I can do well made 5" heels just fine... I have a pair of 6" oxford lace up heels that are not very well made which I bought just to see what 6" heels felt like, but I suspect that if I had a pair of 5.5" to 6" heels in the same style that were well made, I could walk in them pretty well..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

5½inch was my highest until today (of actually I bought them yesterday), a lovely pair of patent red pumps with 16cm stiletto heels (6.3 inches). I have worn them for 2½ hours now and they still feel great! I can probably wear them longer them my 5½inch heels since they fit much better.

Heel-Lover, you've mentioned several times before, in several different threads, that you normally wear 6" heels all day. I am wondering what, if any, reaction to you get from people that you come in contact with in the course of your normal employment as well as those that just happen to cross your path? (I am just curious....no criticism intended)

Hi Bubba,

I often wear heels, and when I do they're usually 6 inch, just cause thats what I'm used to now, and I prefer the height and feel. It tooke me years to work up to that height so I tend to want to keep wearing them. So not quite ALL the time, I don't think I said all the time, I just want to be honest about that.

So reactions from strangers are normally mostly good, either ignored or interested/ puzzled responses. Most women are interested, most guys ignore it, or don't know how to react. Its a good conversation starter with women. If you're not just passing by most often someone will want to know why etc..Its all about my confidence - if I am nervous and shy then I'd get bad reactions, if I am right out there then reactions are good.

With work, well those that see me in heels know that I'm a little crazy and they deal with it. It doesn't affect the standard of my work.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

• 3 weeks later...

I can wear 3" all day without noticing, 4" for several hours and 5" for a short while. I have restricted movement in my right big toe joint, which is always the limiting factor, but it easing slightly I think

• 4 weeks later...

I can walk in my 7inch pumps without a problem!

That is very impressive. I can walk in 6" high heels, but very slowly and methodically. I'm more comfortable in 5" high heels. How often do you wear 7" high heels?

• 4 months later...

I am currently shopping around for a decent 6 inch pair of heels if any one can point me the right direction that would be great.

If this is your very first pair of 6" heels, then I would suggest that you go for one of the better known brands like 'Pleaser', 'The Highest Heel' or 'Ellie' to start with. That way you can find out if 6" heels are for you without wasting huge amounts of money if they are not.

'Pleaser': www.pleaserusa.com

'Ellie': http://www.ellieshoes.com/showcase/default.asp

'The Highest Heel': http://www.thehighestheel.com/showcase/default.asp

They offer 6" heels in a variety of styles - pumps, sandals, mules, peep-toes and of course, stripper platforms.

If you find that you're comfortable with them - then take a look at the 'luxury' end of the fetish heels market - like these places:

'Leatherworks': http://www.leatherworks-footwear.co.uk/

'Estresmodes': http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.estresmodes.com/&ei=PFwoTcb9OYKyhAfcyqHHAg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCUQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Destresmodes.com%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1916%26bih%3D1023%26prmd%3Divns

'6 Inch Heels Forever': http://www.orientvisual.com/6inchforever/

'Burlesque-Blue': http://www.burlesqueblue.com/

'La-Piazza-High Heels': http://www.la-piazza-highheels.com/

There are plenty of others that will no doubt get posted, but these should do you to start off with.