How HIGH a Stiletto (WITHOUT Platforms!) can you wear?

Anita C.

How HIGH a Stililetto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!  

471 members have voted

1. 1. How HIGH a Stililetto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!

It always impresses me to see people pull off heels over 5 inches. I have one pair of 5 inch stilettos and love them but 5 inches and one pair is enough. 4 inches or even 4.5 is the perfect height for me!

Style is built from the ground up!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can wear 4" heels, but I haven't tested more because there aren't higher shoes in store in France... :santa_hat: It's not very easey to buy over 4"... But, if I'd the choice, I'd like to test 5, 6 and 7" ... :w00t2:

I started wearing 4" heels almost 20 years ago. It was hard at first, but now anything up to a 4" heel (stilleto or block) feels as natural as flats. I even find most 5" heels to be comfortable for long wearing and walking, however at this height my gait is obviously slowed and my steps are noticably shortened. I've got exactly one pair of 5.5" boots that are quite comfortable for long durations.

These are good: :santa_hat:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q37/evcif/DomKnee3cropav.jpg

Above that, things get pretty iffy. I can do 6" for a limited time and distance, and higher gets painful. It's funny how a one-half inch increase can make a big difference in the higher heels.

These hurt: :w00t2:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q37/evcif/El7-R2-crop3-web.jpg

For the record, I usually wear size 12 (US Womens). I would think that a person's maximum heel height would be somewhat dependent on foot size..

In the old days, when I was young, I could wear 14 cm (measured at the back of the heel) fot a short time. Never found it comfortable. In the past three months I have been wearing 12 cm stilettos for 4 to 6 hours daily. My calves get used to it. Greetings Hans

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, exactly. Someone in the girls' thread for example said her feet were vertical in 4.5" heels and beyond vertical in 5". I have UK size 5-6 feet so 6" has my feet perfectly vertical in line with my leg.

HI Roz, 6" heels size 5-6 feet , you have just blown my mind, that look of the foot in a vertical postioin is simply the best in my mind, do you find it comfortble in such high heels , do you have any pics you could share with us ? in cidentally what a pair of legs you have !! fab

Haha, thanks for the props. If 6" blows your mind, I bought some 9" heels with 2" platforms the other day (meaning a 7" heel) but I think I am probably punching above my weight. My feet are kinda beyond vertical so I am still bending my legs in them but hope I can one day master them. They're hard work at the moment as you can imagine!! I have quite a few pics of me in shoes but they're all 5" heels from when I did some modelling pics when I started doing dance professionally and I needed a portfolio. Thanx

Hi Roz, 5" for some with size 5 feet are a challenge, you come into the category of superwoman!! at 6" 6" is really high on size 5, and as for 7" well , it will have too be seen too be believed ! photo's please!!! my ex wouldn't even look at 5" let alone try, boring i say, push it too the limit the higher the better , have you ever tried ballets! and not the flats!! being a dancer , been there done that i presume. She wasn't aware i wore heels! but i can only do 5" at the mo as i tore a calf muscle cycling a while ago and have had too curb my heeling i did get too do 6" fairly easily and i have ballets and find them easier than really high heels , i have a pair of 7" courts no platform and cannot do these at all , legs bent looks awful, and i'm a size 8 uk so for you too be trying 7" in size 5-6 is just awesome, my mind has gone already thinking about it, have fun trying,keep us all posted andy

5" is a doddle for me, I could sprint 100m in them! 6" I'm quite fussy with, but some of my 6" shoes are fine, even on a night out. My Karos are just silly, I am going to try and get my leg straight in them (I'm getting better and better) and then I'll sell them. I have borrowed ballet shoes, 7" heel I think, and found them easy to walk in but a pain after a while of wearing. Guest they're not designed to really be worn for long. But I wouldn't buy them just because they're not my style.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a size 11, and while 4" are most comfortable for me, I have a pair of thighboots with a 5.25" stiletto heel that I've walked over 2 miles in one night, while wearing a tight skirt. I'd just finished recoperating from knee surgery and my knee hurt much more than my feet. My feet were fine.

The first time I wore heels and walked were a pair of a sister's friends while she and my sister were at the beach. They were 5" (size 8, which I was then) stiletto pumps. I was about 12 or so, and could walk easy enough in them then. 5" are easy for me, though most of my stilettos are now 4+". 6" for a while, but my highest I own now are 5.5".

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought a pair of Deranged 7" heeled ankle boots from Hollywood Heels, and I'm doing ok with them. Got to be careful outside with them at the moment, because they are really stretching my ankles, and I don't want to go over, but that's part of the fun of wearing the extremes, it's the possibility that you might.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

• 1 year later...

I bought a pair of almost 7" black pattent stilettos, but where to much to walk in comfortable. So with a little patience I shortened the heel to a more reasonable 6.25" and added a slight wedge to the front of the heel to shoe attaching point to fix the angle. And now they are verry comfortable. Now I wish they where .5 a size larger or more preferably a little longer pointier toe.

I wear 4" on a gegular basis all day and night. The 5" Steve Madden 3 strap NO platforms, I just got a couple weeks ago, I can wear around the house all day and thats going up and down steps and getting better at it all the time.

real men wear heels

4" about 9 hours - driving/train/bar/concert including a couple of hours (3 miles) walking around London. 4.75 is my tallest lift - not a lot of walking, just round the house 2 hours (they have quite a narrow toebox). Al

I wore 5" heels everywhere all day on vacation. Gave my 6" heels a quick try out turned around and changed to my 5's, found out that 'out and about' is different then around the house. That was last year!! This years vacation will be different, I plan on spending at least a half day in my 6" heeled knee boots shopping, walking around, and sightseeing.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I have given up on walking out-and-about in 6" high heels (without a platform). I can walk in them, but not very fast and it seems more of an effort to walk in them than just enjoying the moment. I am still very comfortable in 5" high heels without a platform.