How HIGH a Stiletto (WITHOUT Platforms!) can you wear?

Anita C.

How HIGH a Stililetto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!  

471 members have voted

1. 1. How HIGH a Stililetto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(if you will allow males to answer) I was born with 5" stiletto heels on my feet, 6" stilettos are really easy but still struggling with 7" heels (although they are getting easier)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm transferring this to the everyone forum. People get really stroppy if guys post in the girls place and they also get really stroppy if I delete posts so this way hopefully no one will get stroppy. If Anita wants to place another thread in the gals forum, please can only gals reply and give me an easy life. Thanks :)

Wondering how many can wear & walk in HIGH Stilettos & for how long?

'Nita C.

If we're talking about real 6" (which would always be 15.2cm) and not the 6" @ sz8 or 9 that scales up to 7"+ in (US Ladies) 12 then I say I'm able to get along with these 15cm for quite some time.

CU!

-Mike

I have worn 5" heels while bar hopping downtown, but that didnt require much more then 1/4 mile of walking at a time. I can handle good 4" boots for a while without a problem. I have a pair of 6" heels, and with my small feet I end up with an ankle bent further back then with some of my ballet heels :) Btw.. I can't go more then a hundred feet or so in ballet heels without my toes paying the price, so I'd count those out. Seeya! Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Usually 4" if I'm wearing high heels all day - 5" at a push if I'm driving. In the evening 6" are no problem - although I find that 5" are the most complimentary to the legs and feet.

I just wore my first pair of five inchers the other day. Took a wee bit of time and effort getting used to them, but I managed to walk in them well. Chances are I won't go over that height since I do a fair amount of walking during the course of the day while I'm at work.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I can wear 5" heels but I don't walk gracefully. My current height is 4" with somewhat a gracefull walk. 3" I have down pat, no problems.

Like you, I'm at my most graceful in 4 inchers which I wear exclusively these days while 3 inchers almost feel like flats. I just wore my first pair of 5 inchers a few days ago, and those will take a wee bit of time getting used to. But hey! I like a challenge!

:)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I can wear a 4" heel all day and I can walk comfortably in a 5" for several hours. I've never had the opportunity to go longer. I can stand in a 6" but walking is not comfortable or gracefull. The image of being precariously perched on a 6” heels comes to mind.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

As I've only just been allowed my first heels, (see the thread here ) and they're still taboo except in private, the most I've tried is those at 4" which I wore for an hour round the house recently while everyone was out. No problem walking them for that time but probably different out on the street.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I can walk quite comfortably in 5inch heels, however i do own a pair of 7inchers, but would not like to walk in them. I will not be purchasing another pair of 7inch shoes! Ellen-Jay :)

---------------------------------------------------

The shoes aren't sensible, so why is the talk?

• 2 weeks later...

EJ wrote:

I will not be purchasing another pair of 7inch shoes!

I've now 4 pair of pumps with 7" stiletto heels. And, like EJ, I think I won't be buying another pair anytime soon since I still have difficulty walking very far in them and won't be wering them anywhere outside of the house -- ever -- (well, perhaps hardly ever :P ).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 years later...

Hiya, i had a bet once with my girlfreind, i said i bet you cant stay in 5.5" heels for 24 hours, she proved me wrong, she wore them from 10am till 10am the following day, she even slept in them & done the shopping in them, what a girl !!!!