Wore My Five Inchers At The Office

JeffB

Well, on Monday, I wore my first pair of 5 inch pumps (measured from the back) from Sexy Shoes at the office. I never had gray shoes before and these intruiged me. This is what these beauties look like:

Posted Image

The transition from 4 1/2 to 5 wasn't quite as considerable as I thought. It's one thing to wear such shoes in the limited confines of my house to the far more expansive environment of the building I work at, and even though I'm a desk jockey, I still do a fair amount of walking during the course of the day, giving me plenty of time to break in the new shoes.

As for reactions, co-workers were suitably awed to see me atop five inchers, openly amazed that I could walk so well and easily in such tall heels. To tell you the truth, I was pleasantly surprised that I could walk in them too. As I become more comfortable walking in these shoes, I might just add more colors in this style in the months to come.

I'll have a picture of myself in them coming soon!

:)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Those are awsome shoes , I think I am growing inspired here! Grey seems like a color that would go with anything. Do those pumps have a rounded toe? I don't like pointy toes and I find the rounded toe to be much more comfortable. I usualy wear heels with straps or open toe'd sandles etc , but after reading some of your posts , I think I may try a nice pump with a good 4 1/2 heel to start with. They must look really classy?

You are correct, bubba, those pumps are the 4211's from Sexy Shoes. A very sharp and classy looking shoe to the say the least. And I really enjoyed wearing them at the office. Like I said, there had been a transition to wearing five inchers and it took a week bit of time getting used to standing and walking in them. Had no idea what a difference a half inch could make, but that was certainly the case! But the reactions of co-workers was precious. Everybody loved the shoes and how nice I looked in them, a couple of ladies shook their heads and marveled at how I could walk in them. One flat out said she'd break her neck if she tried wearing heels that high while another was so astonished at how high they were, she insisted I take one shoe off so she could take a ruler and actually measure the heel! All in all, it was a fun day. As I put more time in those shoes and properly acclimate myself to wearing five inches on a regular basis, I may well add more 4211's to my collection. It's great that a place like Sexy Shoes exists to satify my need for pumps in large sizes!

Jeff! WOW! I Love the look of those shoes. I have to know. What color and length slacks did you wear with those shoes? What kind of hosiery? Were you able to keep them on all day or did you slip them off under your desk? I have the same style 4211 in various colors and I have to slip them off from time to time or suffer horrible leg cramps......Thanks...larry.

Love those heels!

At 'Sexy Shoes' they say the 4211s are 4.5" heels? Does the heel height grow with larger sizes or am I just at the wrong page?

CU!

-Mike

Hi Mickey,

its a misery but there is no agreement how to measure heel heights!

A) vertical at the backside of the heel

:D vertical above the tip

The higher the heels the bigger the difference between both methods.

I received my 16 cm sandalettes from an Ebay auction with a height of 19 cm measured by method A. Measured by method B they were 17 cm. In size 40 or less the 16 cm might approach to the truth. I cannot even stand on these shoes. That's really awkward :)

Today I discovered an auction, where the seller offered exactly my sandalettes in my size with a height of 15 cm. Annoying :o:oops::D

greetings to Dresden

micha (*this time too lazy to convert all measures into inch units*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Jeff! WOW! I Love the look of those shoes. I have to know. What color and length slacks did you wear with those shoes? What kind of hosiery? Were you able to keep them on all day or did you slip them off under your desk? I have the same style 4211 in various colors and I have to slip them off from time to time or suffer horrible leg cramps......Thanks...larry.

Hello, larry! Thanks for the kind words. To answer your question as to what I wore that day: a slate gray mock turtleneck with matching dress pants (35" inseam, I'm 6-2) and off-black L'eggs pantyhose.

I had no trouble with leg cramps while wearing the shoes, and the only time I took them off was at lunchtime when I put on my walking shoes for my daily two mile walk. I only wear my heels at the office as I transit to and from work in sneakers.

Jeff! Hello again. I should have chosen my words more carefully. What I meant to ask about slack length was how much of your shoes were showing? Just the toes and the tips of the heels? The whole shoe and the ankles? I admire you on acheivment at the office and I wish to clarify. I visited Sexy shoes in Rogers City Mi. USA several years ago and purchased more than a few pairs. Style 4211- 4212/ wide width and a style thats aparrently discontinued, Bright red patent with gold colored steel heels. 100% mad materials but they give and stretch and feel wonderfull. Also the Style 4212 in the two pairs that I own have a lower cut vamp. IMHO oponion the heel height varies only slightly from style to style and not worth disputing...Larry.

Love those heels!

I think Sexy Shoes specifies a size for measuring heel height, like 6 USW. I bought a pair of slides from them in size 13, which were advertised as 5 inches, but measured a full 6in. at the back of the heel. I later checked them against a size 12, and they were higher as the size increased. My wife's (the BW) size 9 platforms were the same heel height as my 13s, so obviously they felt higher to her since they were shorter. The now ex-girlfriend's size 6 platforms were lower in heel height, than my 6.5 inchers. So, it's hard to tell what to expect.

HI JeffB when you are taking some pics, could you perhaps take a picture of a little more than just you at your desk? I would like to see a bit more of the office and understand the terrain you have to cope with in your heels. It would make me appreciate your heel wearing a little more, I could wear 5 inchers at my desk all day long but I would never be able to do a days work what with all the stairs and walking that needs to be done (let alone the 50 co-workers) Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Jeff! Hello again. I should have chosen my words more carefully. What I meant to ask about slack length was how much of your shoes were showing? Just the toes and the tips of the heels? The whole shoe and the ankles?

Ahh! Okay, no prob! I'd say that with a 35 inch inseam and five inch heels, all the toes and the entire bottom half of the heel was clearly visable. Does that answer your question?

when you are taking some pics, could you perhaps take a picture of a little more than just you at your desk? I would like to see a bit more of the office and understand the terrain you have to cope with in your heels.

Well, there's not much "terrain" to speak of, everything's carpeted except the men's room, but I'll see if I can expand the sort of pictures I take.

:)

JeffB:-) What a great thing for you to be able to wear 5" stilettos and to be able to walk in them comfortably all day at work. Good for you. You know me and pics---I have to go along with Nigel on this. You should use a pic of your new 5"ers for an Avatar pic, and it is time to branch out into other colors in that style of heel. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-)

What a great thing for you to be able to wear 5" stilettos and to be able to walk in them comfortably all day at work. Good for you.

You know me and pics---I have to go along with Nigel on this.

You should use a pic of your new 5"ers for an Avatar pic, and it is time to branch out into other colors in that style of heel. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hello, Dawn! It was quite a little challenge, being able to stand and properly walk in five inchers. What was even more surprising was that I hadn't experienced any sort of discomfort while wearing those shoes. A tip of the hat to Sexy Shoes for proving a well made product.

As for the avatar, heck, I just started using the one I have up now! At least let me break it in first! :) And yeah, I might well add more five inchers in the future as I get more and more comfortable in them.

Your shoes certainly got a good reaction from your coworkers!

They certainly did, Firefox! Moreso than I thought. Now that I've tasted the magic of five inchers, I have to have more and plan on adding these colors to my collection of 4211's from Sexy Shoes in the weeks to come:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

From left to right: black, black patent (can't resist it), brown, navy, red. Should make for a fun filled 2005!

jeffB u r so lucky at being able to wear such great shoes all day, wish i could, but in my current job i am relegated to steel toe caps only, i live in hope of finding a job where i don't have to wear such orful shoes. by the way i really like those grey 5 inchers. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

To Danielle: My understudy, eh? Heh! I'll have to think on that! :P

To nhoj62: Yes, I am extremely lucky to be able to wear such shoes, openly and proudly, and without suffereing any sort of recrimination, or humiliation from superiors or co-workers.

By the by, the shoes listed in my last post were just the beginning I fear, here's some additional colors for the 4211's that I have my eye on for spring and summer:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

From left to right: Bone, burgundy, bright blue (though I'm not sure what to wear with those), red patent, white

I know it sounds absolutely insane to think about accumilating so many pairs of five inchers, especially when I'm just starting out in them, but these shoes are so, well, sexy, they're damned hard to resist!

:P

JeffB:-) WHOA!!! What a great collection of COLORS you have on your "Must Get These" list. YOu sure are going to have a great 2005 breaking in all those colors at the office. You sure will blow your co-workers minds on those. If you can afford all of them, GO FOR BROKE!!! Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Been thinking about what would go best with the bright blue pumps. I'll hit the stores and see if I can find a pair of dress pants that'll match them. Fortunately, the 4211's are only $34.95 a pair, so they're affordable. I'll start out with basic colors black and brown, then add others. I've probably mentioned this elsewhere, but I can't bring myself to wear anything under three inches these days, and in time, four inches will become my minimum, but won't exceed five since I do a good deal of walking while at work, and comfort is a must.

JeffB:-) The more you walk at work in your 5" heels, the more confident and comfortable you will become, and soon you will not even notice that you are on them. Go for it, Jeff, I know you can handle the whole thing easily. I just wish that I could be in your position at work, but it will never happen. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, I've ordered the 4211's in brown and black, two colors I wear on a regular basis. Black patent and navy will be next, followed by bone and white for when spring rolls around. To Dawn: Yeah, that first time wearing 5 inchers made for quite a revelation and it took a wee bit of time getting used to them. But yeah, I'm sure that the longer I wear them, the more comfortable they'll eventually become. And to think that a year or two ago, I said I'd never go past three inches, then I never said I'd never go past four, now, here I am at five! But that'll have to be my ceiling, if only for reasons of pure practicality.