Should I buy these?

Terry

I really like these and want to buy them. They also come in black, but I really like this colour. Apart from my tan colour J Lo boots, I've only worn black before. These would be...well, noticeable. What do you think? Is the world ready to see a guy in these, or should I get the black?

Posted Image

Posted Image

a man wearing neutral color heels, black or brown, might be looked upon as less feminine and, therefore, be more accepted in public. However, the more "girly" colors and styles, might just be construed as more "crossdressing" by the average observant.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've seen guys wearing pink shirts...that seems acceptable. Pink shoes might be pushing the envelope. Maybe they would be okay with the right clothing. I guess I've been inspired by the guy in the black and pink pumps on Fashion Spot. I wear heels in public, not only as a fashion thing, but also to promote the cause, so to speak. If guy sees me in heels that are black (less femme as Bubba says) and they think that it is interesting or cool, maybe they will try a pair. But if people see pink heels and view it as silly or ridiculous looking on a guy, then it might turn them off the idea. I don't know. Bad news, SQ, they only go up to 11.

Yeah, I think the black would be a little ho-hum and rather unremarkable. There's just something about the pink ones. If I get them and they look to girly, I'll just go to the area of town that's gay/alternative. Either that, or I'll be posting in the "shoes you don't dare wear outside" section. :) BTW, I welcome any negative comments as well. If you think I'm crazy, let me know...I might need a reality check. I have a feeling I'm going to get them. Sometimes you see a pair, and no matter how hard you try to talk yourself out of it (because i.e. you already have too many pairs), you just know that you are going to end up buying them.

Posted Image

Those boots are very interesting. I wouldn't wear them myself, not because of the color, the heel is just too short for me. If you feel secure enough to withstand the inevitable stares, double takes, hoots, giggles, chuckles, snide remarks and whatnot if you venture out in pink, then, by all means, go for it.

As for what to wear with them, I'd opt for black jeans, they would contrast perfectly with pink. The top is a little tougher though, when I wear my red pumps, I always pair them with a red shirt, if you feel comfortable, then maybe a pale pink shirt as men are wearing that color these days. Good luck to you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Taking another look, I think they are cute. I don't think I would wear them, however, even in black. I still believe the style is a little to girly for male ware. However, I agree with JeffB about what to wear with them. Black trousers are a must. Also, perhaps a white shirt with a pale pink or raspberry color tie would do as well as a pink shirt. But then what do I know. I'm so used to having my wife and girls color-coordinate me (choose another tie, you can't wear that one with that jacket; or you're not going to wear that tie, are you?) that I've kinda lost all prespective :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Jeff...that's pretty specific...inevitable stares, double takes, hoots, giggles, chuckles, snide remarks and whatnot...is that from direct experience; has that happened to you? Bubba...I guess they are going to look girly no matter what, but I found today somethings I think I would wear, depending on the weather. One is a black blazer with light pink pinstripes (found in the menswear section!) that I could use with maybe an all black shirt, or if the weather is warmer, a black shirt, mostly black with small pink and small red rectangles. Either way, this is something I would save for spring time. No snow or slush for those shoes.

and black jeans.

Terry, think pink!

I'm also a proud owner of pink Jlo-Boots (manolo-converse style ankle boots). Black jeans are ok. I prefer for myself bleached blue jeans together with a mauve- or white colored t-shirt rsp. top-shirt.

Unfortunately my US 11 boots are a little bit too narrow for my EU 44 size. Not suitable for long excursions :)

cheers, micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Taking another look, I think they are cute. I don't think I would wear them, however, even in black. I still believe the style is a little to girly for male wear.

Well, that all depends on the viewpoint of the individual, bubba. Heck, any pump looks more girlish than those boots, and as everyone knows, I wear pumps openly and proudly! :)

Jeff...that's pretty specific...inevitable stares, double takes, hoots, giggles, chuckles, snide remarks and whatnot...is that from direct experience; has that happened to you?

Yep, most definitely direct experience. The notion of a man wearing high heeled women's shoes is seen as something of an oddity to the public at large, so I've had all of the above happen to me. African-American teenagers are far and away the biggest perpetrators as, for the most part, they lack any semblance of manners and decorum and will say, no shout whatever comes to mind.

Developing a suit of emotional armor to deflect and/or ignore the stares, hoots, giggles, et al was important, otherwise I'd never be able to enjoy my sense of fashion freedom today. Don't kid yourselves, people DO notice us when we're out in public, but ninety-five percent of passersby have manners and won't do anything more than stare, do double takes or giggle under their breath.

It's the ill-mannered, uncouth five percent we have to deal with, but they can be ignored, it just takes patience. Sorry to have veered off-topic, but Terry's comments required an appropriate response since it's about something very important to every guy here who wears heels in public.

^ and isn't it ironic that I'm a little under 2 years removed from being a [partially] African-American teenager? A big part of my repression is due to the fact that I fear the comments of my peer group. With them being my peers, and just so happening to lack maturity, I know that the comments would be open and probably facial too.

^ and isn't it ironic that I'm a little under 2 years removed from being a [partially] African-American teenager?

My my! Walt Disney was right! It is a small world after all! I forgot to mention that I'm African-American! Cool!

A big part of my repression is due to the fact that I fear the comments of my peer group. With them being my peers, and just so happening to lack maturity, I know that the comments would be open and probably facial too.

All too true I'm afraid. I live in the inner city, so I see that sort of immaturity on the streets every single day. And from both genders to boot, girls can be every bit as abrasive and caustic and foul mouthed as boys, sometimes moreso, which is a shame.

I remembered you mentioning that elsewhere. That makes [at least] two of us now. Awesome. But I'm sure I'm of the younger generation between us, so finding acceptance is factorially harder for me. I live in inner-city New Orleans and I use public transportation :x NOT a good combination. Infact, the only support I'd ever found was a friend of mine from Charlotte while I was there, but the irony of it all is that she's a sneakers-all-day type of girl. I'm working on her though :) OK we've gotten waaaaaaaaaay off track now.

If you're not appearing en-femme, definately go with the black ones over the lavender ones. Black just suits most guys, while pastels suit most women. Then again, that could just be my preconceived societal biases showing through... Elsewhere in the world guys wear pastels all the time, including as the color of their skirts...!

One man's "preconceived societal biases" is another man's established fact! Some colors naturally suite women more than they do men. It's just that simple.

I'll admit these pumps from Sexy Shoes with the 5 inch metal rod heel have intrigued me, but I can't help but wonder if these shoes are too flashy for wearing at the office:

Posted Image

You see, from day one when I started wearing heels in public, I've sought to present a tasteful image to prove that men can wear women's shoes in public without looking bizarre or freakish. But this style might well push the envelope.

So, what do you folks think? Too flashy or stylish for the office? I'll leave it to your always good judgement.

My much-humbled opinion is that the decoration on the heel is no different than a decoration on the vamp of a shoe (as is the case with my latest heels). Personally, I like them and although the color contrast brings attention to the heel itself, if your styles are classy enough (which I don't doubt) then the shoes will have that feel of belonging. They're not overly flashy in my eyes. But if you wear jewelry, make sure to wear gold should you get them.

Jeff--IMHO, those pumps look more like nightclubbing pumps than they do day-to-day work pumps. I'll be alert to any women wearing them during the day so I can see how the combined the shoes with the outfit....

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I like them and since your workplace is so accepting of your footwear I"d give them a try. I don't think the heel is at all flashy but will stand out. I like them in either the black or the white. Jim

I would stick to the more conservative stuff for office wear. After all, your wearing heels in that environment is already being "accepted." No need to get too bold within your work setting. :P

JeffB:-) I'm inclined to agree with Bubba136. Although those shoes are very yummy, I don't think they would be suitable for the work environment. It is all right to push the envelope a bit once in a while, but I think this would be pushing a bit too far for right now. If you want them for house wear or clubbing, by all means buy and enjoy them and use them to give you practice for the 5" heels at work. It's just my opinion for what it is worth. BTW: Have you noticed how small the heel tips are over the heel tips you now wear? That itself may take a bit of practice. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!