BIMBOS?!?!

Anita C.

I was shocked recently when I ran across a gal who was going to great lengths to be 'transformed' into a physical 'bimbo'. :o She had HUGE implants, lipo, mucho face surgery & was curious as to where I bought my SHOES! :) She had BIUG BLEACHED-BLONDE HAIR, BUBBLE-GUM PINK LIPS (obviously ENHANCED!), BIG earrings, LONG fingernails & was wearing a SHORT dress (BARELY!) & 5.5" stiletto pumps. If her IQ was any lower I'd have had to WATER HER! Anyone else familiar with this 'Phenomenon'? Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Wow, that really sounds scarey. But, the scarey part is what she's going to look like when she's 70? SCREECHHHHHHHHH! :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

How will any of us look at 70, I guess it depends on fashions, trends etc. The lady in question obviously lives for the now (can we honestly chastise a woman for bettering her look (in her opinion) yet support men dressing as women?) Again, the freedom of personal expression card has to be played. As for the BIMBO thing - well, the net is almost overrun with them, this ain't new, nor is it news. Ellen-Jay :)

---------------------------------------------------

The shoes aren't sensible, so why is the talk?

You've a point, EJ. Some people look scarey at 30 and age doesn't help (and, that includes some men dressing as women). :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

BIMBO's?? It all started in Essex in the UK in the mid-'80's. Anyone remember "Essex Girls" in their stretch-lycra miniskirts and obligatory white stiletto pumps?? I do. I was one of them!!!! :):o

How will any of us look at 70, I guess it depends on fashions, trends etc. The lady in question obviously lives for the now (can we honestly chastise a woman for bettering her look (in her opinion) yet support men dressing as women?) Again, the freedom of personal expression card has to be played.

As for the BIMBO thing - well, the net is almost overrun with them, this ain't new, nor is it news.

Ellen-Jay :)

Are you specifically addressing the cross-dressing of men (i.e. trying to be women) or are you lumping all us heel-wearing people into the "dressing as women" bin?

I think she is trying to say, how can we slam someone for her choices in life and then be all open minded about something else, and the example being we're open minded and supportive for the choices of men wearing heels and such. But I'll let Ellen-Jay finish the thought, it is just my interpretation of a generally kind statement saying include everyone. Having come from a gothy attitude to where I am now, I never understood the whole 'bimbo' thing. But I suppose it is about a sterotypical image, in which a woman feels she has to offer herself in a physical sense in order to gain acceptance, and it has come to mean, no mental capacity to offer, no personality beyond being sexy, and thus, has been marginallized by society in some sense. People should be free to live with their choices, so long as no one else is hurt and they understand the consequences of the action. The trouble is, many people do things without thought for the long term effect. Implants in, implants out.

I think she is trying to say, how can we slam someone for her choices in life and then be all open minded about something else, and the example being we're open minded and supportive for the choices of men wearing heels and such.

But I'll let Ellen-Jay finish the thought, it is just my interpretation of a generally kind statement saying include everyone.

Having come from a gothy attitude to where I am now, I never understood the whole 'bimbo' thing. But I suppose it is about a sterotypical image, in which a woman feels she has to offer herself in a physical sense in order to gain acceptance, and it has come to mean, no mental capacity to offer, no personality beyond being sexy, and thus, has been marginallized by society in some sense.

People should be free to live with their choices, so long as no one else is hurt and they understand the consequences of the action. The trouble is, many people do things without thought for the long term effect.

Implants in, implants out.

On the one hand I'd agree but in typical Canadian style I'll see the other side too :-) We are allowed to have an opinion of what we like and dislike, so while we might support people doing something, we don't have to like the outcome. We can make a statement that we don't like something even while we accept that people do it. I don't think we can be universally accepting, not should we necessarily be.

If someone feels that the easiest way to a comfortable life is to be a trophy wife, well, that's a choice. I'm not sure I'd agree it's the best way... Sort of takes the control of ones' life away.

I wholeheartedly agree with your last paragraph as that implies personal responsibility and meeting your obligations.

I'm all for allowing anyone to do anything they have the courage to try and are willing to accept the consequences for what they do. But, as my father used to tell me, "actions have consequences" and "you can do anything you believe your back is strong enough to bear." Susan, the original, chose to alter the natural action of her feet, sacrificing flexibility in her feet and ankles, to a point where she isn't able to walk flat-footed, when she decided to become a full time extreme heel wearer. However, I personally think that any practice that alters your body for the sake of appearance is unhealthy and, in some cases, such as a babydoll makeover, very unappealing. Now, that being said, I know that everyone here has limits to their accepting of things different, strange and appaling and unappetizing. I know that some are appalled by practice of personal hyigene, certain sexual habits, manners, bad breath, dress and artificial appearance. There's a whole different meaning to the terms "total acceptance" and "tolerance." Anyone can tolerate a man in women's clothing without totally accepting the practice or even liking it. I don't like broccoli. But I eat it -- initially to set an example of eating healthy foods for my children and because my wife "dresses" it up with melted cheese and other good stuff so I tolerate it. So, while spouting the politically correct, touchy-feely good sounding garbage that "everyone should be accepting of all things" sounds good to a bunch of squirrelly minded people afraid to admit their distastes, it's just that. For, all of the shouting and uttering these people do for the sake of total acceptance, tolerance and diversity, you can't tell me they "like" all manner of things people do.

The idea or stereo type of the "Bimbo" developed in the mid '80's when a certain fashion trend began to emerge along with the acceptance of women in more and more significant work positions in society. Fashions then began to see women in (God forbid) short skirts, high heels, shoulder pads and flamboyant hairstyles - AT WORK!! :) "Power dressing" as it came to be known. Thousands of women followed the fashion - and in essence, those girls who WERE NOT in managerial positions or persuing professional careers - rather models, celebrities, media personalities or just plain girlfriends of famous or influential men - began to be labelled "Bimbo's". Or - more cruelly - "airheads" :D . When I married my rock musician husband in 1988 (we're now divorced) - he was touring with a very well known star - I was instantly labelled his "Bimbo" - despite the fact that he left school at 16 and I have an Honours Degree in English and Criminal Pscychology :o (I could never spell that word!!). In my humble opinion - "Bimbo" is a term created by men to protect themselves against the percieved threat from intelligent and powerful women. :oops: THAT should put the cat amongst the pigeons!!!! :argue:

have a degree, received a degree... I'll have to agree with your statement on the quality. Okay, just kidding, easy everyone, easy. My degree is useless unless I want to become old and stuff, per the stereotype. I think a high heeled history professor would have been a treat on a University campus, but that path ended 8 years ago. Funny, how then I was gothy, and now, dark blonde hair high heel wearing, and anything but a bimbo, certainly wiser now than I was then even if from looks, people might think the opposite.

Are you specifically addressing the cross-dressing of men (i.e. trying to be women) or are you lumping all us heel-wearing people into the "dressing as women" bin?

Calm down Heelsrus - I was making the point Laurieheels expressed far more eloquently than myself.

On a historical note does BIMBO stand for "brains in my boobs only", or,

brains in my bum only"? I''ll go for boobs!

Ellen-Jay :)

---------------------------------------------------

The shoes aren't sensible, so why is the talk?

I used to pride myself in saying I've never barged in on a gals thread. sorry to break that today, but i couldn't resist. a Psychology degree is not bad. It is what is putting bread on my table. So much for all the other stuff I've studied. Spike, thanks for the historical info and explanation. Now I understand better. Bubba, good points you raised. tolerance and acceptance. nice distinction there. RPM p.s. i will go back to silence with-regards to the gals forum

I was shocked recently when I ran across a gal who was going to great lengths to be 'transformed' into a physical 'bimbo'. :o

She had HUGE implants, lipo, mucho face surgery & was curious as to where I bought my SHOES! :)

She had BIUG BLEACHED-BLONDE HAIR, BUBBLE-GUM PINK LIPS (obviously ENHANCED!), BIG earrings, LONG fingernails & was wearing a SHORT dress (BARELY!) & 5.5" stiletto pumps.

If her IQ was any lower I'd have had to WATER HER!

Anyone else familiar with this 'Phenomenon'?

Anita C.

perhaps it was me you saw

Yes, cats are cool. You have how many again? You are severely outnumbered. :P And in relation to bimbos, I can certainly claim that cats are not bimbos, the two here are too smart for their own good. And our girl cat cannot be trusted with my shoes, as I have discovered. She chews threw straps and laces, and likes to sleep on the pairs made of real leather. :P

OK then, something on BIMBOS :P I think Anita's first post was harsh and somewhat sterotypical. There are plenty of girls who dress like that and are not short of brains at all. It's just how they enjoy seeing themselves or it could be a style phase. I think you've already covered that point spikeheelhoney!

Okay, so when I stopped being all gothy, I leaned toward the bimbo style for a while. Went blonde, short skirts, higher heels... I'll admit it. It wasn't extreme, mind you. Short skirts, sure, but never short shorts, and the hair was never teased out, not really the stereotypical image. But heading towards it, sitting on the fringe.

Gothy is good LH. Individual and original. The Bimbo image is almost like a uniform now - peroxide blonde (I should have bought shares in ICI), long lashes, short skirts in any weather, high heels, long nails and glossy lips. Oh Dear. I've just described me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(giggle) :P:P