New Laurie Picture!

Here it is, taken 26 April, 2002, late afternoon. I don't think it is as good as it can be, and the perspective is off somewhat. But I am wearing a new pair of patent stilettos, the heel on this pair is a bit higher, 5 1/4 inches compared to the pair that is a plain five.

Posted Image

Nice pics Laurie, and of course nice shoes. Given the constraints of your webcam they've come out well. I'm sure you will be giving the people of Calgary plenty of sights of your new shoes. Enjoy

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Any chance of seeing you standing in those heels Laurie ? The picture you posted is good, but there is nothing better than seeing you standing in those heels to get the 'true' perspective of heel height. Hope you can post some more pics soon, Love Neil

Love your pics can't wait to see more! :smile: BTW Laurie, are you married? ...seeing anybody? ..ever been to Chicago? ...oh let me stop. :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chip7X on 2002-04-28 06:56 ]</font>

I am wearing US 11 for heels four inches and higher. Truthfully, the shoes in 11 are a little bit big at times, but they are better all around, because for women, water is retained and feet swell. Men may experience this, I don't know. WIth a larger foot, it is easier to go up the heights. That's why I think I can make it to seven inches for at least a five minute walk.

As far as I know, everyone's feet swell up through the day. This is actually the best time to try shoes on as your feet are "enlarged" a bit. When we purchase hiking boots we always go after a day of work to try boots on. A couple hours on the trail and your feet would fell pretty bad if the shoes we too small.

Missy's High Heels

Missy's High Heels Forum

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PostCode on 2002-05-01 16:48 ]</font>

Some of us can wake up and have swollen feet. Bad reactions to caffine cause a body to retain water, for example. That's why I mentioned it. I don't think it is gender specific, but I do think it differs from person to person as far as the extent. But you are absolutely right.

Love the new shoes Laurie! They're ace, I would love to get to be able to wear something that high! A bit over 4 inches is the most I manage at the moment. BTW it's my birthday next Monday, maybe the magic fairy will buy me a pair like yours and help me learn to walk in them.

Maryanne: All it takes is practice and some stretching. I hope you do have a pair appear out of the blue, and then you can start wearing them! Go slow at first, and give your feet time to adjust to the new positions and pressures. Phuong: Thanks, I am glad you approve! They really are nice shoes. I'm glad you think I have great taste! Inga: Like, we all know you enjoy heels, so that's quite the obvious statement there! :smile: At least we're on the same wavelength for this style.

nice pictures and very nice shoes. i have a pair of 8887 in black patent, a pair in white patent with ankle straps, an a pair in red patent with an ankle strap. my s/o has two pair of 8887 in black patent and one pair in black velvet. i also have a pair of red patent and black patent in number 2000. they are supposed to be 6 inches, however they are not that high. i still can not fine a pair of exactly 6" high heels in my size. all pairs are by jante, the most comfortable heels i have found.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

At the very least, I know that Jante makes shoes in a size that I can fit, and there are enough styles that I could order a size from any place and know it would fit. For me, I do notice I need some extra padding for the ball of my foot, which is okay, except that I have to use heel slip guards and cut them up, and the packages of those are expensive sometimes. But they are nice shoes. I wish I had a pair in red. Sometimes black needs a break.

yes, the red patent one look very nice, and also the white patent ones. i do wish jante made classic pumps in more colors and like you said, use the same padding down in the ball area. still, great!!! hoigh heels.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

• 4 weeks later...

On 2002-06-03 04:10, Laurieheels wrote:

Thanks J.D. Too bad people don't see this where I live, although my date from last weekend told me all of the guys were looking at me. Interesting. I mjst be oblivious to these things.

I think you may have missed his point, slightly. In the probably slightly misquoted lyrics of the Herman's Hermits song "Mrs Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter", "..You'll pick her out, standing, in a crowd...Makes a bloke feel so proud!"

They were probably looking at you with envy for HIM! Why, then, don't more guys ask you out? They don't want to lose face with their peers by being different, sensitive, or even sensual (unmanly traits unless you are French or Italian!). But that doesn't keep them from being jealous or envious of the rare guy with courage enough to rock the boat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-03 04:46 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

He distinctly said they were checking me out, giving the the twice over. I already know some may have been jealous of him for taking me out, but I am not the one who made the comment. He did, and I am just reporting what he said. I'd still like some of these men to have more confidence and ask me, but I do not wish to be asked while I am working and fixing their account problems.