New knee boots

Rockpup

Heya guys. Took a field trip to Neiman Marcus Last Call in Fort Lauderdale. They often have a selection of heels that are 3"+, and give me a chance to try out some very high end heels, since I'm usually a bit shy to ask a sales person to try a $700 pair I do not intend to buy.

I did find a pair of Cole Haan G-series boots, knee high with lace/zip and a 4" heel. The lacing is very close and at the time was as tight as it could be, so even unzipped I could not try them out. While spending a few minutes adjusting the lacing to try the boots out I realised I was being shadowed by 2 seperate employees (Aww.. I'm special *grin*). I did finally get to try them out, and was very impressed :o

The heel height is very comfortable, and the ball of the foot is stamped "Nike Air", and is quite comfortable, with plenty of traction due to it being very similer to a sneaker. The heel noise is not bad.

They were discounted to $122, but due to a store wide sale, $61. Bonus! Not bad considering similer models list for $400.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Unfortunatly the whole boot pics I took are not flattering, and I will try to find them somewhere else on the net. Don't mind that pair of jeans, they are dirty from work.

The only concern I have after a few hours worth of wear is that the insole is shaped with a bit of a curve, and is curved a bit too close for my foot. I'll keep you updated on how that works.

I do plan to crash with a friend of mine next tuesday, and might wear these while out and about in Miami. Pics to come :)

Seeya

Jim

*new*

This Ebay Auction is an identical pair, except for color. Mine are all black. Enjoy!

(formerly known as "JimC")

Heya guys. Took a field trip to Neiman Marcus Last Call in Fort Lauderdale. They often have a selection of heels that are 3"+, and give me a chance to try out some very high end heels, since I'm usually a bit shy to ask a sales person to try a $700 pair I do not intend to buy.

I did find a pair of Cole Haan G-series boots, knee high with lace/zip and a 4" heel. The lacing is very close and at the time was as tight as it could be, so even unzipped I could not try them out. While spending a few minutes adjusting the lacing to try the boots out I realised I was being shadowed by 2 seperate employees (Aww.. I'm special *grin*). I did finally get to try them out, and was very impressed :o

The heel height is very comfortable, and the ball of the foot is stamped "Nike Air", and is quite comfortable, with plenty of traction due to it being very similer to a sneaker. The heel noise is not bad.

They were discounted to $122, but due to a store wide sale, $61. Bonus! Not bad considering similer models list for $400.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Unfortunatly the whole boot pics I took are not flattering, and I will try to find them somewhere else on the net. Don't mind that pair of jeans, they are dirty from work.

The only concern I have after a few hours worth of wear is that the insole is shaped with a bit of a curve, and is curved a bit too close for my foot. I'll keep you updated on how that works.

I do plan to crash with a friend of mine next tuesday, and might wear these while out and about in Miami. Pics to come :)

Seeya

Jim

*new*

This Ebay Auction is an identical pair, except for color. Mine are all black. Enjoy!

Super, JimC!

Finally again a male heels wearer who dares to show his face :oops::D:D

cheers

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi Jim C, I am guessing that the heel is about an inch wide? also, I have never tryed on a pair of lace up boots, do thet take long to do up? it looks like you got a great deal there. Micha, Have you visited the real liife meetings thread? there are loads of us gues who dont mind showing our face, come to think of it, its the girls that seem to be letting the side down, Gina seems to be doing most of the work for you girls. Here is one of my wife sitting on a wall next to me here on the right in her 'killer heels'. When Heelfans house move has finished, we will get him to update the 'put a face to the name thread. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

yea, between 3/4 and 1" wide. They zip up the sides so you can set the fit with the laces, then take them on/off whenever you want. As far as the issue with the shape of the insole, I decided to try adding in the insoles from a pair of puma speedcats I have not worn in a bit to try to fill in the space, and keep the sides from poking me. I'll be heading out to get some egg's for breakfast and plan to wear these boots while doing so :) I'll keep you updated. Jim

• 1 month later...

Finally found the name of this model of boot! Grindelwald , that is the link to Nordstroms's old page for those boots.

Once again, I do not have that color, mine are black leather. Although If I run into the brown suede one's I'll be very tempted to pick them up.

I wore these boots while on a shopping trip in Fort Lauderdale last night. Just about 2 hours of wandering around Sawgrass mills mall.. including a couple of longer distance strolls. No real problems last night, and my feet are not sore today.

This is doing well for me, I usually do not wear 4" heels that exposed, nor for that much time. Even while shoe shopping in about 6 stores :P

I'll post more pics tonight hopefully, including my recent modefications to these boots, and my new ankle high boots with a chunkier, but same height heel.

Seeya

Jim

• 3 months later...

Ok, while traveling up to Tallahassee I decided to take a detour through Orlando and stop at the Cole Haan outlet there. I was pleased to find the brown/red version of the grindlewald boots there in a few sizes. Posted Image I first grabbed the pair in size 9, same as my black pair, and was disapointed to see that the price was about $70 higher for that pair then the other sizes. I tried them on and noticed I would have the same issue with the footbed not fitting my feet as I had with my black boots. Somewhat dismayed I grabed the size 10's next, and with other tourists filling the back of the store where I was I took several minutes to re-lace the boots, as someone must not have noticed the zipper.. and I wanted to check out what the pair felt/looked like before I set down $100 for another pair of similer boots. I will say the 10's fit -alot- better :P They do not dig into my feet like the smaller size did, and while the brown looks a shade or so darker then that photo, they happen to 100% match the color of the shirt I was wearing.. including some red details :P

I did change into them after leaving the store and walked back to my vehicle to drive the last 4 hours wearing these, including a stop at a home depot in Ocala, where no-one even seemed to pay attention. (shoulda worn my thigh boots, eh?)

I'll keep you guys updated, I think with a little work my current outfit might just be a keeper for nights I end up staying in Miami and hit Miami beach with a friend.

Seeya!

Jim

JimC, While I'm a definite boot guy I can't say that I like them, but I don't dislike them either. The design is certainly unusual. But if you like them I say go for it, the world needs more street heeling guys.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

My, my! Those are certainly unique looking boots you have there, Jim! Can't say I've ever seen anything quite like those before. Most interesting indeed! In any event, I hope you enjoy wearing them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Ok, I've yet to see a photo online that does these boots justice. Guess I'll have to get a picture of them worn somewhere in public :P I do like the fact that they are not cookie cutter heels, as I've never seen a pair like these elsewhere either. It's not dificult where I live, since it appears to be in a fashion black hole. Have fun guys, I'll keep you updated. Jim