No genetic females joined lately?

That's a question best answered by Becky, Laurieheels, Ann_Louise, and some of the remaining female members. If I had my guess, I would lay the reason to so many men trying to dominate all of the threads and not paying enough attention to woman's issues. (this is just my opinion).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba, I couldn't have said that better myself. Xaphod, Your answer is typical of most of the males here. You don't understand that the actions you are doing are putting us off from posting. I'll read all the new posts but sometimes I can't be bothered to post because you dominate and hijack our posts or "gals area" and then say "What are we doing wrong"? We've told you until we're blue in the face, so until you find that out for yourselves then I'm sorry to say that the real women will slowly go away. Becks.

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

There certainly is very little incentive to participate in the discussion based threads - just take a look down the Last Post column of the For Gals index page. I would suggest a possible reason for the imbalance is that there isn't the reciporical interest for women in men wearing heels as there is in the heel wearing men for women in heels. I can't see that the status quo will ever change. Ellen-Jay :)

---------------------------------------------------

The shoes aren't sensible, so why is the talk?

Agreed Ellen, but then the girls forum isn't about men wearing heels so why don't the girls post about women wearing heels now it has been cleaned up. What threads in the last few months have been "hijacked". Or do you or Becky or someone else have another suggestion about what should be done to help things along in that forum? In actual fact, if one looks around on the internet even the women on the fashion and beauty forums don't seem too interested in discussing shoes. Wearing them yes, but discussing them seems to be boring to the majority of them for the most part. If it wasn't there would be as many posts about shoes as there were about tips for cosmetics or hairdressing, but that isn't the case. There's a thousand times as much about hair care as there is about footwear. So I'm forced to conclude, most women don't care to discuss about shoes for whatever reason.

from what i notice of women and girls who i have raised the topic with, heels are an accessory that are available and part of a womans standard clothing, and its easy for them to take this for granted. As it is a normal part of 'female' life, it maybe isnt such a big deal to discuss. whereas the majoity of heelwearing men on here would probably agree. here is a community of people mostly male sharing a common interest, and sharing experiences based upon a preference to wearing an item of clothing marketed and manufactured as an item only for females. The people here range from looking for courage to wear their heels to veterans sharing the many stories of heel ventures, and therefore we have maybe many more topics and questions to talk about re heels than maybe our female members here can find. just my thoughts and 2 cents daz

Daz wrote:

with, heels are an accessory that are available and part of a womans standard clothing, and its easy for them to take this for granted. As it is a normal part of 'female' life, it maybe isnt such a big deal to discuss.

Daz has it right. I've lived with my wife for the past 29 years and observed as she coached our two daughters in the finer points of dress and fashion. I've never overheard them discuss shoes in any context other than which shoes should be worn with which dress, suit or sports outfit and which outfits should be worn with heels rather than flats, clogs, mules, boots, ect. So when one of my "girls" would point out a pair of shoes worn by another female and say "cute shoes," the meaning goes way beyond the fact that the shoes are cute and look good -- it also can mean they go particularly well with the outfit the woman is wearing or even so much more in girl talk that escapes even the wisest males. amongst us.

Males come at heels from completely different directions. From adminiring, wearing or coveting thy neighbors pumps to objects of arousal and complete emanation. Hardly the same feelings from females that view high heels so nonchalantly because they are a normal part of their costumes-- which are designed for and associated with their gender.

So, that much being said -- has it occurred to anyone here that one of the reasons more women don't "stick around" this form is because they really don't "cotton" to the idea of men wearing high heels or other items of female clothing. Most women want their men to be men. They really enjoy being women and viewing men as the opposet sex -- without sharing their most intimate garments with them.

Just a thought (observaton). :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

In actual fact, if one looks around on the internet even the women on the fashion and beauty forums don't seem too interested in discussing shoes. Wearing them yes, but discussing them seems to be boring to the majority of them for the most part. If it wasn't there would be as many posts about shoes as there were about tips for cosmetics or hairdressing, but that isn't the case. There's a thousand times as much about hair care as there is about footwear.

On the fashionspot forums, there's alot of discussion about shoes. Mainly ugly (trendy) shoes, IMO, but shoes non the less..

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Bubba,

I couldn't have said that better myself.

Xaphod,

Your answer is typical of most of the males here. You don't understand that the actions you are doing are putting us off from posting. I'll read all the new posts but sometimes I can't be bothered to post because you dominate and hijack our posts or "gals area" and then say "What are we doing wrong"?

We've told you until we're blue in the face, so until you find that out for yourselves then I'm sorry to say that the real women will slowly go away.

Becks.

Becks, please look at the number of my posts in 'For the Gals' before sounding off !

I believe I have averaged 1 to 2 posts PER YEAR there.

Xa

At the end of the day I don't really care. Shoes are shoes and are a practical fashion accessory - I think the high heel posting has been done to death. Probably every question has been answered and every conceivable topic discussed - I don't think there is much more to be said about heels really. However, the men on this forum find it exciting to wear heels whilst walking in the dark around the block or wearing them to a "heel meet" - I don't find that exciting, just normal. I suppose anything that isn't classed as normal or badged as taboo is exciting to talk about and share experiences with. I think from a womans point of view the topic of heels here has been done to death. I also think that its like you wouldn't talk about shoes, underwear or fashion infront of guys you don't know. I suppose in a subconcious way its the same here.

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

......So, that much being said -- has it occurred to anyone here that one of the reasons more women don't "stick around" this form is because they really don't "cotton" to the idea of men wearing high heels or other items of female clothing. Most women want their men to be men. They really enjoy being women and viewing men as the opposet sex -- without sharing their most intimate garments with them.

Just a thought (observaton). :)

Sad to say, I have found this to be true even in crossdresser support chat rooms and online communities when I used to frequent them years ago.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

...I think the high heel posting has been done to death.

Probably every question has been answered and every conceivable topic discussed - I don't think there is much more to be said about heels really.

.....I think from a womans point of view the topic of heels here has been done to death. .....

Very good points. My postings have decreased as a result.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I agree that most things that can be said about high heels have all ready been said here -- several times over. However, membership in this forum continues to grow. Soon we'll have 1800 registered members. To the newer members, these ideas, issues and challenges are fresh and they're eager to discuss them, hopefully seeking answers to a lot of questions that may have been bottled up inside them -- perhaps for years. This maybe a stretch, but it's logical, isn't it? I guess this one of the reason older members get bored, lose interest and disappear off the poster's roster. Sorry folks, no solution to this dilemma. Either stick it out and add to the wealth of information newbes seek or "bag it."

It's difficult to rant when you agree with what's being said. Becky, Bubba, Daz and PJ have nailed it between them. I guess we look in to see if there is anything new. Ellen-Jay :)

---------------------------------------------------

The shoes aren't sensible, so why is the talk?