Heelmeet Amsterdam 2005

Dude

i would like to meet some dutch heelers or heelers that are coming to holland. it does not have to be in person. we could mail or chat trough MSN read on trough the next replies and onto the next page to find out when

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we will be coming over for a few days (midweek) about March/April time just for a short City break. We could meet up then perhaps, do you know Amsterdams best shoe shops? perhaps you could show us around them? let us know if you are op for it? Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Hi I had great fun a few years ago in the shoe shops, and some of them went up to my size (42-44). I will post a poosible date when I have planned a little more. we might even meet each other and maybe i could talk you into trying on in the shops ( it is easier if there are more than one of you for the first time) best wishes until then. Nigel

Hi Xa, It would have to be mon-fri for us, is that okay with you? It would be great to see you again. Three for a dutch heel meet is a good start. I will keep an eye open on this thread and see if we can tempt any others! thanks, Nigel.

Hi Xa,

It would have to be mon-fri for us, is that okay with you? It would be great to see you again.

Three for a dutch heel meet is a good start.

I will keep an eye open on this thread and see if we can tempt any others!

thanks,

Nigel.

Yes, as a Gentleman of Leisure, any time is convenient for me. There are various commitments, like Feb 3 thro Feb 17. Feb 19th, and sometime early March which I forget for the time being. Otherwise, suggest a date.

I think it is a good time for me to present a short discourse on why Belgian beer is the best.

The Brits brew beer that is drunk warm (about 12 deg C) so that doesn't count.

The Germans make a lot of noise about how their beer has laws to say how pure it is, and these laws have been around since about 1550. The beer isn't bad, but it gives me gassy gut, big time.

The French brew something which is only appreciated by the French.

(Much like their own Colour TV system, SECAM .... known to British engineers as Something Extremely Complicated and Mysterious, or, my preference, Something Essentially Contrary to the American Method)

Amongst all this hype, the Belgian monks have quietly been brewing fearsome brews in their monasteries since the 12th Century. I say fearsome brews, because the weediest is 5%, rising to 9% and more.

The efffect on the Belgians is much like the digitail dyslexia on my typing, rendering them incapable of engaging in any coherent form of National promotion, spin, media presence or any modern cynical self-promotion. They are merely content to know their beer is the best, and see no point in making too much fuss about it !

Xa

Hi Loveheel, Sorry I cant help you myself, however I seem to remember having a great time in the shoe shops when we visited a few years ago. The styles are sure to be different to what you have over in the US. Xa and Dude, I will have a look at dates toward the middle to end of March,but I will have to check my work Schedule first. Is that Okay with you?

Whoops! That will be the easter week, know wonder the prices were sky hi on Easyjet and KLM. Any problems moving it till April? Xa, will you survive long enough with out a becks? on the subject of beer, I think a tour of the brewery there might be in order I will post again later when I have checked my workload for April. Nigel

I'll probably be in for an April trip. Amsterdam is a great place to wear heels. The beer and the "coffee" houses also sound attractive.

Okay I am going to try to book some time off I am going to try for the week starting the 11th of April

I look forward to letting you know what dates are available to me and I hope everybody can join in.

FF, I might have to pass on the coffee houses as I dont think it will be the best of places for my little girl.

Nigel

Quite right too. I'm a non smoker myself and dont like passive smoking either. I may well just nip in for a moment to get some cakes or fudge though! That's my preferred method. If you are brining your child, we should avoid the bars too. We can aways sit outside if it's April.

Hi Dude, Whilst I am not looking to make this into a Euro Heel Meet, as you started this thread, you are the only one that can change the title of it, I wonder if any other folk might come out of the woodwork if you changed the name of the thread to 'Amsterdam Heel Meet April 2005' Guys, I have booked the time off know and I am starting to look for hotels and flights, I am going to see if I can use some of my air miles to reduce the cost. Let me know if you can do the 11th, 12th, 13th of April. thanks, Nigel.

Hi Dude,

Whilst I am not looking to make this into a Euro Heel Meet, as you started this thread, you are the only one that can change the title of it, I wonder if any other folk might come out of the woodwork if you changed the name of the thread to 'Amsterdam Heel Meet April 2005'

Guys, I have booked the time off know and I am starting to look for hotels and flights, I am going to see if I can use some of my air miles to reduce the cost.

Let me know if you can do the 11th, 12th, 13th of April.

thanks,

Nigel.

OK, I agree, that's committed dates for me.

Xa ..... back from hols