Hi, new member here.

Hi everyone, I have been looking at this forum for ages so I thought it's about time I joined as it looks like my kind of place. I wear heels every day at work and out & about. For day time I prefer 2-3" block heels but sometimes wear stilletoes to work, I like the amount of noise I can make on the wood floor we have! Sometimes I wear higher boots with a platform but as I'm quite tall I have to watch out for low doorways. I also have a problem with buying shoes & boots, I seem to accumlate them whenever I go shopping. I look forward to posting more in the future. Regards, David.

Welcome Heelfest 98 ! !

Nice to have you here.

What kind of job do you have may I ask?

Wood floors. Watch those spike heels, you don' want to sink into the wood.

I look forward to reading about your experiences.

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Welcome new member. So you wear stilletos to work? Lucky you. Do your co-workers make comments? How about your boss?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Heelfest98:-) Welcome to the HH Place Forum. you have come to the right place. Yeah! What about the comments from your co-workers and boss when you wear stilettos to work? Inquiring readers would like to know. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi all. Thanks for your interest. I work in a fashion shop in the UK, my co-workers (who are all female) all support my alternative fashions. This time of year as it's cold I tend to wear knee-high boots with a smart skirt & top. My boss has no problems with this and is always interested to see what I am wearing. The boots I wear mostly are 2 - 3" block heeled in black & 1 pair in brown croc. Sometimes I wear stilleto heeled boots of about the same height, but they are rather loud on the hard floor!

Reactions have been nearly all positive by people I have met & I'm getting quite well-known for my skirt wearing around here now. I have been wearing heels & skirts to work for over a year now so I think most people have got used to it. You can see some pictures of my outfits here:

http://albums.imff.net/david

(Including my not-so-subtle leopard-print boots!)

Although the whole skirts thing isn't my thing, I think most of your outfits look pretty good. As it looks like you are ok with your own image, I say all power to you, carry on enjoying the freedom you have given yourself to dress how you please. And it's great your work colleagues accept you too, good on them for being so open minded. Thanks for posting pics, and hope to see more of you at HHPlace.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Hi, Heelfest, If it's not to nosy, what job do you do which allows you to wear your chosen form of dress to work ? Nice look, BTW ..... something I'm trying for, but finding longer skirts can be a real pain. Personally, I have a rule which is 'nobody sees my knees !' Xa

I don't think you look bad at all. What I see is a person dressed in simple skirts and tops that isn't dressing (gaudily) to make a "statement." While I believe different shoes -- shoes with a higher stiletto heel - would improve the overall look. That's just my opinion. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi all. Thanks for your interest. I work in a fashion shop in the UK, my co-workers (who are all female) all support my alternative fashions. This time of year as it's cold I tend to wear knee-high boots with a smart skirt & top. My boss has no problems with this and is always interested to see what I am wearing. The boots I wear mostly are 2 - 3" block heeled in black & 1 pair in brown croc. Sometimes I wear stilleto heeled boots of about the same height, but they are rather loud on the hard floor!

Reactions have been nearly all positive by people I have met & I'm getting quite well-known for my skirt wearing around here now. I have been wearing heels & skirts to work for over a year now so I think most people have got used to it. You can see some pictures of my outfits here:

http://albums.imff.net/david

(Including my not-so-subtle leopard-print boots!)

I like the last few (but those are more my :style:, the business looking ones <nice halloween stocking/pantyhose BTW>), everyone has an opinion and take what you will from each and be yourself.

-----------------------------------------------

Used to be cosmo_loves_PH before the crash!

Well, certainly lots of feedback there for me!! Thanks for all your comments, the pictures in my album are just typical outfits I wear for work, please bear in mind I have to stand for about 8 hours at work so most of the shoes & boots I wear to work are based on comfort. I do also have a collection of higher heels that I wear at home or for going out including 3 pairs of thigh-length boots. I have some 5" patent black stilletto pumps that are a favourite of mine(just about see them on the Halloween pic), I also have 7" platform sandals and just got some 6.5" spike heels without platform but having trouble walking in them so far! I always used to wear heels under my trousers as I find it easier to walk on my toes and always have done since a child. The skirt wearing came about because I found them to be so much more comfortable than trousers. Whether or not it is a female garment has never been an issue with me, if I like something I will wear it regardless of which gender it was originally made for. It's great to find so many people with an interest in heels, I will try not to ramble on too much but when I sit down at the keyboard I just seem to type & type without stopping. Regards, David.

Yes, I do the same thing. Once I get started with a topic, sometimes I just ramble on.....and on....and on. This is a terrific site. It appears to have room for everyone's likes/dislikes. Very intelligent, down-to-earth, and sensible. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. I almost passed this site by. At first glance I thought it was mostly U.K./German/Euro populated. Then I noted a few east and west coast Yanks had infiltrated. Ha. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. Grinz, Strpr-]

Don't worry about rambling on, David. Just keep posting interesting comments and no one will pay any attention to how long they are. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.