Your dad wears heels?

Man-in-Boots

micha, yeah i understand what you mean. military type men can be stiff in a way when it involves heels. cheers

Hello Man-in-Boots,

I don't believe that my father was a military type man. He grew up in a dictatorship and in a war under worst conditions. Naturally imprinting into his brain. As boy in the HJ (Hitler youth) you were simply bashed up caught on heels. Homosexuals or TV's went directly to a concentration camp. The Nazi regime produced by indoctrination a lost generation (--> werwolf). My father was definitly no Nazi monster. But he was always reading books about the second world war. Like many british and american fathers.

Why this celebration of the invasion of the allied troops in the Normandie? Many elder men wearing proudly their military decorations. I presume that the experiences in the second world war were so strong that our fathers have/had really a problem to take a distance.

I just remember my youth when my sisters and me wanted to see "Beat-Club" at saturday afternoon. It was always a fight against my parents. The Beatles just went through but Jimi Hendrix was too much for my parents :x My father was talking about the "cannibal" or the "papua". At that time I hated my father really ...

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I've always been curious as to whether there might be some measure of genetic interference with my being compelled to wear heels. Investigating this question has led me to the firm conclusion that -- no, my Dad doesn't wear heels, or if he does, he's wearing my mother's, or hiding them really well. I suppose I could just ask him -- anyone gone this far to find out? :-)

It is extremely difficult for any parent to hide their conduct from their children. While parents are far more likely to believe small children either don't understand what they're doing or won't remember what they see, hear and feel at a very young age, they are completely wrong. Children are keenly observant, perceptive, inquisitive and can uncover even the most clever conceived hiding places (ever try to hide Christmas presents from a child?) Children hear and see everything. While they might not understand what's taking place, they're fully aware of what's going on around them -- like squeeking bedsprings heard through the walls from their parent's bedroomin in the dark, dead of night or a loud discussion (quarrel) overheard by them that takes place after they're put to bed -- they're far more influenced by what they sense, see, hear and envision than parents like to admit. And, they discuss everything with their older siblings which leads to their "understanding." It's likely that a parent will use the "they're to young" and "won't remember" what takes place excuse or continue infelicitous conduct, they're just kidding themselves.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.