Your dad wears heels?

Man-in-Boots

In 1978 my Dad bought the fanciest pair of cowboy boots ever. they weren't particularly high heeled but certainly the kind of boot that gets noticed. Later I was discussing my transvetism with my father and he admitted that he had always been fascinated by the drag culture though had never cross dressed. So it does make me wonder.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

i dont think my dad does or would from surface opinion. however in the back of my mind ive always wondered if my interest may have stemmed from him in some way, or even if there was a pair of heels around and he ws on his own, would he not resist to try them......... who knows.... daz

i dont think my dad does or would from surface opinion.

however in the back of my mind ive always wondered if my interest may have stemmed from him in some way, or even if there was a pair of heels around and he ws on his own, would he not resist to try them.........

who knows....

daz

I don't think mine would have worn them, and I know he wouldn't now. My mother's favourite shoes are running shoes these days.

However, I was told when I was a teenie-bopper that they were expecting a girl. Hasn't affected me much (mostly found it amusing) though. I wonder if I could use it an excuse to wear heels and skirts around them :) Ok, probably not. But then they do seem to be accepting of stuff, so ... nah, won't bother trying.

my dad does not wear heels he thinks me wearing heels is silly an both of them think i will reck my ankles, which is untrue as i am careful of my joints, knowing the kind of strains i put them under, during the various jobs i have done an do. so i am a first generation heel wearer and proud of it. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

My Dad was definately not a heel wearer and I am. Where it all came from, I don't know as Dad never even owned a pair of cowboy boots, but I have owned a couple of pairs myself. Like a lot of you, I am a first generation heel wearer and the last in our family as I am the last living male. So, I started it all and I'm sure to end it all when it comes to heel wearing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Geeze Dawn, if your desire to extend the line of heel wearers into the next generation is really strong, you and Mickey can always adopt young DAZ! :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, I was expecting to see loads of post on this subject suggesting that it might be something passed down from father to son, but it would apear that we are either a new breed or our dads were very good at hiding their heels. :) If we follow the new breed theory, then perhaps we wont have anything to pass on down the line to our sons? (exept I have a daughter, picture found on the bristol real life meet) 'twould be a shame. :o Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

well, if it was passed on from father to son that would imply a genetic influence, and I don't think what your likes and dislikes are can be explained away as a matter of genetics. If there was a heel-wearing bloke on here who has a heel-wearing dad, it is more likely that he has learned that wearing the heels is a 'normal' thing to do through his dad wearing them around him (which I assume he must have done for the heely to know he wears them). This is much the same way that people learn various prejudices etc. from their parents. I'm out on a bit of a limb here, but just my 2p

If you are too open-minded your brains will fall out.

Bubba136:-) I read your last post about adopting young Daz to Mickey and she had a good belly laugh about that one. TEE! HEE! HEE!!! We are a little too old to start over with anything like that for sure, for sure. The only thing that Mickey will adopt now is a stray puppy, well maybe not a stray. She always says that the only thing she does is puppies, not babies, and older children and young adults are strictly out. Cheers--- Dawn HH

My Dad used to wear high heels a lot - but I grew up with a music/theatrical background so it didn't seem that unusual to me or my sister. Both us girls got into high heels in our quite early teens - and Dad threw a fit!!! We couldn't figure it out - it was OK for him, but not for us! Until he pointed out that HE wore them on stage with his pop group - and WE wore them to places were lots young strapping lads used to go!! I guess he had a point!! He's 68 now - and unsurprisingly doesn't wear them much - if at all. However - I have still got a pair of his black thghboots from the '70s which were made for him especially with stilettos - as most heels were platforms then.

I am wondering if any of you know that your dad wears heels. My dad dosent but he have a wide collection of cowboys boots.

Hi Man-in-Boots,

my dad wore definitely never heels. Why am I so sure?

He was member in the Hitler youth like everyone in Germany and became 1944 soldier at an age of 18 years. As passionated glider he was keen on getting pilot but his red-green-blindless saved him from this kamikaze carreer as fighter pilot. So he became a simple radio operator. Luckily he was not involved any more in big battles. He was taken as british prisoneer in northern germany. And if he hadn't survived this ugly war I couldn't answer here :)

If he ever should have had the same passion like me, he must have hidden it perfectly! My father died two years ago by cancer. I didn't like to disturb him in his last years because of my passion of heels wearing. He knew about my homosexuality for years. Not easy for him but I'm sure that he has accepted it finally.

My mother and my sisters know that I like wearing heels.

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Spikeheelhoney:-) Your Dad was certainly right about those straping young lads, and it is always the thing for Dad's to protect their young daughters and he had 2 to look after. Can't fault him for that. I'm 2 years older than your Dad and at 70, I'm STILL wearing heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Spikeheelhoney:-)

Your Dad was certainly right about those straping young lads, and it is always the thing for Dad's to protect their young daughters and he had 2 to look after. Can't fault him for that.

Dawn HH

I can wait for my daughter to get to dating age, for sure. Let's see..... dating age these days is, what, 7? Ugh. I'm definitely overprotective. The young punk that wants to date my daughter had better impress me (and continue to do so over time!). Is it ok to do a security check on them first?? :)