I have a ? for you ladies....

ILuvHeels

Hi, I have a new girlfriend and she is terrific! :) She is willing to try anything at least once! I love it! :o But she doesn't have any heels that are apealing to me... She is willing to get some stilettos but we haven't had time to shop yet. I would like to make it a present but here's my problem... I asked her what her shoe size was and she answered anywhere between an 8 and a 10. :oops: she doesn't have "rounded" toes... what I mean by that is that the toes all slope back at almost a 45* angle... (not ballet boot material! :D ) I'm not sure what to gamble on for a size... any help? Thanks!

If you are going to gamble then go for a 9 with a moderate looking toe box. Not too pointy. Kind of almond shaped if you can find it. And not too high either. Maybe 3 - 3 1/2" if she is not used to them. It might be tempting to get some 4-5" heels but she's the one who's got to wear them around and far better she can manage them than they stay in the box. Also, if you get them locally, she can exchange them for the right size if they don't quite fit. Most places will exchange so long as you only try them out on the carpet first.

JeffM:-) That is a capital idea that you came up with and they both could turn the day shopping into some great fun. Mickey and I are planning a day to make a trip north to Sharon, Pa. to Reyers shoes in hopes that we both can come home with new purchases. They bill themselves as the worlds largest shoe store. Nordstroms also bill themselves as the worlds largest shoe store. I wonder which one really is the largest. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

You will have to go shopping Imagine the disappointment in finding out that they don't fit or they are not what you both want! my wife has shoes in sizes from a 4 and a half to a 7 and I have pairs from and 8 to a 11. if she is up for anything, then she should to be up for a shopping trip. go and get something you both like and want, there is nothing better than going shoe shopping to get yourselves in the mood. When I am unhappy or in a mood I ask my wife try on some boots or shoes when we are shopping, iit is sure to cheer me up. I have just seen where you live, if there are no shops close to you then drive/fly somewhere and make a long weekend of it, It will be easy to talk her in to going away for a naughty weekend. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

As far as ballet boots go you might be able to do well with Devious boots. My middle toe is longer then the rest, but these prevent your weight from being on your toes. Back on the other topic.. Shopping! Go for it. If she's cool with you wearing heels then you both may find pairs you like. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")