Greetings

Hello everone. I've been lurking here for a couple of days looking around, I've now registered and would like to make a post and introduce myself to everyone. My name is Maryanne, I'm 26 and I live and work in Melbourne city in Australia. You look like you're all very happy and supportive and I'd love to get to talk to you all soon. Best wishes, Maryanne.

Welcome Maryanne! As you have already gathered, we will make you very welcome, so don't be shy with your posts :smile: With you living in Melbourne, you'll be likely to bump into Inga on your travels :smile: Have fun! I'm sure you will!

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Francis: I certainly won't be shy.... Just wait till I get to know everyone! I've already dropped a letter to Inga to introduce myself. Thank you all for a great welcome! Maryanne. PS. Why oh why do I need to have such a ghastly shoe beside my name? It certainly doesn't match my name! :smile:

Hi MaryAnne and welcome The ghastly shoe is an incentive for you to get posting, and change it for something else. The more you post the better shoes you get. (It's in the FAQ I think).

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

On 2002-04-24 08:06, Maryanne wrote:

Hello everone.

I've been lurking here for a couple of days looking around, I've now registered and would like to make a post and introduce myself to everyone. My name is Maryanne, I'm 26 and I live and work in Melbourne city in Australia. You look like you're all very happy and supportive and I'd love to get to talk to you all soon.

Best wishes,

Maryanne.

Hello there in down under. Good to have you on board! And yes, most of us are happy and supportive since we've found soulmates here...

Have a good time!

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Greetings Maryanne! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. :smile: Charlie _________________ Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Charlie on 2002-04-27 01:18 ]</font>

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 5 months later...

It's ironic to make this post here, almost 6 months to the day since I greeted you all, to say farewell.

Recently I have felt that my contributions are not appreciated. Usually I don't post any information about myself on the internet, I made the exception here because I felt that I could express myself in an understanding environment. Unfortunately I find myself in the position where I feel that I am less and less a valued part of this group. Posting my thoughts and opinions in the forums I have been met with some less than favourable feedback. I see that it is my time to depart and with that I wish you all the best of luck.

Anyone who wishes to keep in touch can mail me at maryannemaitland@hotmail.com

I bid you all farewell and adieu

Maryanne.

Maryanne said: "Recently I have felt that my contributions are not appreciated." I've not noticed any adverse reaction to your postings. In fact I really enjoy reading your opinions. I, for one, really wish you would reconsider your decision to leave.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think the same as Bubba, MaryAnne. You are a valued part of the group I can assure you. Sometimes people are not going to agree with you. That happens to me all the time. However, if you feel you've been badly treated in a particualr instance, contact me and I'll look at it. I'm afraid these boards are somewhat "rough and tumble" within our posting guidlines of course, but I for one have enjoyed reading what you have to say. I hope you reconsider.

I have not given much thought about how politically ruff this board can be until now. You think about it, we have merged many people of different sex, sexual, and sexual orientation. Sex, as in male, and female. Sexual identities as in cross dressers, both male and female. Sexual orientation as in gays, lesbians and bi sexual. If I miss any one else my apologies but you get the idea in what I am trying to say. All of these people are a controversy in them salves and some may not be to fond of others. But all of these people love wear or admire high heels.

With the exception of what is the only widely acceptable wearer of the high heel is female, it has appeared to be a hot topic for all of us. With all these different groups of people, do you think that we all can agree or think the same way :argue: Noooooooo.....

Maryanne just because you don't feel that you fit in dose not mean you need to feel that you are an out cast. What you should actually be feeling is how much of an individual you are. When people contribute it is because it is something found conmen ground with many people. But if it's something not many (or any at all) agree to or relate to what you want to talk about.......... Well geeeeeee it that not individuality?

Personally, you been part of this board for only 6 months? I don't think you been here long enough to find your place here. :smile: With what negative feed back you been getting aren’t you just wasting time groveling over it? Why not find something else to talk about here and keep trying.

If it's more than that, why not give Firefox the chance to clear things up?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hello Maryanne - I make this post in hopes you may look once or twice more. If I may make a suggestion. Stay away from all of this for a while, go be and enjoy yourself, look back in on random occasions to meet with those you have befriended and trust. Absolutely no one has had more experience with the "nasty" when it comes to treatment of women on these forums than myself over four years. I've just taken a different view of it. We (women) are out-numbered here probably twenty to one. Communication, because of differences in male / female mind sets becomes almost impossible without someone being slandered un-intentionally. (Too often it is intentional) Opinions are one thing, everything else falls into a different catagory but for some reason it isn't separated from "opinions" on the forums. Probably 90% of the people who post on these forums disagree with me and I with them. I'm a female, a traditional woman, so in this environment I lose before I get started. On the other hand, I will be the first to admit there are a lot of terrific people here and a lot of them really do care. I don't know if that is of any value or not in making your decission but it is coming from a female/woman's perspective. I invite you to the "Total Image" chat room. We don't meet very often but we have a good time when we do. The best of luck to you in all of your future endeavors. Susan

Well, I, for one, will be sorry to see you go, as I have found that your posts have been constructive, despite what some might say. The whole idea is the contribution of ideas and values. No matter which forum or chat group you go to there will always be some that have a different take on the same situations. Susan has put forward the notion of mindset between male and female, personally I feel it's more of a case of outlook and personal experience. Difference of opinion is one of the things that keeps a forum or chat group from going stale. Please take a 'different view' as Susan put it and rethink your decision and, hopefully, we'll see you participate more often. But, I you decide that you'r going to leave us completely, all I can say is that I'm sorry that feel that you felt excluded by a few negative reactions and will miss you being a positive aspect to the forum. Good luck with whichever you decide!

I don't see a problem with the ratio of men to women here. After all, there are two groups for the men, with two different mind sets as is it. We have the wearers, who believe in fashion freedom. And we have the admireres, like my darling boyfriend, who just like to know there are some women out here who wear heels. And see them. And then we can look at the women, who here are pretty much wearers. But in each group, there are still differrent mind sets, and they break down into such specific groups. Some like platforms, some hate them. (evil platforms, grrrr!) Some are all about boots, others lust to see pumps, some prefer to slip into a pair of stiletto sandals. I do not see gender lines forming here, and I do not see men overpowering the women, despite the ratios. After all, some are looking to present as women from time to time, and they are certainly in a different mindset from those men who just like a pair of boots with a heel The whole idea of this Meeting Place is to bring unique individuals together to share in discussion of one common interest. High Heels. However, we all have different expressions of this interest, so right there we can see the diversity. To reduce it to men vs. women is not exactly fair to either gender. Maryanne, it is a shame that you feel you have to leave. I feel your posting is valuable, because we need more in the way of a unique viewpoint, and only by posting can it be expressed. It was great to see you posting, participating, and enlightening all of us. I have had a lot of people challenge me. Some have called me a fake, a man, a fantasy, and it did get me down. But I decided to stand up to it. People can be bullies, and we can smack them around in many ways, with words, by posting pictures, or just holding onto our beliefs and ideas and not letting them get us down. And if that doesn't work, Chris will be eager to go smack them around. He's a modern example of chivalry if I have ever seen one. He still opens the car door for me! (okay, I like to bring him up, don't hate me for it) Let's not be caught up in the idea of gender division, or of our Meeting Place as unfair to a certain group of participants. If people are being idiots, talk to one of the moderators. We do have rules, and we would like to make sure people act in a well behaved and respectful manner. This is a place for the individual to find a voice, a place for expression of ideas, and conversation. I hope we can examine the problems, deal with them, and continue to make this message board a place where people can feel free to visit and express their opinions. After all, we can hold to any opinion we like, but we should express it in a manner that respects all other participants. I for one am eager to fight for that, and keep our community together.

It will be a shame if you go, Maryanne. I can understand why, tho', as I've been on the recieving end of some fairly nasty comments too! I don't blame you, but I can only suggest that you stick with it! This whole electronic communication things sometimes lead to misinterpretation and nastiness out of all proportion. I try and bear that in mind when reading and posting. Hope to see you back, and it'll be a loss to us all if you really do go.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Well, i feel the same as the majority, and hope that you decide not to leave us. I dont think that any one persons opinion is undervalued at all. There is a certain degree of give and take within the board, but from what ive seen its far from nasty. Its probable that the comments that have offended you were not meant as such, and that the writer of, would most upset if they knew if they had caused any offence. Ive enjoyed reading your thoughts and i think the board will be losing a fine contributer. Paul.