Atlanta shops

Nicole

I'm going to be in Atlanta during the first week of January. I doubt that I will get a chance for a meetup or anything like that since I will be attending a conference. However, I do have a little bit of time for shopping and I was wondering if anyone knows any good shoe and/or female clothing shops in the downtown area.

the truth shall make you fret

Nicole,

AJS Shoe Warehouse 1788 Ellsworth Industrial Boulevard, Atlanta, GA 30318, 404-355-1760, Atlanta's largest and most unique women's shoe warehouse, this shoe store offers over 30,000 pairs of designer shoes, as well as hats, purses, belts, and jewelry from Europe.

Shoemakers' Warehouse

500 Amsterdam Ave NE Ste 500A

Atlanta, GA 30306-3470

Cross Street: Monroe Drive

Phone: (404) 881-9301

DSW

1 Buckhead Loop NE Ste 205, Atlanta, GA

A cavernous discount store with than 30,000 pairs of men's and women's shoes.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Nicole,

AJS Shoe Warehouse 1788 Ellsworth Industrial Boulevard, Atlanta, GA 30318, 404-355-1760, Atlanta's largest and most unique women's shoe warehouse, this shoe store offers over 30,000 pairs of designer shoes, as well as hats, purses, belts, and jewelry from Europe.

Shoemakers' Warehouse

500 Amsterdam Ave NE Ste 500A

Atlanta, GA 30306-3470

Cross Street: Monroe Drive

Phone: (404) 881-9301

DSW

1 Buckhead Loop NE Ste 205, Atlanta, GA

A cavernous discount store with than 30,000 pairs of men's and women's shoes.

Thanks for the pointers. I will certainly get a map of Atlanta before I take off so that I have some idea of where exactly these places are. In the meantime, can you tell me if any of these places near MARTA stations? ( I won't have a car).

Thanks

Sorry Nicole,

I have been to Atlanta quite a few times, but I have always had a vehicle.

I could not even guess where the MARTA stations are.

There are many more places. The Buckhead area in general has some nice shopping.

Good luck with your shoe hunt!

Gary0618

To answer my own question: >AJS Shoe Warehouse 1788 Ellsworth Industrial Boulevard, Atlanta, GA 30318, 404-355-1760, Atlanta's largest and most unique women's shoe warehouse, this shoe store offers over 30,000 pairs of designer shoes, as well as hats, purses, belts, and jewelry from Europe. The closest station is Arts Center which is close to 2 miles away. >Shoemakers' Warehouse 500 Amsterdam Ave NE Ste 500A Atlanta, GA 30306-3470 Cross Street: Monroe Drive Phone: (404) 881-9301 The closest station is Arts Center which is over a mile away. >DSW 1 Buckhead Loop NE Ste 205, Atlanta, GA A cavernous discount store with than 30,000 pairs of men's and women's shoes. Closest station is Buckhead, less than a quarter mile away. Looks like Buckhead is the place to go, at least if I want to get away from downtown. Thanks again.

Nicole,

They do have Taxi Cabs in Atlanta. LOL

Do you have DSW's in CA? If not you may be in for a treat. I shop at one in Marlton NJ and 2 in the Philadelphia area. You will have a blast!

Let us know how your trip goes.

Gary0618

Nicole,

>They do have Taxi Cabs in Atlanta. LOL

they also have busses, and i got a weekly pass. in any case, i can't afford shoes, so i certainly am not going to spend money on a taxi ride to a shoe shop where i will not buy shoes.

>Do you have DSW's in CA? If not you may be in for a treat. I shop at one in Marlton NJ and 2 in the Philadelphia area. You will have a blast!

this is the first one i've been to. i quite liked it, and had a good time.

>Let us know how your trip goes.

tomorrow, the job interviews start. the sightseeing is basically done. thanks for the dsw tip.

Nicole,

Job Interviews? So you are moving from Sunny California to Atlanta?

I was looking at the Athens area, about 45 minutes NE of Atlanta. I am tired of the North East Winters, and have visited Atlanta a few times, looking around at the business climate.

What field are you looking to work in?

Gary0618

• 4 weeks later...

gary0618 wrote:

I am tired of the North East Winters, and have visited Atlanta a few times,

Wow, during the past weekend, Atlanta experienced a teriffic ice storm. Thousands without telephone and power. No heat and nothing running including the airplanes at the airport. The ½" to 1" of ice covered everything.

Real hardship.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...
Nicole,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I haven't been on the forum for a whole.

>How was your trip to Atlanta?

It was great.

>Did you get to visit any shoe stores?

I visited DSW- that was the only one where I seriously browsed. I looked at a couple of other places.

>How about the job search?

A lot of positive interviews in Atlanta, but the process is fairly slow, so not much progress since. I do have a phone interview with one place (Central OK) on Tuesday.

Thanks for asking.

The weather in Atlanta was great when I was there. A week later, and of course it would have been a different story.