Skating in high heels

balletboot2000

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

**BUMP!** Anyone got anthing else to add to this thread, it's a fascinating topic- has anyone had any more luck or experiences with this? I've never actually gotten around to manufacturing a set of high-heeled skates, nor have I even managed to acquire the appropriate materials- I'll keep on the lookout though, and if I have any luck, I'll keep informed. If anyone else has any stories, please do share!

Be careful, once you start it's addictive fun being helpless on top of heels and skates. You'll find that quad skates are more user friendly, although some people have used inlines. For me, the highest I've taken out, is a 5 inch heeled ankle boot, on quads, around a local country park's carpark. Any higher and its hard to cope with gradients.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

Yep, it requires a login...:smile:

If you've got a Flickr account it'll work, it's strange that. I tend to use photobucket, you don't have to be a member to see links.

Having said that, you can set it to require a password. That's by the by though- the skates look interesting, would be quite an experience to actually try and navigate around somewhere, I'll bet!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

oh it is less about buzz or challenge. I just think that if really *walked* or *skated*, (I mean not only standing around) the risk of injuries on these shoes is way to big I would do it - beeing able walking heels and having healthy feet and ankles would be more important for me than trying this.

Hopefully the picture will upload - if I've done this correctly

BB

WhooooooAHhhhhh! Now, that's a pair of "skates." :w00t2:

How are those babies to skate in? and, what kind of reaction do you get when you wear them at the skating rink?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Pata, on the few occasions when I have skated outdoors in the skates, it is not easy to get from the camera to a photographic pose before the camera takes the picture. It isn't as hard as it looks, especially on a road type surface

Hi Bubba, skating rinks are not really common in the UK, so I can't really say. Outside on a paved roadway they are reasonably controllable. They don't roll too far, but I think that they need some better wheels which is something that I am looking into. Thanks for asking

• 3 weeks later...

Some years ago when I was fitter, I used 5.5" stilettoe boots on an adjustable Seiko quad-skate with big wheels & super smooth bearings. I could tie the heel securely with string through the 2 slots at the back of the skates that used to take the straps, then I used velcro for the front fastening. Skating on dry smooth road was an experience. Going down hill, the only way to stop was to run off onto the grass and usually end up in a heap. For an extra adrenalin rush that I then craved, I tried the combination on flat smooth ice and found that just standing still and upright was nigh-on impossible with the skates trying to take off in all directions at once. They were even greater fun with 7" sandals with a 2" platform. I always wore skateboarders knee pads to stop injury every time I fell over. I still have the skates but no-longer the heels. I now get my kicks on 20 inch peg stilts - but not on skates!!

I've been skating (indoors) in heels for years. The feeling of helplessnes when on what I call High Wheels, takes my breath away. Incredible to find someone else who shares my interest. Does anyone else?

High Wheels is a great name for this most unusual sport. I love the feeling of helplessnes. I used to use 5.5" stilettoes strapped to an adjustable skate as per the previous post. Then I put a 3ft square board on my bed and tried to stand on it. With the bed springs giving in all directions and the skates trying to launch in those direction, I got a huge WOW factor. then having found my balance I tried to turn round 360 degrees with nothing to hold on to but your balance and fresh air..................SUPER!!!

Hi Pata,

on the few occasions when I have skated outdoors in the skates, it is not easy to get from the camera to a photographic pose before the camera takes the picture. It isn't as hard as it looks, especially on a road type surface

Give me a location, date & time and I will photograph your progress for you with both a stills camera and a movie one.