High Heels and other Obvious Ladies Shoes worn in public

Diana High Heels

Hi all, its very interesting to read that so many of you like me, like to wears out in public and not make it to obvious. Not only do I have an absolute craving for wearing heels out but at times and now more often, due to a couple of daughters who prefer their Dad not to wear heels in public, have switched to other ladies shoes. I do not Cross Dress as I am purely a shoe person with an insatiable desire to wear out publicly ladies shoes. Fortunately I have another passion for plimsolls especially ladies styles and very often wear out ladies Dunlop Pink Flash platforms and other similar styles. I ALWAYS try them on in the shop and will wear them out. My daughters and wife are very happy with this, strange, I can wear ladies pink etc plimsolls out but not 4" knee boots beneath my jeans with them. I have yet to have an unhappy experience when buying these or even boots should I say and nearly every shop assistant has been more then helpful in selecting styles and colousr for me. My fav shop is Jade in Leeds where the staff are fantastic. One girl actually on seeing me looking at some Dunlop Pink Flash Plats came over and insisted that not only should I try them on but also selected some pale blue plats in my colour/size. When I had tried them on she stated that all were in a sale reduced from £25 to £5 perhaps I should stock up! She even bought some size 7s (I take an :) which she though would fit me, they did. After I paid I saw some boots I liked, she came over like a shot and asked if I also wanted to try them on, they were 31\2" heeled over knees. I by the way had on a new pair of the pink flash plats, she was so friendly I just had to say yes. She know I was not going to buy but seemed very keen to just help me and was very fussy. The other shoppers just ignored me. One other staff member came to help. Another experience was again in Leeds, this time the Schuh store, there I was looking at some pink flash single soles (I like pink shoes). A staff member in his early 20s asked to help, I asked for a pair of the pink flash (I was in the ladies Dept) in 8, he went to get them on returning said 'these obviously are not for you' I replied 'actually they are' hsi response was 'cool, I have lots of Dunlops myself, perhaps I should get some of these' I then tried them on before buying. Schuh of course os a fantastic range of boots and I could spend housr in there simply trying on............Anybody else share my passion for both heels and other ladies shoes?

My average heel height is 61\2" on size 9 feet

Plimsoll is a very British word for canvas rubber soled shoe, if you are from the USA then the nearest would be Converse All Stars, Jack Purcells and Keds. I do have many pics of my ladies plimsolls and me in them but this is an high heel forum so do not, in fact do not know how to display them, it all seems very complicated. If you go to www.groups.yahoo.com/group/dunlopgreenflashfanclub/ you will see the sort of plimsolls I like to wear, the pink etc are strongly featured as are other ladies styles. I also wear Superga and All Stars but again in ladies styles colours. There are links form that club to other groups with a common interest.

We also call plimsolls "pumps". Pumps are like ballet shoes or gym shoes soft soled an moulded to the foot often with elastic. This was the original type of pump that the pumpmen or coachmen wore with knee high socks and briches.

(We call what American call pumps "court shoes".)

I don't like plimsolls because they are flimsy and remind me of school. I usually wear trainers if I don't wear heels. These are mostly men's styles as they have a better choice of colours that I like in the mens styles (Black/Blue/red/purple) Most of the women's trainers are light blue or pink and that kind of colour which I don't care for.

Posted Image

One type of plimsolls

Hi I too love to wear ladies high heels. At the moment I only have 1 pair. They are red satin mules, 4" high, with a stiletto pointed heel. I used to have 2 other pairs. One, patent leather red pumps, 4.5" high, made by Bally. They were so sexy. The other I can't remember the make but they were also 4.5" high, those there were black strappy sandals. Not the type that tie up the leg though. I also have a fetish for wearing ballets shoes. I used 2 have 2 pairs again, 1 pink leather the other white satin. The only pair I ever wore outside were the pink leather ballet shoes which I painted bright red. I used to wear these when it was raining and so I knew I'd get my feet very wet and then muddy. I never got any trouble from anyone but I'm not sure if people look at your footwear as you wander through a mudy field. That's another fetish for another time I guess lol It's so good you can wear your shoes in front of your wife. I can't bring myself to confess this fetish as mine doesn't like to wear high heels herself so I can't see her liking me in them either. Shame, but she does indulge 1 or 2 other fetishes so I can't complain. Good luck and enjoy it while you can!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Posted Image

Heh! Those remind me of the kind of soft soled shoes students in Japan wear inside schools. The way that works is that kids keep those shoes in lockers and slip into them after arriving at school, wear them throughout the day, then return them to their lockers when it's time to leave. Girls usually wear while while boys wear darker colors, but it's not uncommon for both genders to wear white. FYI for everyone! :)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi, went to Leeds shopping, very quiet, arrived 0950hrs. wore my new black 5" heeled boots (pics posted on my yahoo group in files section) with 1\2" platforms, worn under my jeans. Deliberately parked away from shops and walked to them, about 20 mins in heels. Took about two hundred yards to adapt to the feeling of the boots, fantastic. Realised that by slowing my pace down it was far more comfortable and sexier. Went for a coffee in Borders, sat on a stool to show off the heels, saw several people look which was exciting then it was off the the shoe shops. Found a shop, new in Queens Arcade called 'Braca' sold nearly exclusively boots. Two young ladie assistants, very helpful, when I explained I wanted some boots for myself they could not do more to help and actually suggested styles for me (I take an :). I eventually selected a pair of 4" heeled knee boots, very pointed toe with ruff front, rear full length zip and laced top. When it came to try them on they were gobsmacked at the boots I already had on, neither had noticed them and especially by the heel! Anyway, the boots were half price and looked so sexy I bought them. Next onto Jade, there I enquired about some Dunlop pink flash platform plimsolls, these are just so sexy I think and a pair of thigh high pull on boots, 4" heel. Both size 7. lady assistant again superb, asked actually if I wanted to try them on in private, I said no that I was comfortable with what I wear. To this she smiled and said 'thats great, take a seat' The plims were a good tight fit, so pink and with such a huge plat I adore them, next the thigh boots, she even showed me how to pull them on correctly but alas the 7s were justa size to small. Anyway, shes ordered me a pair to try on later. Lastly it was River Island, so many sexy high heeled boots. Once more assistant, young girl late teens was very helpful even when I told her they were for me. She asked if any took my eye and I pointed several out. these she got and let me try on, even helping me on one occasion zip a boot up. she actually commented that I had lovely slim legs and that I was very lucky to be able get into every boot I tried on. I then selected a pair to which she said 'Look, our sale starts on Boxing day, these are half price, you know which ones you want so come in early and save some money'. This I did, what a fantastic girl and what a brilliant morning I had. On my way back to the car I ws approaching a couple when I heard the woman say to the man 'Theres a man wearing boots' her eyes on my feet. Now whether that was said to point me out as a unusual being or If he can wear boots so can you. One never knows these days. Anyway, I am planning lots more heel days out now I have broken the ice and thoughly enjoyed myself. next trip in a week when I plan to wear the 4" rear zip boots with very pointed toe. Cannot wait.....

Diana High Heels Now thats one fine shopping trip you had. Now that the ice is broken shopping will be great fun. This is great to help us all with confidence wearing our heels and also to shop with less fear..Let us know how the next trip goes...Jim

Diana High Heels:-) That was certainly a great shopping trip you had and it sounds like you had loads of fun doing it. I'll bet that you can't wait to do it again soon. All looks and comments seemed to be very favorable for you. Fantastic! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I have been wearing thigh boots with 4” and 5” stiletto heels outside my jeans in public for over a year. (see Thigh Boots in Public) The stiletto heel makes them fall into the “High Heels and Obvious Ladies Shoes”, but I also wear flat heeled thigh boots. I have a great time wearing the stiletto heeled boots. I get some reactions (nothing seriously negative) but as Firefox has said about wearing heeled boots, “9 in 10 don't notice and 9 in 10 of those that do don't care”. With thigh boots it’s more like 6 in 10 don’t notice but the public has generally been very accepting. I wear thigh boots as a guy and have worked hard to get past the “wearing ladies shoes” thinking. I’m wearing my shoes/boots. There are some who would argue that thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels are not ladies shoes but that’s another discussion. Mostly, I wear my boots when I’m driving, shopping, at restaurants, and at museums. The style may not be for everyone, but I’m having a hoot.

Diana High Heels

Wish I could go shoe shopping like that but, alas, most stores aren’t carrying size 14 yet. I would be interested in the advice you got from the sales lady about the thigh boots when, “she even showed me how to pull them on correctly”.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hello Diana High Heels, Your experience reflects mine. Most of the time the shop assistants are very friendly and helpful. I find that in particular in the shops that sell the higher heels shoes that is the case. Glad to hear you had a great morning shopping for shoes.

Plimsolls, occasionally Plimsoles, are named for their resemblance to a ship with its Plimsoll line painted around it. The Plimsoll line was named after Samuel Plimsoll in the Merchant Shipping Act of 1875 and is officially called the International Load line. It indicates the maximum depth a fully loaded ship will sink to.

Posted Image

Many thanks for all your replies, that was my first serious excursion into a city in high heeled boots and as I have said before, it was fantastic. Believe it or not I get more of a reaction when I am wearing what are obviously ladies style plimsolls out shopping, ie the Dunlop Pink Flash or Pink Flash Platform, more people look and some obviously stare yet when in my heels not a second glance!! Anyway, I am not preturbed because my family accept me wearing the pink plimsolls but not the high heels out, hmmmmmmm. In response to the thigh boots and getting them on, the assistant showed me how to roll the leg right down to the ankle, like a pair of tights she said, by the way, I had tights on beneath my jeans so she saw them as well, then slip the foot in, once the foot was in then roll the boot up. These boots had very pointed toes and unfortunatley I just could not get my foot in fully. She put that down to the pointed toe but gave me her name, shop details and tel no before I left as she was going to order me a pair, to ring before I went to ensure she was working to try them on. Now thats one helpful lady. Has I said I tried them on in the shop quite openly and it felt fantastic. I now know that most of the problems we worry about are just not there, basically, people these days leave it to you and you alone. I am certainly far more confidant and will be shopping again in heels on the 1st January and for the meet in Leeds on the 31st. The question is, what heels to wear?

• 2 weeks later...