Wore my J Lo boots today

Terry

I wore these boots today.

Posted Image

You can see more pics at:

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=74040&highlight=#74040

A lot more people noticed these...although I have worn high heels, block and stiletto, they were always black. For example:

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?p=65325&highlight=#65325

A lot of people looked down, and then back up (to make sure it really was a guy, maybe).

Usually I get a few smiles, a few giggles, but not this time. I wore them, as in the photo, with enough showing to give it a work boot look.

Posted Image

A lot more people noticed these...although I have worn high heels, block and stiletto, they were always black. For example:

A lot of people looked down, and then back up (to make sure it really was a guy, maybe).

Usually I get a few smiles, a few giggles, but not this time. I wore them, as in the photo, with enough showing to give it a work boot look.

Hi Terry,

I'm proud to send the first congratulations :o Obviously you aren't crazy :)

nice greetings

micha

post scriptum: Please, tell us more about your today experience on JLO-boots :oops:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Terry: Those boots look great on you and it's terrific that you wore them out today. In your earlier posting, you were worried about whether you would ever wear them out, but I glad to hear that you did. Great job, Bob

Terry:-) Allow me to also add my congrats to you on being able to wear your J-Lo's outside in public. At first, you weren't sure you would do this, but it seems that you won the battle with yourself and finally wore them out in public. That's great. Keep us all posted on your progress. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yes, I was a bit nervous about wearing them. It was a bit of a step (pun intended) for me to wear them. Black shoes, even stilettos, don't seem to be as noticeable. The colour made them more obvious. Even with more people looking at them, there were no rude stares or comments. People just glanced at them and went on their way. Maybe the style, work boots, i.e. masculine, had something to do with it. I wore them with the black jeans in the pic, and as it was a bit cold, a black leather jacket. I wore them in a fairly busy section of downtown during the afternoon for about an hour or so.

Terry, Glad to hear your venture out in the J-Lo boots went well. Once again, I think they look great. The color does make them stand out a bit and I like it. Since you posted your pictures of these I have been searching for a pair for myself. No luck so far. I have found plenty in small sizes but none in a womens US 12-13. If you know of any pass the info along please. Jim

Terry,

Glad to hear your venture out in the J-Lo boots went well. Once again, I think they look great. The color does make them stand out a bit and I like it. Since you posted your pictures of these I have been searching for a pair for myself. No luck so far. I have found plenty in small sizes but none in a womens US 12-13. If you know of any pass the info along please.

Jim

Hi Jim,

sorry, disappointing you :o

I like this style and have searched in the whole world. The biggest size I ever found was US 11 or EU 42. In course of time I've conquered three models from Ebay: The same style as Terry's boots (too narrow for daily wearing), a nice pair of pink Converse-Chucks with 4.5'' stilettos in US 11 / EU 42.5 from Anne Michelle (absolutely Ok, if there wasn't the pinching seam at the right boot) and similar beige canvas chucks from Anne Michelle in US 10. That should be EU 41, much too small for me. But exactly this model is fitting quite well :oops:

Don't ask me why - my normal foot size is US 13! I've just posted two pics of these boots. I believe, that the manufacturers don't consider JLO-boots as "working boot style" like Terry. Instead as stylish girlie boots - female domain, only for mere skin and bone girlies but nothing for elder ladies or even guys :D I cannot find another explanation why US 11 is the upper limit. Pointy boots with stiletto heels in my size aren't really a problem. May be that I have to pay more money than women :x

BTW: I'm fascinated from your Avatar! These boots would harmonize perfectly with my right upper arm :)

nice greetings

micha

Posted Image

I wish I knew where you were. I was in Toronto today....in my 1 3/4" boots that I've been tentative about wearing out. Even wore them to two interviews. So I guess the ice is broken.

Good to hear you wore them. They are nice looking boots. Congrats! :-)

Where about in Toronto were you? Church and Wellsley I think would be a fairly safe place to wear them.

micha, Thanks for the information. I'll keep looking but with big feet it's tough.. I do find sizes vary quite a bit and the boots in my Avatar are Womens US 13 and are a bit snug. I figure its because they are very pointed. I do enjoy them but I haven't been out much wearing them in public yet. Maybe later this week. Some shoes/boots I can wear a US12 medium and they fit great.. Jim

Wow!!! If you look as good in real life as the picture you posted, you should be able to wear those boots anywhere because you are dressed to carry it off. You shouldn't receive anything but complements when dressed like that. My J-Lo boots have 4½" heels and I usually wear them with long jeans, also. So far, I've worn them to the mall Christmas shopping and not had any adverse comments or reaction. One young lady that espyed them while I was sitting at a table at the food court, commented that she really liked them and was going to try to find a pair for herself while she was shopping.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) That was a very accepting comment you received from that lady at the food court. It didn't matter to her that you were a guy wearing those J Lo's. She thought they looked nice enough on you for her to go buy a pair for herself. That's great. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I forgot to mention, a lot more guys noticed this time. Which is good; maybe it will give ideas to some to wear something a little different. HeelsRus -- that's exactly the area I wore them in. On Yonge Street for a while, then Wellesley and down Church. (For others: Yonge is a busy downtown street and Church has a lot of gay people. So both areas are not suprised to see alternative dress.) I do go other more consevative places, i.e. Eaton Centre, Sherway Gardens (both large shopping malls) wearing, for example, 4 inch blade heel boots. One of these days I will take a pic of the boots I wore to Sherway. They had a one inch platform and a five inch block heel about an inch wide. Those got a lot of stares.

micha,

Thanks for the information. I'll keep looking but with big feet it's tough..

I do find sizes vary quite a bit and the boots in my Avatar are Womens US 13 and are a bit snug. I figure its because they are very pointed. I do enjoy them but I haven't been out much wearing them in public yet. Maybe later this week. Some shoes/boots I can wear a US12 medium and they fit great..

Jim

Hi Jim,

what's your opinion about this ebay offer?

http://mein-korsett.org/pattyt.jpg

imported from America. EU 44 (US12 or 13 ?!). The price is 99 Euros rsp. 130 USD. Too expensive?

micha

On a somewhat similar note, at least in shape(!) from PayLess (the black/silver goes up to size 12, the pink/silver only up to 11, unfortunately. :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Okay...one last post. An update. I wore the boots again this afternoon to a large shopping mall (Yorkdale). Again a lot of people noticing. Some seemed quite curious rather than shocked or surprised. A pair of black girls in their 20s seemed to find it rather amusing. I wonder if it's a cultural thing. Maybe it is generalizing, but are men in their culture supposed to be real macho? It looks like they always portray themselves in the music videos that way. On the other hand, an oriental girl, also in her 20s, couldn't keep her eyes off me. She watched me all the time I walked by where she was sitting. A lot of oriental guys dress or look a bit feminine, and that seems acceptable in their culture.

The boots were very popular in the black community in late 2002 through most of 2003. They were probably in awe of the fact that a guy would consider wearing them also Seeing as though inner-city New Orleans is majority African-American I'd almost expect a similar reaction... the saleslady at the Payless where I made my last purchase was black and she didn't seem fazed by the fact that a fairskinned Creole male was buying women's shoes

Good for you wear them with pride. I know I do. My Jlow boots are bakersshoes knokoffs and I can wear them when I am with my family wich is not realy accepted but tolerated. I also wear them out un public and have not received any negative comments OTH I have gotten some positive comments and that swelled my confidence tremendously.

77r90dL lf