Joy to the stiletto heel! Depending on ones point of view.

hoverfly

When the fall/ winter season came upon us, so did wearing fashion boots. This year akatexasbumpkin (Tex) and I have gone about our Christmas shopping, (All right, we did a bit of shoe shopping for us as well) we encountered many people wearing stiletto high heel boots. For those who entertained us walking in these heels many showed the awkward inexperience or the elegant experience of the wearer. Most were wearing heels between 3.5" and 4". But we also came across a pair of 4.5" boots and a pair 5.5" sandals. So I decided that I am going to share some of our shopping experience observing others in high heels. Tex and I were shopping at a Wal-Mart (yeah would you believe it, a Wal-Mart!!??) I my self could not believe seeing some walking like a pro wearing heel sandals 5.5" maybe 6" high!! I could not believe it!! However she was an exception, this women had fashion model written all over her, tall (with out heels) very skinny, hair pulled back, and face painted like you have never seen the sun before. She was wearing cloths that no sensible person would wear in a New England December. What a treat for me it was and what a shame to not have a camera on me. I tried to bring Tex’s attention to her, however she was not or would not focused on her and pointed out why. Twenty feet in front of us was a women wearing an outfit that had the 1980's written all over, but she looked very....Uh (ok from a male point of view) sexy. She was wearing a black tight fitting long sleeve shirt tracing every curve of her torso that stopped at her hips and had a deep neck line. The pants were of the spandex stirrup type tracing out every curve from the hips down. But what amused us was the fact that she was wearing a pair of black leather stiletto ankle boots with a 4.5" heel that had a leather knot tied on the side of them and that she was leaning on the back of the shopping cart walking down with her boyfriend/husband in tow watching from behind!! Not only that, she was actually not doing very well walking in them. Besides leaning on the shopping cart it was obvious that her feet were killing her as she was wobbling down the isle, when they stopped she was constantly shifting her weight by standing on one foot, then switching to the other and rocking her heels side to side all with in a short period of time. Both Tex and I had grins on our faces knowing that chances are as soon she got home she would be throwing those boots at her male companion!!! What a shame!!! Our next tale….. For over a full day of walking around in two shopping malls, Tex wore flats (nuff said about that) I was wearing my Connie’s with a 4” chunky heel and man did my feet burn during the last few hours at the end of the day!! No bad pain, just the discomfort of very tired feet, but I was not the only one with tired feet. Tex and I were heading up an escalator heading out of a Filenes at a shopping mall when I looked back to see if any one was behind us. I do this to see what kind of reactions people have to my heels, especially when going up and down stairs that make any one with a descant heel height more or less obvious for all to see. Any way between five and eight steps back down of the escalator there was only one person. A young women in her 20’s, with her right hand on the railing, and from the looks at that time she did not notice my heels or was interested in what was going on around her. As we got to the top of the escalator Tex and I got a little confused on where was the exit to our car. After less than a half dozen steps in the wrong direction we stopped. For a few seconds we figured out where we were and reversed our direction heading around the back side of the escalator where was the exit we came through earlier during the day. Right after we turned around the young women got off the escalator and started heading in the same direction as we were right in front of us. As I was looking her over I noticed more detail about her. She had medium length blonde hair tided behind her head, wearing a light colored long sleeve turtleneck, a black vest, and black slacks. But there was something funky going on with her foot wear!! Then I realized that this poor women was in far worse dire straits than I was in my Connie’s!! Then it downed on me that on the escalator when I look back and saw her that she had the look that if she was in total concentration in getting her self to her home!! The poor thing was limping to the parking lot in a pair of pointed 3.5” stiletto black ankle boots. She was not walking on the heel of her left boot, her ankle must halved been to tried to support her on the stiletto and all she could do was walk on the inside of her boot with the heel pointing out parallel to the floor!! Her right boot was however doing better but not by much. It was badly wobbling side to side with every step she took, her ankle looked like it was threatening to give out on her as well. To my amassment under the circumstances she was holding a decent composer in trying not attract attention to her self, I pointed this out to Tex and took notice. Then I asked her did I look like that. I was walking with tired feet and admitted that my feet were burning. Well one point for chunky heels, Tex said no. For those who never wore stiletto heels get the ankles strengthened before you go out to any long shopping sprees and maybe bring a pair of sneakers with you!! Any way as we headed out to our car the limping blonde made it to her SUV just a bit farther down from our car. Now I was driving so when I start a car up after it has been sitting around for a while, I let it warm up for a minute when it’s warm out. But in this case it was cold and dark out so I let it run for few more minutes just enough to build up oil pressure. As we were waiting I was flexing my tired feet with great relief in my boots and I looked out seeing that the blonde had not left yet. Something told me that she had taken her boots off and was more interested in her soothing her aching feet than heading right out the parking lot!!

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Congratulations Hoverfly - a magnificent report - very sexy! The last section of your report account (the girl with the heels parallel with the floor) is very similar to one which I quoted on "High Heel Sightings" on 22 May 2003. Here is a cut-and-paste copy of that report: "Also another girl describes seeing a woman emerging from Charing Cross Station, London, struggling to walk in beige ankle boots with 5" heels that were much too high for her. She had tilted her ankles inwards so far that the heels were nearer to being horizontal than vertical! The writer says she was momentarily horrified to see how distorted those boots had become, but her boyfriend said with a blush that it was the sexiest thing he had seen for ages. Some sighters have all the luck!" Happy Christmas to you and Tex! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Nice field report:) The closest I can come to such a set of events was this passed weekend. I was at a concert that was a bit long. I had the rare priviledge of going backstage. (kinda snuck in and made myself at home) There were three performers that had a look of great discomfort on their faces. I personally knew one of them. Two of them kept ranting and raving about how horrible heels were and how uncomfortable they were. One of them walked as if she had reached the age of 120, although she was not even 25. at ever opportunity she had, she'd sit and slip off her shoes and made a serious grimace. At one point she said she hated the man that made these shoes. the last I saw of her, she was pleading with her boyfriend to carry her to the car and he wanted nothing to do with it. he said he was tired and he didn't ask her to wear those heels in the first place. overall it was a great concert, but it was even better to be backstage. i got a chance to talk with the other musicians there and share a few notes. the perk was to see the staging area. all those heels waiting to be worn! RPM