Who notices your heels

chip7X

On 2002-04-23 12:10, Anonymous wrote:

I get stares for both men and women. However, I notice that majority of guys are quite shy to look at my shoes and instead they steal occasional glances. When I turn my head and face them, they quickly turn their head away and look in another direction. It is the women that stare hard and also their facial expressions tell me their reaction about my shoes.

This post is from me... :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nata on 2002-04-23 12:12 ]</font>

Cheers,

Nata

The ladies look most at mine (I'm a guy BTW, for those that don't know). The men hardly look at all. The reaction of the men is indifference or it can be negative. The reaction from women is nearly always positive if somewhat one of suprise at times too. _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-04-23 14:37 ]</font>

In my experience it is always the ladies who stare and then I usually get the annoying comment of "my god how do you walk in those" I just want to scream "how do you think!!!!!!" Perhaps I should put this bit under the rant section :smile: jo-jo xx

Don't ask me how I walk in them just try a pair

As usual, I don't notice people looking much. But I would say it is a fair mix between men and women. Five inch stiletto heels have to be an oddity in a cowboy town, so I am sure people are looking. Drag Queens in normal clothes seem to notice. :smile: But I cannot count them, because they just like the shoes, and not really the fact that I am wearing them in public. What a life I lead.

I can imagine that most of the stares are from women. On average there are just a lot more woman interested in shoes. Ever counted the number of men shoe stores in a mall and compared to the number of women's show stores. I for one, never fail to notice a women's shoes. It gets to the point where I get to recognize all the common new models and can even spot when women wear a shoe that I have seen on another women before. When I occasionally venture out in heels, 80% of the looks are from women. (I am a guy).

I agree with most reactions. Both men and women look the same, especially when you wear really high heels. When i'm going out to party on 5 inch heels, there are not that many other girls with such heels, so it's normal that it gets noticed. But it's indeed the woman who stare for longer periods and show immediately what they think about the heels. All i see from men are quick glances, often a lot of short quick glances, and i only see them get excited by them :smile:

Another thing that I notice is this. There were a few occasions where my heel got stuck on the iron grills found at pavement drains or man-holes. The guys are very willing to help but not the girls. Strange though.

Cheers,

Nata

On 2002-04-29 20:12, Nata wrote:

Another thing that I notice is this. There were a few occasions where my heel got stuck on the iron grills found at pavement drains or man-holes. The guys are very willing to help but not the girls. Strange though.

That's easy to understand, Nata. The jealous women who cannot wear heels are thinking "Ha! She deserves it for wearing those shoes!"

Jealousy prevents them from being civil. It is worse when the men rush to help you, as the female jealousy increases!

Well... looks like I have to be bitchy too. That is a sad fact, Laurie. Many times, I can hear their bitchy remarks about my footwear and guess what... I think that is because they can't accept the fact that I can handle heels very well. Probably they can't :smile:

Cheers,

Nata

• 1 month later...

I get alot of looks from men, especially when I am wearing short skirts. Some guys stop and openly stare (which I admit, makes me want to swagger my hips even more when I walk - aren't I bad??!!) and the women either look in admiration or dislike... and some just can't stand the fact that I'm in my mid thirties and can still cause their guys to look ;P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just like with Firefox, it's the women who notice me when I'm in heels while men don't even bother to glance, and that includes the very few men at the office where I work. I've had women walk up to me on the street who don't know me from Adam and compliment me on how nice my shoes are, and admire me for both the courage it takes for me as a man to wear high heels in public, and the ability I show to walk in them as easily as any woman. And I never grow tired of getting praise like that! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 year later...

Actually both genders notice . . . and usually have many questions, as you can imagine.

Or if it's a man wearing them, some pretty funny looks from them. :( Then you crack the heel on the floor in front of them and after that pause for a few seconds, watch them shy away or really focus on them. Then say, hypnotic aren’t they? :(

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I know I always look but its not always easy to see who's looking at you. I went to dinner last night and the hostess said "I just love the smell of your leather" (I was wearing black leather pants and matching jacket) but didn't comment on my heels. Later I saw her looking down and smiling very happy - so maybe she felt it would be too forward to say more.