Shoes you don't dare to wear "outside"

manus

if i weren't already about 6'5" i'd chance it! :) and i've only recently considered wearing women's shoes in public, so i need to start off with a meager confidence shot before stepping into something so high

Danielle:-) Welcome to the Forum. Start your street-heeling with a boot with a closed toe and a lower heel. You can always raise the stakes and the heel height later when you have gained confidence. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

heelsRus,

I'll bet you will be fine. I have on 4" block heeled boots on here today at work and unfortunatly my work pants don't cover the heel at all.

I haven't had any coments at all, not even much of a glance. The owner of the business did give them a look and thought longer pants would be better otherwise thought they were just fine...

Good luck, you'll be allright...Jim

Things worked out fine. No comments or anything. Didn't really expect any because after all they are < 2". But I think I caught a few glances. I also wore them out shopping last night. Wearing them more and more. Had to go with regular length pants though. Covers a bit of the heel but not much. These boots are also louder than I thought they'd be. Ah well.

Bright red boots are not generally appealing to me, but then neither is black, particularly. I buy, and wear, whatever I can find in my size (12), mostly from PayLess. I have, and currently quite often wear, a pair of mid-calf boots in "natural" with a narrow, "almost spike" heel, about 4" high at the back, frequently even to my part-time college custodial job, 0400-0800 in the morning. I can take about 2 hours in them, after which I have to switch to something lower. No objections from my supervisor (I doubt he even notices), or my Japanese female co-worker, or from the occasional professors or students that I run into. They don't cut down my efficiency of emptying garbage cans or vacuuming, and may even enhance my ability to clean windows! The point of all this is, though, that I don't feel limiited to black--unless that is all that is available--and neither should anyone else. I also recently purchased a pair of brown real leather ankle boots, and have owned boots in peanut brittle, navy denim, and a rather bright orangish deerhide suede, ratehr reminiscent of the original J-Lo Boot color. If I had my druthers, I would be owning and wearing knee boots in rust, kelly green, bright blue, and purple suede, but alas, such is not to be, unless I acquire a fortune for getting them custom made, which isn't likely.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

HeelsRus:-)

When you start to wear heels out in public for the first time, the sound of your heel-tips seems deafening to your ears. You notice it more than others do. Cheers---

Dawn HH

That's good to hear (or not to hear :-) ). The more I wear the lower heeled boots the more comfortable I am with it. Eventually,....

Danielle, Those lace up stilletos are absolutely beutiful, if only i could find them in a size 12, i would wear them openly and proudly. Good Choice!

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

WOW!!!! THERE ARE SO MANY COOL SHOES AND BOOTS ON THIS THREAD, MANUS, I WOULD BE PROUD TO WEAR THOSE RED BOOTS OUTSIDE BUT I WOULD BE WEARING JEANS, NOT A SKIRT, BUT WOULD STILL WEAR THEM.. LOVEHEEL, THOSE PURPLE STILETTO BOOTS ROCK MY WORLD, I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN KNOWING WHERE YOU GOT THEM AND IF THEY CARRY THEM IN WOMENS SIZE 13. PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR, AND I WOULD PROUDLY WEAR THOE BOOTS OUT.. DANIELLE, I AM 6'4" TALL AND INSIST ON WEARING HEELS NO SHORTER THAN 4", GET USED TO THE LOWER HEELS FIRST, THEN WORK YOUR WAY UP. THE FEELING IS AWESOME TO SAY THE LEAST...BALLETBOOT2000, THOSE BOOTS ROCK,I BELIEVE YOU THAT THEY ARE STABLE, BUT A LITTLE TOO MUCH PLATFORM FOR MY TASTE, YOU GO!!!!

High heels forever, ward

Danielle,

Those lace up stilletos are absolutely beutiful, if only i could find them in a size 12, i would wear them openly and proudly. Good Choice!

I'm sure you could find them rather easily in a 12, as I found them in a 13

in fact I've even done the work myself

http://007stilettoshoes.safeshopper.com/14/4448.htm?497

DANIELLE, I AM 6'4" TALL AND INSIST ON WEARING HEELS NO SHORTER THAN 4", GET USED TO THE LOWER HEELS FIRST, THEN WORK YOUR WAY UP. THE FEELING IS AWESOME TO SAY THE LEAST

I'm not as crazy about the heel height as I am the style. Something in a functional 3" heel is better to me than something I couldn't wear in say, 5½ inches.

Those might be "easy enough to walk in," but I would imagin if you wore them to the mall you would'nt be able to wear them for the entire trip. I bet you'd have change into something more accommodating (easier to wear) just to get back to the parking lot. :) I do wish you well, though.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 4 weeks later...

Manus I think your Red Boots are very nice and you should wear them in public. I have a similar pair but with a Full 5" Heel and red patent leather and I wear them anywhere I please. Feel free to wear your Heels anytime and anywhere you want to and take the first step out in public in your beautiful boots and you'll be glad you did.

They really are. I can only get em to wrap once :x but I like how they feel. I've found that with a small amount of practice and the right lacing "direction," they're really easy to balance. It's important to do as the model did and not cross over the vamp of your foot. It doesn't hurt the Achilles tendon as one would think :)

As much :) as I'd love to, I have a pair of 6.5" black patent sandals that I absolutely cannot walk in inside, let alone outside. And I would love to wear my 6" plats outdoors, but darn this uptight society that says men can't wear women's shoes. I say if you love wearing something, then do it, no matter what anyone says

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

Don't be afraid to tie them a little tight. These aren't tennis shoes that have lots of support all around the foot, take away the lacing and your foot support past the toes is GONE. Point your toes when you begin to tie them. Relax them before the last step of making a knot. I've found that this allows me to get a better knot also. If the straps become too much of a hassle (as they almost did for me), just cut em off :)