Selecting the right shoe and/or boot

bootlover1935

As an intense admirer of women's shoes and boots my entire adult life, I follow these guidelines when purchasing new shoes or boots to add to my collection. 1. They must be made of black leather. No patent leather, suede, plastic, or any man-made materials. Kidskin leather is preferred. 2. Shoes must be closed toe. No open toe, mules, slingbacks, or platforms. Shoes showing toe cleavage are sexy. 3. All heel heights are permissible. However, four to five inch stilettos are preferred. 4. Metal stiletto heels are preferred. The sound made by stiletto heels clicking on a hard surface is sexually thrilling. 5. Shoes and/or boots may be tried on in the shoe salon. 5. All boot heights are permissible. This includes ankle length, knee high, over the knee, and chap boots. They may be pull-on, lace up, or zippered up. 6. In both shoes and boots, sharply pointed toes are sexier than rounded or square. 7. Shoes may have straps over the top of the foot or around the ankle. Ankle straps with padlocks are extremely sexy. 8. Silver studs on shoes, heels, or boots increases their attraction.

I'm with you on a few of those, here's my version: 1. All colours are permissible, but I'll probably end up with black! Leather or suede is a must, with the exception of certain fabrics. ie a pair of satin boots I saw once. (didn't fit!) I do have one or two pairs of man-made shoes, but don't buy them any more. 2. Toes can be open or closed, but as I mainly wear boots they're usually closed by default. I'm happy with open toes, slingbacks and sandals if I like the shoe. I don't dislike platforms, but prefer them without. 3. All heel heights are OK, but 4" or 4.5" is most desirable. I only have one pair of 3" heels, all the rest are 4" or higher. Slim heels are preferred, but chunky ones are OK too as long as they balance nicely with the toe and don't look too clunky. 4. Plastic heel tips will be replaced with metal once they start to show signs of wear. 5. I've only tried on a pair of boots in a store once, but it was so easy I will do in future. Fortunately a standard ladies' uk8 fits me nicely, so it's usually safe for me to try them on at home if needs be. 6. All boot heights are permissable, but knee high is preferred. I've never tried chap boots, but personally don't like the way they look. 7. Pointed toes are preferred and are sexier. However with a chunkier heel I think a round toe looks better. Square toes are bottom of the list! 8. Straps are a bonus, but ankle straps must sit below the ankle joint for comfort. Velcro straps are to be avoided in favour of buckles. Although I have been locked into heels, and enjoyed it, I don't own a pair purposely designed to be lockable. 9. Metal work in general can increase the attraction, I particularly like chrome heels. Studs etc. can look tarty, but sometimes that's part of the fun! Chris

Here are my guidelines. Since I'm not into boots, this applies to shoes only. Any color as long as it's black, no patent leather. Minimum heel height - 4 inches, with 5 inches preferred. Stiletto heels only - no platforms! No open toes or slingbacks, just a basic black pump. Black sole preferred, but in the case of Pleasers, exceptions are permitted.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

my guidlines are to buy which ever pair of shoe I like when I see them. My wife, using the same guidlines, buys me shoes that she thinks I will like. However, our tastes are completely different and I wind up retunring most of the shoes she buys for me. LOL

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Here are my guidelines. Since I'm not into boots, this applies to shoes only.

Any color as long as it's black, no patent leather.

Minimum heel height - 4 inches, with 5 inches preferred. Stiletto heels only

No open toes or slingbacks, just a basic black pump.

Black sole preferred, but in the case of Pleasers, exceptions are permitted.

I couldn't agree with you more. Your basic black pump with a five inch metal stiletto heel is about the sexiest thing I can think of. High heels denote power and authority. They deserve to be venerated.

I prefer black or dark. But you can always alter the colour. Prefer boot or closed toe style. Prefer ankle boots. Prefer about 4 inch heel, but anywhere from 3-5" could look right. No platform or up to 3/4" micro platform well integrated into styling. Prefer thick blade or western style heels but will consider anything. I don't buy shoes I wouldn't wear outside.

I prefer black. I prefer mid-calf, knee-high, over-the-knee, and thigh-high boots. Might try crotch-high boots if they can be found with a chunky heel. All heels must be between 3" and 4" in height. A platform of 1/2" to 3/4" will be considered if it blends with and increases the stylish looks of the shoe or boot. Otherwise, platforms are completely ignored. Various heel styles will be used as long as the heel tip area is broad enough for stable, confident walking. Stilettos are not serviceable enough for me anymore. All heeled shoes and boots must be 100% comfortable, stylish looking, attractive on my feet and legs, and will be used outdoors as they were intended to as manufactured, and must be able to be used successfully in service for long extended hours of constant use. If crossdressing, the above rules can be, and probably will be, bent a bit to fit the current situation. Hey, if women can change their mind on the spur of the moment, Dawn reserves that right for herself also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!