Keeping Shoes In Great Shape

JeffB

I might be in the minority here, but I'm rather fanatical about keeping my shoes in the best possible condition. Case in point, I keep them all in the boxes they come in, wrapped in plastic bags, polish them when necessary, I even air them all out at home once a week. If you're going to wear women's shoes in public, then it's important that you keep them looking their best so you'll look your best in them. Opinions, people? :)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

While I like to keep my shoes clean and polished, I am not quite that fastidious about them. Besides, I've over 100 pair - many kept in a storage box in the bedroom closet and, as it is, they occupy way too much space. I'd have to build another closet if I were to store them in their boxes. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

shoe boxes take up to much room, and cause i only have the one room mine are out of there boxes as soon as i get them, i just store them in one larger box or under the bed or in the cupboard and wotever is currently out are, well, just on the floor or on my feet of course. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

I'm like that too. I like to keep all my shoes in their boxes nicely put away. And it ticks me off real bad when I ruin a pair. Like one time I was walking down the street late one moarning in these

Posted Image

and I took an awkarad step and all the straps on the right shoe broke! I was very upset. So now I'm kind of uptight about keeping my shoes in good condition.

It's all good. ~Arron.

Wow! I would have thought the straps would be stronger than that, though they look pretty small in some areas. You must have put your weight on them. That would be pretty awkward to walk in one shoe. Rough business if the ground was cold and you had to go barefoot :)

I polish my former "avatars at least once a day because they are black Patent/PVC!! Although the next pair maybe white or red "patent"! :oops::D

snapping all the straps on one heel that would be upsetting to say the least! :o

I can walk on one 6" plat easy! bit not for long, otherwise I tend to hop on my bare foot :)

I only have one pair of heels.... not for long though! <insert evil laugh here>

apart from the ones I have planned in my "TXT-1's Birthday" thread I also planning a pair of Tony Shoes' "Hot-5" 6" (platformless) sandals although they depend on two things, weather I can walk in them, and COST!

mainly cost!

http://www.tonyshoesinc.com/V13-Shoes/Pumps/hot-5.htm

later,

TXT-1

good points jeffb.

Well, it's a simple philosophy. Take great care of your shoes and you'll look great in them!

:)

Wow! I would have thought the straps would be stronger than that, though they look pretty small in some areas. You must have put your weight on them. That would be pretty awkward to walk in one shoe. Rough business if the ground was cold and you had to go barefoot

Yeah I thought those straps would be stronger too, but I guess not. The straps for the metal rings in them where kind of weak. But luckly I wasn't too far from home. I just had to walk a block barefooted.

It's all good. ~Arron.

Opinions, people? :)

Certainly! :-)

Personally, I don't go to great lengths to keep my shoes in the greatest of shape, for a couple of reasons. Ever since I came to terms with wearing high heels (only very recently -- used to only want to watch, but am now actively participating. :-) ), my taste has been evolving and changing very rapidly. What I think is cute, and what I'm comfortable wearing in public has been changing from week to week. Additionally, since this is still a somewhat new sensation for me, I've been buying new shoes at a fairly rapid pace -- at least one or two pairs a week. As I'm a starving college student (graduate on the 10th of Dec! Hooray for me!), I don't have too much money to fling around on shoes, thusly I don't spend very much on them. All in all, I think thats what it boils down to. The shoes that I buy rarely cost more than $20-$25, and by the time they get a little bit dirty, I don't care for the style anymore.

Maybe when I graduate, I'll buy myself a pair worthy of keeping bright and shiny! :-)

-Nate

Yes, I like to keep my heels clean. Even though I don't really wear the pointy heeled types, I like to keep my platform flip flops as clean as possible. If my ff are dirty, then my feet will be dirty when I wear them. I don't like the sight of dirty feet and soles, and I'm sure others would appreciate it if my feet are clean as well. You can compare them to having dirty pants. If you walk around in dirty pants, people think you're lazy and unhygenic.

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?

I keep the heels that I am currently wearing in a large plastic storage box, but beware of plastic containers and plastic bags as they encourage condensation and mould especially if the shoes are real leather. I clean my shoes which are mostly manmade materials with furniture polish. If you have high heel court shoes or pumps it's a good idea to get some shoe trees to fit inside the shoes when you store them to keep their shape.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I've heard of using Windex to polish PVC shoes but this is the first time I've heard of furniture polish. :)

Furniture polish??? That's certainly one for the books! It's amazing the things one can learn here! :rofl:

JeffB:-) I'm with you. I like to keep my heeled shoes and heeled boots in their best cleaned and polished state. I don't have the space for them to be kept in their original boxes. Even though I use them daily, I take pride in their comfort, looks and appearance on my feet. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Heh! Now I'm really curious about that furniture polish tip. I might have to try that myself and see what happens! Should be fun!

I try and keep all my shoes and boots in the best condition possible. As I wear them indoors mostly they don't really get dirty, but the leather ones still get polished regularly. I'm not a huge fan of patent, but love polished leather so I aim to get a bit of a shine on them. Mine are stored in a cupboard where they're safe from dust and marauding doggies. I'd like to keep the original boxes, a couple of pairs have been beautifully packaged, but they take up too much room. I really need to have a bit of a cull actually, I'm sure that I could live without a couple of the pairs I don't wear often. Chris

Chris100575:-) We all need to cull our collection from time to time. I just recently culled all of the stiletto heels that I can't walk in anymore, and now I'm building my collection back up with chunky heels that I can balance better. This takes time. I have spent the better part of a year doing this. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Chris100575:-)

We all need to cull our collection from time to time. I just recently culled all of the stiletto heels that I can't walk in anymore, and now I'm building my collection back up with chunky heels that I can balance better. This takes time. I have spent the better part of a year doing this. Cheers---

Dawn HH

I've also done that, getting rid of anything under three inches which feels like flats to me. The bulk of my collection today are four inchers, and I would imagine that in time, I'll have nothing but four inchers in my collection!

It is important to air your shoes/boots out after each wearing. They will last longer. Clean salt residues off them as soon as possible - people in the north country will know what I am talking about. Do not wear them two days in row. Have several pairs to rotate. The latter suggestion should be little problem for many of the posters here. If not, this is good reason to buy additional heels!

classic style high heel boots

It is important to air your shoes/boots out after each wearing. They will last longer.

Clean salt residues off them as soon as possible - people in the north country will know what I am talking about.

Do not wear them two days in row. Have several pairs to rotate. The latter suggestion should be little problem for many of the posters here. If not, this is good reason to buy additional heels!

Sound advice indeed, dressboots! Especially the part about not wearing the same shoes two days in row! Talk about a serious fashion faux pas! UGH!!!

:rofl:

Dressboots:-) JeffB:-) After wearing a pair of shoes or boots, (especially boots), I let them stand out for 24 Hours before I put them away. I NEVER wear the same pair of shoes or boots 2 days in a row. As JeffB says, that would be a fashion no-no. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 1 month later...

A funny little story. Yesterday as I was getting ready to go home from the office, a co-worker saw me putting my pumps into the plastic bags they shipped from Sexy Shoes in (I wear sneakers to and from work), she was amazed, saying she never saw anyone putting shoes into plastic bags before and asked why. I told her that I do that with all my shoes to keep them from getting scratched up while in transit in my backpack. After I went on to say that I keep my shoes in their original boxes, other co-workers chimed in, saying they don't treat their shoes anywhere near as nice as I do mine. One keeps them on a shoe rack, another shrugged and just puts hers in the closet. I found the conversation fascinating, and I was slightly surprised that some women have such a cavalier attitude about caring for their shoes. I thought only been were so dismissive about shoes. I guess that works both ways, eh?

well, I keep all my boots & shoes & all of my leathers (outerwear, all black) waterproofed & cleaned & very polished all of the time, it sure keeps them looking like new for a very long time!! :P I feel more sexy in polished clean leather :D & that means that I always look & feel my very best over all!! :P

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

Well, it's sure good to know that we take good care of our shoes. It's guess it's all part of the passion we have for wearing heels, and that's certainly a good thing! :P