Modifications

Ok. From a prior post here and from what I have displayed in the forms on our site, you can see that I enjoy trying to find art in high heels. Abstract maybe, but fun yes. For my latest endevour I want the attached image and convert it to greyscale then using a magic wand, copy individual sections of one rose (from the original image) over to a duplicate (the image that has been converted to grey scale) and paste it into place. In the end, the only color would be one rose while the rest of the image is black and white or maybe sepia tone. Before I even start on this (anyone who has tried this knows how time consuming it is) I could use some feedback. First off, is the picture worth the trouble. We are going to be updating our site this weekend and put up some pictures of red shoes and black shoes with the roses so maybe another picture will be more dramatic or worth the effort to modify. Heck, I'm not even sure if I have made any that are worth it to begin with... Am i wasting my time here. Do people even find these appealing at all? My wife likes the one with the lips between the legs, while my favorite is the one called six inch delight. I try to name each one, but hte name for the one with the lips between the legs is unnamed. I just couldn't come up with a name for it.

It's really not as hard as it looks. Using Photoshop, it's a matter of making a duplicate copy of the image and copy/pasting masks from the color image to the modified image. Takes a bit of practice, but it's not to difficult.

Good work. You could acheive the same thing by pasting in a selection from the colour image and then touching up the join with various tools. Is it worth the effort? I would say "yes". It's good to have some unique pictures on your site, but if you don't enjoy image editing then it wouldn't be worth the bother.

I just didn't like the way it was turning out. I just didn't like the pose all that much. I did another on but in a musch easier way. Instead of creating two images, I just used one in this case. I copied theimage itself and then pased itself on top of itself., creating a second layer. With this layer, I used a filter to get the greyscale. Then I simply used an eraser tool to work my way around the roses to remove the top layer.

Here is the original image:

Posted Image

Here is the completed image. This method is WAY faster then the way I was doing it before. If I could kick myself in the ass for doing it that way I would. This way took about five minutes tops.

Posted Image