Up a level...

jim

I purchased a pair of stunning black suede knee boots on Thursday. They have a long point and a straight 4.5" stiletto heel and were made by Cesare Catini in Italy.I was wearing a pair of 4" stacked heel ankle boots when I bought them but really felt the need to wear these for the rest of the outing. I usually wear hh boots out and about, but have not quite had the nerve to do stilettos. I remembered Foon's post on another board about a trip to the supermarket in still's, so feeling encouraged thought, "to hell with it" and changed in to them before leaving the store.(Rossellini's is an upmarket store in Hamilton NZ where I was treated like a king, but then that’s another story). I did receive the odd stare as I went about my business but I loved the feeling those high stiletto boots gave me and thoughly enjoyed the new experience. To not have taken the plunge and worn these boots in public would have(for me at least) been a serious error in jugement.Nobody fussed about them and nobody cared.I should have known better, but stiletto’s in public have been a choking point for me..I'm glad I did it ! My heel wearing has just been moved to the next level...yee ha. jim <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jim on 2002-04-20 01:14 ]</font>

Nice move Jim. There's no doubt stiletto or stiletto type heels attract more attention. That's true if women wear them as well, so nobody should be suprised if they get attention. However, as you've found out, it's pretty benign really. More guys should experiment with thinner heels if they feel it suits their clothes or body shape.

Congrats to you, Jim. You'll find that the majority of people you'll see in your travels are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to notice, or care what a man might be wearing on his feet, even if they're stilettos. As for folks who might stare or do double takes, they're a VERY small minority. The more you wear what you choose to wear, the more comfortable you'll eventually become.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I found that to be so true last week, when I decided to wear my 4" stiletto heel boots to work all week. Either people didn't notice, or liked what they saw. :smile:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!