Favorite cartoon(s)?

Picking up on the idea that Francis had in the rants section, it sounded like a great fun idea! You can go back as far as you like, and list some of your favorite cartoons that you used to watch and/or watch currently. Japanese animation (anime) counts as well!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Dangermouse was brilliant and The Simpsons are a very tough act to follow, but for my money, the best had to Roobarb (and Custard) :smile:

Shaky style cartoon line drawings kept the whole thing alive even if the characters weren't doing anything. Nothing else like it :smile:

Posted Image

Posted ImageQapla'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Francis on 2002-04-18 19:08 ]</font>

Here's a few of mine, ranging from the 70's til today: The Space Sentinels Jason of Star Command Ark II Star Blazers Transformers Macross (Robotech) The Big O

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

My favourites include Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, the Flintstones, Top Cat. Showing my age here I think, but I can still watch them. Laurie mentioned my favourite cartoon featuring a bus - OK here goes: In the Flintstones Fred,Barney,Betty and Wilma were off to the town. They discussed whether to walk or take the bus, and decided to take the bus. The bus arrived, but it's power is a hole in floor for each passenger to walk :smile: and propel the bus along. Brilliant.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

beep beep :smile: I havent seen the Pink Panther lately, but that was also one of my favourites. Comic strips - lets see Fred Bassett Snoopy Dilbert Alex (in the Daily Telegraph every day) Matt - the brilliant cartoonist also in the Daily Telegraph. Calvin and Hobbes (but then I'm probably biased) :smile: Apologies if of these dont mean anything to the international members, but I only see UK newspapers!

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Well, for me there's 'old' and 'new' cartoons. I like Roadrunner, Pink Panther, Tom & Jerry, and Dangermouse. Oh, and Hong Kong Phooey. As for 'new', thanks to Telewest, I've got Cartoon Network, so I'm getting into Dexter's Laboratory, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and some others. As for comic strips: Dilbert and only Dilbert.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 1 month later...

I like Dilbert and Mallard Fillmore comic strips, and Alley Oop, when he was alive. I used to enjoy Tom and Jerry, Top Cat, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and Space Ghost. I've never been much of a fan of the Simpsons, but as with Southpark, both series have had their moments. Got a kick out of this from Laura LeMay's website:

Posted Image</img>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Two words.... AEON FLUX. I love that female assassin, the love dual with Trevor the supporting cast of characters and ubersociety mixed with fetish feel of the short-lived cartoon. I also LOVE REIGN the CONQUEROR by the same creator. Other than that I really like(d) Thundercats as a wee-lad.

Here's a few of mine, ranging from the 70's til today:

The Space Sentinels

Jason of Star Command

Ark II

Star Blazers

Transformers

Macross (Robotech)

The Big O

Another Macross fan :lol:

I wish I was a size 10

My absolute favourite is Beauty and the Beast (Disney) Jungle Book (Disney) Snow White (") Cinderella (") Scooby Road Runner Wacky Races (Mutley excellent :lol: ) Tom and Jerry Pepe le Pew Simpsons (that's a given) Flintstones Pink Panther Top Cat

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

• 5 months later...