Saw a guy wearing high heels today...

Mickey S.

I was in New Orleans a few months ago for work, saw a guy who worked in the local goth type store walking home after his shift in probably 4" chunky heeled boots. I'd have worn heels while on my own time, but the only one's I had with me were 5" boots.. and Bourbon St is not a good place to push your limits on unsteady heels. Oh well, should have gotten the 3" Harley Davidson boots, since I couldnt find a shoe store elsewhere... Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

If you wear grass skirts just keep in mind that people that wear grass skirts shouldn't get anywhere near lawn mowers. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I was in New Orleans a few months ago for work, saw a guy who worked in the local goth type store walking home after his shift in probably 4" chunky heeled boots. I'd have worn heels while on my own time, but the only one's I had with me were 5" boots.. and Bourbon St is not a good place to push your limits on unsteady heels.

Oh well, should have gotten the 3" Harley Davidson boots, since I couldnt find a shoe store elsewhere...

Jim

There's always Frenchmen St., Decatur St., and Canal St. amongst others. Crowds are kinda big but nobody's pushy. It's like people enter some kind of "second self" while on Bourbon

Just go buy a grass skirt honey!!

I wouldn't be able to find nice shoes to match in my size :P

Bubba 136 wrote

If you wear grass skirts just keep in mind that people who wear grass skirts shouldn't get anywhere near lawnmowers

:P (Giggle)

Or matches - or bonfires or BBQ's!! (Tee hee) :D:P

It's like people enter some kind of "second self" while on Bourbon

I think everyone enters a "second self" after drinking that stuff! :drinking: :P

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I was on Frenchmen St. in the French Quarter today - some of the best live music ever is played in the bars that line this street. But that was only the second-best part of the evening. There was a guy wearing a grass skirt and some heels out on the street reveling, his size couldn't have been very high because the shoes were sorta feminine.

I wanted SO BADLY to be in that position...

What kind of grass? Smokable?

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• 11 months later...

Hi folks, Those of you that have been on the board for a while, may remember me. I used to post a lot here, but jus didn't have much time in the last year to post, though I have kept up the heel wearing and wear them out a few times a month. I wear stiletto sandals in summer and block or spike heel boots in winter. I am now for several months in Belgium. The heel scence is not bad here, but a bit conservative. Lots of women taking on the new fashion of wearing the pants in the boots so you get a great view of the boot an dheel, but most heels are of the 2.5 to 3 inch variety. Saw a great pair of steel heels, at least 4.5" in Gent yesterday though. The lady walked with them on cobble stones ! Anyway, that is not why I decided to write. Today I saw a guy in heels in a small city in Belgium. He was in an electronics store browsing for a digital camera and must have been in his mid fifties. He looked like just any regular guy, except that he was wearing boots with about a 2.5 to 3" heel uncovered by the pants. The boots were the type with pieces of different colored leather. The type of heel (slightly curved like a Paris heel) and the style gave away that it was a women's boot. This is only my second sighting of a guy in heels in quite a few years (not counting guys in full fem outfit). It was a cool experience. Because I am on assignment I had to leave most of my shoes in the states, so not much heel wearing for me here.

Hmm, maybe he was looking for a digital camera so that he could post his pictures here. :D

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

We have one guy in my town who wears heels in public with guys clothes - mainly boots - stiletto and cowboy/girl. He's a musician (no surprises there I guess), and straight - however when I last spoke with him he was NOT wearing heels. Apparently he wears them less these days after being beaten up by a gang of drunken teenage "chavs" in hoodies a while back. A plague of ignorance which seems to be blighting the UK more and more sadly.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Saw a few guys in heels but most were transvestites and it was downtown in Pittsburgh in the club and bar area...late night...where there are some great clubs but there are some gay bars and those strange strip bars and that's where I saw them.... other than that....never in the daylight! kinda like a vampire thing around here (?)

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

Saw a few guys in heels but most were transvestites and it was downtown in Pittsburgh in the club and bar area...late night...where there are some great clubs but there are some gay bars and those strange strip bars and that's where I saw them....

other than that....never in the daylight! kinda like a vampire thing around here (?)

Actually, Pittsburgh is exactly the place where I once saw another guy in HH boots. It was in one of the nicer downtown hotels and he was normally dressed. Definitely not drag. I am up to two sightings !

• 4 weeks later...