New Boots/shoes

Lim

After years of just looking at high heels (specially boots) and buying some for my girlfriend (who isn't a great fan of hh's). I finally had enough courage to buy some for myself, after asking my gf who luckely was okay with. The boots

Posted Image

http://www.silhouette.nl/fotoos/volledig/2617-10-6.jpg

arrived today unfortunately they don't fit :-? . Even their largest size (EU 46) doesn't fit. Does anyone have a reliable adrress for buying a similar size 47 EU or even a size 48 EU high heel boot. Because I would really like a pair to wear a pair like the boots in the picture.

I have never heard of an off the shelf size that big. I'd advise you go Made to Measure, or try stretching professionally the pair you have. You'll need to talk to LSB, Jean Gaborit, Leatherworks or similar for new boots. Be prepared to spend $500 or more for custom lasts. And make sure they can supply the boot you want with a heel size in proportion to the boot to maintain the look you want. Photographs, specification, measurements, heel size etc will be essential. Good luck!

lim, I cannot offer any advice for finding large size such as you need but wanted to say you are one lucky guy your girlfriend accepted your wish to purchase and wear high heeled boots. Is she OK with you going out publicly in hh's? My wife is not much of a hh fan either, but is OK with me wearing such - but only around the house.

classic style high heel boots

@firefox

In germany there are some stores which sell eu 47 and 48. Maybe a member here has a good experience with one of them:

A alternative might be:

Posted Image

Available in size 47, and using laces which might be a help with my big calves

or:

Posted Image

http://www.magiclegs.de/pict_d/sb3760s1.jpg

These are even available in size 48. With these I am however worried for my calves.

@dressboots

I don't think she would like to see me walk outside in shoes like these. I don't even know for sure she personally would like to see me walk around in them around the house. But it doesn't seem to bother her I want to buy and wear them.

... In germany there are some stores which sell eu 47 and 48. Maybe a member here has a good experience with one of them...

I think you are talking about these and here is the company's home page. Unfortunately, the pages are in German only. At least I haven't seen any 'English' entrance yet. Anyway, if you want to know something particular about their products please feel free to ask me for a translation.

Although they are rather expensive (I've seen some of the styles a lot cheaper elsewhere in the past but can't actually tell where anymore) they are very reliable and in case the shoes don't fit you can give'em back (unworn, of course!). They actually have to take them back (you got 14 days to decide) because it's law in Germany.

CU!

-Mike

Lim, you might contact Micha. He lives in Germany and wears a large size in boots. Perhaps his experience might be helpful to you.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Lim, you might contact Micha. He lives in Germany and wears a large size in boots. Perhaps his experience might be helpful to you.

Sorry Bubba, happily I have no such big feet. My optimal size ranges between EU 44 and 45 rsp. female US 12 and 13. Adequate for a 6' 4'' guy but too big for buying in normal shoe shops :D

At FUSS I have just counted a dozen of shoes in EU 47. This company is reliable and friendly. I have ordered already twice at FUSS. Here a link

http://www.fuss-schuhe.de

The "bad "german vowels "ä-ö-ü" and the big written version "Ä-Ö-Ü" may appear cryptical to many people in the world. I'm really curious what you are seeing on your screen!? Having found beloved heels in the world wide web, I would even order in Cyrillic (*grin*).

Another interesting web-site is

http://www.italianheels.com. EU 46/47 (US 14/15) is possible for some shoes. Elegant Italian shoes!

German Ebay is always interesting ("Kleidung&Accessoires/Damenschuhe/Stiefel(=boots)/Ab Größe 44"), the biggest offer besides US-Ebay.

I think, that the major problem for Americans is the bad rate of exchange (actually 1 Euro = 1.3 Dollars). Not considering freight and import taxes ... But this shouldn't be a problem for Lim. He is living in the Euro-zone. No import taxes and only slightly higher freight rates.

BTW: my size 11 JLo-Boots (fitting well :D) from the USA were a "gift" and hence without import tax :-? But 14 Euros for the air freight from Texas to Germany :wink:

Hoping to have helped a little bit :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

:-?:D

After emailing the owners of the shop where I bought my boots and getting some positive response from them. I visited their shop on saterday in person. They where very helpful and where able to help me!!

Which is the reason I am now an owner of a pair of high heeled boots which actually do fit. As a matter of fact I am wearing them while typing this. Somehow it feels very naturally to me wearing them. However because this is my first pair of high heeled shoes walking normally in them propably will take some practice.

The boots themselve are a EU size 45 (and the size 46 I had didn't fit, go figure) and have a heel of about 11 cm. The nose of the shoe might could be a bit less in my opinion, nontheless I am very pleased with them.

Posted Image

• 8 months later...

Hi,

Friday my new boots arrived. I bought them in a size 46 (eu) and they fit very will (after a bit of localised stretching). My toes now have a lot more room than they had with the pointy boots I allready had. Allthough I still don't wear them will the GF is arround I still managed to wear them a few hours a day since friday.

And not to be outdone by JeffB I also went driving with them on sunday night. After having driven to my work (takes about 15 min) I got out the car there, walked inside and walked the stairs up 2 floors. Seeing it was sunday the place was deserted of course (a thing I rather counted on :wink: ) I did the stuff I had to do on the computer in my office and left the building again (is there an elegant way to walk downstairs in 12 cm high heels??). After walking to the car i drove home again where I parked the car on the street so I had to walk the last couple of meters to get to my house.

Allthough I still have no desire to be seen wearing high heels (at least not while I am still struggling to walk normal in them) part of the thrill comes from the idea of being caught with them on.

Last but not least a few pictures of me wearing them.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Greetz Lim

Wow! Those are very nice boots, Lim! I'm most impressed! In fact, I wouldn't mind having a pair of those myself if they came in 46 or 47!

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The boots I have are a size 46. I bought the Cindy-L which is esp. made for bigger calves. The only (small) probleem I had is that I have a rather high instep, this is the only area where the boot needed a bit of stretching. The boots left on my wishlist are now: - a pair of ballet boots (I rather like the 2020 style from pleaser) - a pair of boots comparable to my latest addition but with front laces The only probleem I have with ordering the ballet boots is the every size chart is different :wink: . Some shops advice voor my size 46 -> US 14W and other US 15W. Maybe I should first order a pair of pleaser pumps (cost a lot less) to see If I need a size 15 or 14. :lol:

The first pair of boots you show in the first post, i bought at silhouette not to long ago. They are great! They have a metal reinforced heel, and don't go wobbly over time, unlike the cheaper ones they sell.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

@ChantalTV: Although I really liked (and still do as a matter of fact) the style of that boot there was just no way it was going to fit. So there was nothing else to do but send them back.

@dawnhh: The boots I mentioned for street heeling I mentioned in another thread might end up being a little to small around my calves. I need approx. 44 cm (17.3") and they are only 39 (15.3) but then again they are made of strechmaterial so I the verdict is still out on them :wink:.

I also got an email last friday from bananashoes they will be adding the 'seduce 2020' boots to their website 'shortly'. It's almost tuesday now and they are still not added!!! (Are they lazy or I am just being impatient :lol:)

In the mean time I also checked out some other shoes to add to my collection:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Currently the first pair is the most probable

Greetz Lim

What's keeping you from buying them?

Posted Image

I have a similar pair that I have been wearing at the beach with shorts and T-shirts for the past three summers. In fact, they're about worn out

The straps across the top of my foot is black leather. The straps on that pair look like they're some sort of velvet material. You should be able to wear them anywhere you want to without any problem. I do.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks, I will have to look for them at the Jersey Gardens Mall

in Elizabeth, NJ. Also, Lim --- I like those last boots ( I'd wear in

the fall, winter ) .

-----

Steve Madden's are great shoes and last for a while. Very comfy also.

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///