Moderation in Heels

verngentleheels

This is Joe. Wore my Lucita 1 3/4" boots to Laundromat, on SATURDAY. Some people reacted, only by body language and look on their face ( like I had mental problems ). Some saw my shoes, didn't have a problem with it. NO ONE MADE ANY COMMENT TO ME ABOUT MY SHOES. It was "OK" . Probably more a an issue with 2 1/5 or higher ( more noticeable ) boots. ( My "Intrigue" boots ) .

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///

I appreciate you guys who are pushing the envelope. For the most part your experince says that people are not going to go crazy or even notice your choice of fashion in footwear. You do it well. However, when they they have seen you in 4 - 5 inch heels they are less likely to think anything of me in 2 inch heels. It is right along the line of getting society accustomed to a new idea.

classic style high heel boots

Joenj:-) Congrats to you on successfully wearing your boots to the laundromat. The more you wear them outside, the more enjoyment you will receive from wearing them. In most cases the public may look, but not comment at all. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Right then I found a supplier on eBay selling 'work boots' (chunky heeled ankle boots with a small platform) which seemed about right for starting wearing heels outdoors. They have almost 4" heels and don't look too female either. And roughly half a year later the same guy offered knee high platform boots with 0.75" platform and 4.75" heels which I wear nowadays and everywhere.

-Mike

New here. anywaydo ye got a link to the ebay seller you are talking about here?

I am new at this, but I just wanted to say that wahtever you are comfortable in is ok. I just bought my first pair of heels and I never went outside with them, but around the house I love the feel of my 5" stiletto pump's my first ever heel's.

Heelguybo:-) Once you get your first pair of heels broken in and are comfortable using them indoors, try them outdoors. You will find that walking on pavements outside will present a different style of walking over using them indoors on carpets. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Moderation to me is realizing there is a time and place for everything. There is a time for stiletto's with a pointy toe (clubbing and dinner), and time for blade heels with an oblique toe (scurrying about the frenzied streets of New York during the day). There is a time for flat heeled kneehigh boots with an almond toe (when out with my girlfriend who doesn't support public street heeling) and a time for men's sneakers (ewwwww, I know....when mountain biking through city streets). A time for Franco Sarto Bocca loafers at the office and a time for Nine West slippers when climbing out of bed in the morning. Each situation requires tasteful consideration of the circumstance and environmental setting and for me that is the fun part.

This HERE is the look I feel comfortable with presently. The stiletto's can be substituted for blades or flats, but the bootcut jeans and black t-shirt will stay the same. In other words, I am going to wear long boot cut pants/jeans and solid t-shirts no matter what--independent of the type of shoe that I wear. In New York City, dark indigo rinse bootcut jeans and dark shirts are more the norm, so I feel the outfit as a whole is an asset to our cause. In keeping with JeffB, Thighbootguy, and loveheel:

Despite everyone's incredible posts to the contrary, I must say I side with kneehighs' exposition of how he's fitting in with the "men-wearing-heels-contrarian-world." In a nutshell, it's wonderful!

The bottom line is that it doesn't matter what outfit, hemline, color, coordination style/color you choose - if it doesn't flatter you, then reconsider.

With this in mind, I've seen a few guys in Vegas wearing heels, and a ton of them wearing skirts. Those wearing heels do so discreetly, while those wearing skirts usually combine the likes of tennis shoes or motorcycle boots with the ensemble.

The bottom like (wait - didn't I hear that before...?) revolves around the importance of finding a style that suites the following:

1. Your apparent gender (even if it's a 1 to 10 number on the gender continuum scale).

2. Your physique. A pencil skirt is as ill-suited on a 200# female as it is on a 200# male.

3. Societal norms.

I mention the last only in fanciful passing, for the simple reason that we are now such as global society the variences from the "societal norm" exist more so in the minds of those who would cross gender boundaries than those who actually do.

As for me, I enjoy wearing skirts, and I enjoy wearing heels, but neither as a woman, but rather as a man.

Fortunately, I live in a community (Las Vegas) in which my choice of attire is widely respected, condoned, and accepted.

Thank you all.

Fortunately, I live in a community (Las Vegas) in which my choice of attire is widely respected, condoned, and accepted.

Gene, I know this is severely off-topic, but one of my favorite TV shows is CSI. Do they actually film the show in Vegas, or just shoot stock footage? I'm dying to know! :)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!