Checking reactions

Mickey S.

Folks,

I just wanted to share with you what I did yesterday.

I went to a 'special' ;o) store where they also sell high heels. At least I thought they still would. To check reactions I wore these. They have 7" heels and a 2" platform hence wearing them is/was quite comfortable. I also wore boot cut jeans but their legs reached only down to slightly above where the the actual shoe sits on the platform so the lower 2..3" of the shoes were quite visible and one could easily tell what I wore. I made sure I didn't go there too late so that there was a chance of other customers being around there. And, right, three or four other people were in the shop as well. One guy looked down on me, up and then down again but didn't say anything. The one salesgirl behind the desk immediately noticed my shoes when I entered the shop with suddenly eyes wide open (the entrance is just vice versa of the cashier's desk), then smiled at me but she didn't say a word either. I asked the other shop-assistant for shoes and she told me that they don't sell them anymore in this facility but in another subsidiary. Bottom line: Noone actually seems/ed to make a big deal out of (my high heeled) shoes nor shows/ed any reaction. :o( Okay, the shop I went to was kind of a proper ambience to try out this particular footwear without risking too much.

Earlier that day I had the heels of some of my boots repaired and wanted to pick them up again from the cobbler. Once I was checking the quality a woman lined up behind me and watched me collecting (my) three pairs of high heeled (large footsized - US ladies 12, EU 43 - ;o) shoes and boots. It was pretty obvious that they were mine and not for my S/O. Once I was all set and done and about to leave I noticed that she was smiling at me and after 3 or 4 seconds or so she just turned to the cobbler and took care about her own business...

CU!

-Mike

Guys, thanks for your comments so far. To all guys who didn't dare it yet to "step outside" in high heels: Admittedly, the biggest problem is to get out on the street. It doesn't matter if you are at home or in your car and have just changed shoes. Once you've put the 'first' foot/heel on the pavement it is then almost going on by itself. And if the first steps are done and even the sound comming from the heels hitting the ground has become 'familiar' you don't pay any attention to the world around you anymore; you just keep gooing... CU! -Mike

Hi. This is Joe. I am new here. In my area of north NJ, it is very Latino/Hispanic and Roman Catholic. I've only worn my high-heel shoes in my house ( a rooming house ), and on FRIDAY and SATURDAY trips to lower Manhattan, NY ( Greenwich Village and Chelsea areas) . The comments about the sound of footsteps, and in perceptions ( of self, and of others views of you ) are true. I have discovered, that it is more important to buy and wear shoes where you will not trip and fall. The lower the heel, the safer. My first shoes were 3" LEI shoes ( wood heel ) . Too hard!!! See my post in "buying shoes in store...." . I am Bi, exploring my feelings. I think these shoes I have will help.

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///

Mickey S.:-) What you say is so true. When I started street-heeling last December, I had rubber tips put on my heels because I felt self-concious of the noise. I gave that up quickly. For decades, I have gone out dressed enfemme, and the noise was part of the whole picture and I rather enjoyed it. I don't put rubber heel tips on my heels anymore. I have bought several pair of boots since and I wear them right out of the box, noise or no noise. Asdf174:-) Try it, you'll like it. Joenj:-) Welcome to the HH Place Forums. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Joenj: welcome to the fourm. As far as exploring your feelings, don't put too much pressure on your heels (pun), Wear them as self expression, and go from there. Be yourself. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Hi, joenj. I, too, have often shied away from attracting attention during my heel-wearing, often to the point of only going out in block/rubber-heeled boots. Although quiet, they didn't fit as well as other pairs of heels, so I finally threw in the towel and began going out while wearing what fit well and felt comfortable. The almost complete lack of reaction since then has me convinced that all men could switch to heel wearing with minimal problems/backlash. Good luck to you!

Folks,

the best thing in trying to push limits of all is yet to come: Next year when I will be marrying my beloved girl-friend I'll probably be wearing 4" to 5" heels to church. Why? Here it comes: She already has a very particular concept what her wedding gown should look like and (!!!) what the shoes are that she will be wearing. It will be some 3.5 .. 4" white ankle boots either plain or with front laces. Anyway, that would make her taller than I am because she's almost my height. And even if her shoes and my regular men's shoes would make it for us both being the same height, due to her 'wardrobe' she would still look taller than me. Basically, we don't have a problem when we are going out and she wears high heels that she is taller than I am but on the wedding photos it would look clumsy. So we figured I have to have high heeled shoes as well. I'd actually like some plain black matte leather ankle boots with a slightly thicker - or even a more chunky - heel than the usual 'female' stiletto. The shoes would then somehow remotely look like western boots but not exactly and rather more far than close. I now have to thoroughly think about the design that in turn it will look good and not like either real cowboy- or women's- or even work-boots. It must be something in-between them all. This is pretty much what I want (from 6InchHeelsForever; check 'Boots' in the 3rd section from top in the left-hand side menu panel and go all the way down in the frame that was opened by your mouseclick), maybe with the heels a little bit more chunky - but we'll see about that... -- What do you think? Can those be worn under 'longer-legged' trousers to a wedding? I actually want to cover them not because I feel embarrassed but I don't want the event 'Me, A Man, In High Heels' to overshadow our wedding. This would be highly inappropriate...

CU!

-Mike

Mickey S.:-) I think that that style of boot should look good under long pants and still give you the height needed for your wedding pictures. That is the style of heel that I look for to use in my street-heeling. I would like to look into buying a pair for myself. Could you provide me with a link for that purpose? Thanks. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

ok, they might be fine for the ceremony. However, how about the dancing afterwords? Can you make it through a 3 or 4 hour reception without taking them off? (Wouldn't it be easier for her to get a nice pair of white flats to wear during the picture session?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

... However, how about the dancing afterwords?...

Don't worry, that shouldn't be an issue. I did that already and in even less supporting 4" stiletto-heel pumps...

... Can you make it through a 3 or 4 hour reception without taking them off? ...

In the past couple of weeks I wore boots with like 5.5" heels and 0.5" platform to work, to shopping and to almost everywhere. It happened to be that we spent several hours shopping while walking up and down all the shopping malls in the city center looking for stuff on several days. Streets and passages were quite busy so it felt like dancing... ;o)

... (Wouldn't it be easier for her to get a nice pair of white flats to wear during the picture session?) ...

My GF is actually not the type of girl who likes to wear high heels all the time. But when we're out she does it once in while. Anyway, since she's been using high heels quite a while (of course, longer than I have) she's quite used to it. But for the wedding it is in her mind that it has to be those shoes which are the only ones that go with her dress. I think there will be some full size pictures taken as well...

CU!

-Mike

I've got a pair of boots from Tommy Hilfigur that would possibly work well.

Posted ImagePosted Image

The front of the foot is similer to a cowboy boot, and they are very comfortable to walk in. Just a hair noisy though, not sure if that would be a problem.

Congrats btw,

Jim

PS: how about wearing your ballet boots durring the ceremony?

(formerly known as "JimC")

Jim, yes, your boots look great! But I don't think that they will be available in my size from Tommy Hilfiger. -- The noise? Ahm, I'd basically say that (I wish I was wrong) all my friends and relatives (although there might be some exceptions) are rather 'conservative'. So I'll try to get the shoe-thing not too much into the public focus. I'll ask the manufacturer to add some rubber tips to the heels in order to accomplish a less noisier 'show'. Ballet boots? My future wife is a doctor and since I want her to be with me that particular day I won't do so - because she would find herself soon into giving medical treatment to our guests who suffer from a serious heart attack once they've noticed my shoes... ;o) CU! -Mike

The only thing that's left is whether or not the shoes arrive on time. Otherwise I need to go for a backup solution which I have in place already but not sure yet if really to go for. -- Regarding backup, I was talking about shoes... ;o))) CU! -Mike