The most unusual game you've played

I got hooked on the single most unusual game around, and I thought I'd share it with you all. The game is called "Katamari Damacy" for the PS2 and the premise is this. The "King of All The Cosmos" got drunk one night and knocked all the stars out of the sky. Now he has a massive hangover and needs you to put things right. How, you ask? Simple. You take a ball (called the katamari) and basically roll over anything that's as small as you or smaller in order to increase it's size to the target diameter. The bigger your katamari, the larger objects you can roll over. You create stars, stardust, constellations, and finally, the moon itself, where you roll over things such as skyscrapers, islands, giant octopi, and other large bodies! The King speaks, but you see text, and his voice sounds nothing more than DJ scratches. It's fun, and it's very very addictive. I don't know how much it sells for in the UK or other parts of the world, but it's a mere $20 here. I thought I'd love nothing more than Intelligent Qube for the PSOne, but this one really is a nice change of pace from running, jumping, shooting, fighting, and huddling. :-) Give it a shot! Next game?

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

sounds interesting, Shockqueen, but I've never seen that game here in Australia, Me, I prefer the Grand Theft Auto series of games, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and San Andreas in particular, as there is so much to do especially in SA where you can play pool(if you have two controllers two people can play each other) :-?, the paramedic missions, the vigilante missions, parachuting (get to the top of mt chilliad (there is a HUGE mountain in San Andreas) get the mountain bike and ride it off Mt chilliad! then pop your parachute! there are other things to do but you guys will have to get Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to find out what! unfortunately though, my PS2 is being sent away to be repaired as 18 monts of use then 2.5/3 weeks of GTA: SA has worn out the laser so no GTA: SA for a month! :D oh well I'll have to get well aquainted with "Chris Sawyers Locomotion" later, TXT-1

Only 18 months? Man, you must either be a true die-hard gamer, or you have a deficient PS2. I've had mine for 4 years now and it still runs great! Although, I do tend to mix up my gaming between my PS2, GC, Xbox, and PC quite a bit.

yeah I a bit of a Hardened PS2 user, I've been known to turn off my PS2 only to sleep. (that was since I got GTA: SA) :-? yeah I know in the PS2 manual, "Do Not Use for more than 2 Hours"!, and then playing GTA:SA the amount I did, (LOTS) killed the dual layer laser, (dual layer is used for DVD video and GTA:SA is the first dual layer PS2 game - required as the GTA: SA world is 4.6Gb!) I don have a Hex Box (X-Box) as Bill Gates has had enough of my money already, and the games (IMO) seem to be better on the PS2. later, TXT-1

GBJ, that "kinda" reminds me about the guy that when asked why he kept slamming his head into the brick wall, replied because it felt so good when he stopped. :>:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a new game for my PS2 called "Flatout" it has a "Rag Doll - Sports mode - in RDSM you compete in High jump, Long jump, Ten pin bowling, darts, clowns (haven't tried that one yet) and Bullseye haven't tfied that one yet either) all the "sports" included in the RDSM mode are just like their real world eqivalents bar one thing.... Instead of throwing the ball down the alley, or the darts at the dartboard, you have a car which you drive as fast at the oversize dartboard, and at just the right time you trip the ejector seat proppeling the driver of the car at the dartboard, :) or ten pins, or any of the other targets in the other modes, but my favourite is high jump followed by darts! later, TXT-1

Sounds like when I play Crazy Taxi 2...there's one challenge where you have to score a series of stikes by driving at the pins and fishtailing at just the right moment. If you score perfect strikes, then you win. Unfortunately, if you miss any, you best just start the round over since you have to get 100% on it. Great fun though!

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone got interested in Katamari Damacy after I posted about it, then be relieved to know that Namco is working on releasing "Minasan Daisuki Katamari Damacy" (everybody loves Katamari Damacy) in 2005! Roll roll roll your stuff....quickly into a large ballllll! :)

GBJ, that "kinda" reminds me about the guy that when asked why he kept slamming his head into the brick wall, replied because it felt so good when he stopped. :>:

Yeah, well, I offered to go second, which meant that he was under pressure to give a really good first whack. Unfortunately, I was SO bad I missed my hand entirely...

It was back in high school, and worth the six pack I lost just to see the look on the guy's face when he realized he'd "won."

:)

• 1 month later...

i tend to play mahjong, from a company called popcap. big stack of tiles an i get rid of them by matching pairs, fun game but addictive!. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

Popcap.com has some wonderful games, like one I got called BookWorm, which you take out tiles by chaining them together to make words. I too had a "mahjongg" style game on the Sega Saturn called "Shanghai: Triple Threat" - very worth getting if you're into the old classic systems. :-)