A radical event in my life

raccoon

Hi guys, I usually don't write about myself on this board. Something I can't get off my mind has happened, but I'm not ready to tell anyone I know well. So I'd like to share it with you first. I've been an admirer of women in heels since I was 8 years old, now for 33 years. I never felt an urge to wear heels myself. I've had fantasies to wear footwear with very pointy toes and heels to create an illusion, but the thought of slim and delicate footwear under my hairy male legs turns me off. I'm proud of my legs, but they don't match such shoes. Masculine high heel styles do nothing for me. So I had never tried on any heels. Then the following happened last Friday. I was at a colleague's belated goodbye party in the company's office and the guy brought his girlfriend. After a while, I was tricked into trying on her boots. It's a digressive story how that happened, so I'll skip that for now. The boots are almost like the ones in my avatar, not a fashionable style at all. I rarely see that in real life. It is the style I like best. Slick black leather, but not shiny. They have fairly short, but very pointed toes. The 14cm (5½") heels are classic stilettos and end in a thin point. Apart from all this, there are few destracting details. It promised to be a tight fit, but the gal agreed I tried them one barefooted. As soon as my foot slid into position, this wonderful thrill took me by surprise. Then I slowly started to zip the boot up. My calf is too wide, but I managed to zip the boot halfway up. Then I draped the trouser leg over the boot leg. It was a delicious sight. No hairy men's leg to be seen. The other boot followed quickly. I got up. Everyone cheered, teasingly. I usually can't take that very well, but this time I didn't mind too much. It was a wonderful feeling and looking down, quite appealing too. The pain in my feet and ankles slowly set in. I tried to take a few steps as the audience demanded it. But I wasn't capable of doing so. It didn't matter. I was having a good time. After taking the boots off, the crowd asked what is was like. I smiled sheepishly and said it was great fun, desperately trying to make it sound it was tongue in cheek. Nobody was supposed to know how serious I was. I'm not ready for that. Now, 5 days later, it's still on my mind. The memory of this delightful experience is not going away and I hope it never will. I'm still celebrating the turn my life has taken. It's time to buy my own boots.

Absolutely Racoon. You'll find it's even nicer with ones that fit properly. That's why I wear mainly boots. They go with trousers and mens legs quite nicely. I hope you get a pair that fits and maybe you will integrate them into your lifestyle someday, in a way that suits you. I've worn heels in Holland on many occasions and it's a great place to do so. I realise it's not for everyone, but who knows what the future will hold.

Wow, that was simultaneously touching and inspiring! Good for you! It's refreshing and feels awesome how you are being true to yourself when you wear heels. Maybe all you need to do now is figure out the size in women's that you are, translate that size into pointy toe's (sometimes going up a half size is recommended, and translate that size into the manufacturer of your choice). Congratulations on your breakthrough and happy heeling.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Hi guys,

I usually don't write about myself on this board. Something I can't get off my mind has happened, but I'm not ready to tell anyone I know well. So I'd like to share it with you first.

I've been an admirer of women in heels since I was 8 years old, now for 33 years. I never felt an urge to wear heels myself.

I've had fantasies to wear footwear with very pointy toes and heels to create an illusion, but the thought of slim and delicate footwear under my hairy male legs turns me off. I'm proud of my legs, but they don't match such shoes. Masculine high heel styles do nothing for me. So I had never tried on any heels.

Then the following happened last Friday.

I was at a colleague's belated goodbye party in the company's office and the guy brought his girlfriend.

After a while, I was tricked into trying on her boots. It's a digressive story how that happened, so I'll skip that for now.

The boots are almost like the ones in my avatar, not a fashionable style at all. I rarely see that in real life. It is the style I like best. Slick black leather, but not shiny. They have fairly short, but very pointed toes. The 14cm (5½") heels are classic stilettos and end in a thin point. Apart from all this, there are few destracting details.

It promised to be a tight fit, but the gal agreed I tried them one barefooted. As soon as my foot slid into position, this wonderful thrill took me by surprise. Then I slowly started to zip the boot up. My calf is too wide, but I managed to zip the boot halfway up. Then I draped the trouser leg over the boot leg. It was a delicious sight. No hairy men's leg to be seen. The other boot followed quickly.

I got up. Everyone cheered, teasingly. I usually can't take that very well, but this time I didn't mind too much. It was a wonderful feeling and looking down, quite appealing too.

The pain in my feet and ankles slowly set in. I tried to take a few steps as the audience demanded it. But I wasn't capable of doing so. It didn't matter. I was having a good time.

After taking the boots off, the crowd asked what is was like. I smiled sheepishly and said it was great fun, desperately trying to make it sound it was tongue in cheek. Nobody was supposed to know how serious I was. I'm not ready for that.

Now, 5 days later, it's still on my mind. The memory of this delightful experience is not going away and I hope it never will. I'm still celebrating the turn my life has taken.

It's time to buy my own boots.

Hi raccoon,

3 years later it's still on my mind! Buy your own boots, as I have done. Meanwhile I'm a proud owner of more highheels than flat sneakers :-?

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

its just about the same ratio for me micha too! :-? only 2 pairs of reeboks (Id like to point out that NOTHING I wear on my feet are MENS footwear by the way) and all the rest are heeled boots/loafers of some kind or another!! :D you couldnt PAY me to wear ANYTHING thats called "mens"!! thank god I have really small "mens" feet (size 7 USA, size 9 women USA) yours, Bradley PS: I love ALL of your boots Micha I wish I could have ones like them too they look FAB on you!!

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

Hi Racoon! That was a great story - I was right there with you, but I'd love to know how you came to be tricked into trying the boots on! Are you sure you didn't help the situation along just a little, or even engineer it? The first (and sadly the only) times I have worn heels openly in public, I totally engineered the circumstances! I might have had a little help from unwitting participants in my plan, and if anyone would like to hear the story, I'll post it in the "stories with a heely theme" section. Allyx

Thank you, Firefox, kneehighs and micha for your encouragement! It's a great feeling to be among friends. I suppose I may need some moral support for a while if it ever comes to social implications.

I shall keep in touch with you all on how I will be progressing.

... but I'd love to know how you came to be tricked into trying the boots on! Are you sure you didn't help the situation along just a little, or even engineer it? ...

I knew this question would rise sooner or later. I covered that part in the story, but omitted it from the initial post for being unneccessarily digressive. Well, here it is, partly overlapping the initial post.

I was at a colleague's belated goodbye party in the company's office last Friday and the guy brought his girlfriend. She sat at a desk with a few girls and she was chatting with them. After a while she brought up her brand new black leather boots. I couldn't resist listening in. The girl was complaining she had underestimated the difficulties of wearing heels 1.5cm (about ½") higher than she was used to. The other gals didn't buy that, but she claimed they didn't know what they were talking about. So she and two of the girls decided to compare their heels.

She walked from behind the desk and showed off her boots, for everybody to see. I couldn't believe my eyes. They were almost like the boots in my avatar, not a fashionable style at all. I rarely see that in real life.

It is the style I like best. Slick leather, but not shiny. They have fairly short, but very pointed toes. The 14cm (5½") heels are classic stilettos and end in a thin point. Apart from all this, there are no destracting details.

They were 2" higher than the other girls' heels and that settled the dispute.

Meanwhile, the guys started cheering, including me. She smiled and obviously enjoyed the attention.

One guy, who apparently had overheard the conversation too, yelled he could wear those boots with ease. She offered to let him try them on and prove his right. He backed out of it, claiming his feet are much too large. 'What size are they', another guy asked. She said they're size 41EUR, which is quite large for a woman. It wasn't obvious, though. It's only one size smaller than mine, or less.

Then one of the other girls started to challenge the men. Surprisingly, our gal agreed with the whole thing. She seemed to enjoy it very much. 'Anyone?', she asked.

I heard myself volunteer. Everybody immediately gave me the thumbs up, so there was no turning back.

The lady took off her boots and I did the same with my shoes. I tried to cram my foot into a boot, but it didn't work. The lady suggested I take off my socks too. My feet are not sweaty, but she didn't seem to care if they did! So I took them off.

This time it was easier. I wriggled my toes to get into the boot as far as possible. Finally, I was ready to slide the foot into position.

I felt my heel slide down, causing what I've never dreamt of possible. I was thrilled! My heart was racing. I felt my arm and hand trembling while I tried to zip up te boot. My calf is too wide, but I managed to zip the boot halfway up. Then I draped the trouser leg over the boot leg. It was a delicious sight. No hairy men's leg to be seen.

At the same time I was worried sick my emotions would show, but I had an intense desire to go through with it!

As soon as I took the other boot to put it on, I broke into a cold sweat in anticipation. It felt like everything was going in slow motion. This time the excitement was even better!

So, how did it happen 'I heard myself volunteer'?

First, there was this once in a lifetime coincidence. I met a girl whose footwear is not just a fashion statement, but one that apparently loooved her heels and enjoyed showing them off. Her boots are the style I find so sexy. She offered the opportunity to try them on.

Secondly, I had been half-heartedly prepossessed with wearing heels all along.

So yes, I partly helped the situation along.

I agree - great story - I keep wishing that kind of thing would happen to me. It won't though - I'm a size 11UK (13US) which means I'll never fit into any of my female friends' shoes and boots, even if that dream challenge ever came up!

Raccoon:-) Some fellows seem to have all of the luck. Not really, It's just that I'm a little envious as nothing like that ever happens to me. But, I'm excited that it happened to you. Cudos. Now since you have tasted the forbidden fruit, there is no turning back. You will remember that time the rest of your life. You must get your own pair of boots so that you can relive that moment a thousand times over. Now you know what the rest of us have been saying is true. Every time that I put on a pair of heeled shoes or boots, I catch myself saying---the feeling is still there. Allyx:-) I, for one, would like to know your story also. Cheers-- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Don't let the cost stop you if you find a pair that you really like. Afterall, what is the cost of one pair of high heeled boots compaired to your mental well-being :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Raccoon:-) Big D and Bubba are right. Go and buy them. and if you see a pair you like and don't buy them, you will kick yourself forever for not doing so. Buy them, wear them and you will feel good about yourself like you never felt before. It's called self-asteem. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thank you for the encouragements again. I certainly will buy myself a pair.

But I'm very picky. Me and my expensive taste. Oh well, it's not going to stop me. Let's not rush things.

Hi raccoon,

thank you for interesting story! Two years ago I had a vice versa adventure:

The girls on a garden party asked me how I could walk as a man on such high heels. I answered: Wearing 5'' block heels with 2'' soles is no real problem. The difference is only 3''. As I added "My footsize shoudn't be a problem for you" the girls became interested to try on my boots. I pulled off my boots and offered them to the ladies.

He he ... me walking barefoot through the wet grass of a failured indian summer and the flip-flop-summer-fashion-accustomed girls on my platform boots puzzling how this crazy guy could walk on them. They should have been glad that I didn't offer them my highest heels :-?

cheers

micha

...They should have been glad that I didn't offer them my highest heels :wink:

That's the point: People with bigger feet could actually wear higher heels! But even for the shoes in the women's section in regular shoe stores the heel-heights come gradually down once a certain foot-size was exceeded. Not to talk about men's sizes, where even higher heels could be established and eventually be walked in... ;o)

Here's one for all you 'Trend-Scouts' out there: If you read this go back to your shoe-company you work for and tell them that there's a wide range of (potential) male high-heel wearers out there 'in the wild' who are 'on the jump' (very German English, sorry) and just wait to spend their money on great, stylish high heeled shoes...

CU!

-Mike

• 1 month later...

Well, I've got my own pair now. :)

Sorry, I dont have a pic and I don't think there will be one any time soon.

They are much like these from Leatherworks, but with a 11cm (little over 4") heel.

Posted Image

Soft and thin real leather, matt black. Whew!

Although I'd rather bought a pair of knee highs, but I couldn't find a pair that fit my calves. They cost me a fortune, but I'm happy.

It's money well spent! The beauties are on my bare feet right now and I'm enjoying it like I was a month ago. They're surprisingly easy to walk in, at least about the house. Only the sustained ankle stretching takes practice.

As soon as I've mastered them and I've saved some more money, I'll shop for real knee highs will higher heels.

Well, I've got my own pair now. :)

They are much like these from Leatherworks, but with a 11cm (little over 4") heel.

Posted Image

Although I'd rather bought a pair of knee highs, but I couldn't find a pair that fit my calves. They cost me a fortune, but I'm happy.

It's money well spent! The beauties are on my bare feet right now and I'm enjoying it like I was a month ago. They're surprisingly easy to walk in, at least about the house. Only the sustained ankle stretching takes practice.

As soon as I've mastered them and I've saved some more money, I'll shop for real knee highs will higher heels.

Congrats! Hope you enjoy them for years to come.

Well, I've got my own pair now. :o

Posted Image

My congratulations too :oops: I'm a lucky owner of a similar pair of ankle boots. Black soft nappa leather and nearly 12 cm stiletto heels. Even in my size EU 44.5! Because of the metal pieces under the heels they are a real 'earcatcher'. Nevertheless they have already undergone several outdoor missions :)

click-clack

micha

PS The boots on my avatar are also ankle boots but with 14 cm heels - too much for excursions. At least for me :D