Heels in the workplace - Part II

ShockQueen

*I posted this on the old message board also, but thought it would look better here. Sorry about the repost.* So far so good! I think I can safely say that I will have NO problems wearing heels at work! So far I have done: 5.5" heel with 1.5" riser flat black platform boots 5.0" heel with 1.5" riser black patent and white patent boots 4.0" heel with NO riser (stiletto heel) black leather boots It's as it has been said before many many times, but I shall say it again.....as long as you co-ordinate your outfit and look smart doing it, then you will encounter little to NO resistance in your efforts! I'll admit I was a bit trepidatious (sp?) at first, but once I did pumps for Halloween one year and received compliments on them, and afterwards I thought about what style would go best with my daily wear, and boots just filled the bill nicely! I feel so much more liberated now than I have in a VERY long time! My wife asked me what I would do if I got into a higher position in the company and would have to wear a suit. I said "Who wears suits these days, except the outmoded types who still try to fit into a mold?". Puh-leeze! I see the director of our call center in a pullover almost all the time and just some nice dockers, so he's not fitting any mold either - just being himself - as we all should! If I can do it with 2 pairs of earrings, big huge goth rings, and heels, then it CAN be done! I think I'll stop now before I sound like some sort of televangelist or something hee hee hee....

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

OMG! ROFLMAO! I was wondering what those were! No wonder it feels like I lost weight! hee hee hee Actually, in all honesty - in the work environment I spend so many of my waking hours in, I find it to be a most pleasant surprise that I can wear stilettos, or any other type of heel to work now, and have no problems!

I'm not sure it takes ones THAT big. JeffB started the phenomenon (in here at least). It's one thing to wear boots to work, but he wears regular pumps! That takes some titanium ones! What just blows me away is that the ladies I work around can't figure out how I walk so well in my boots - especially the stiletto ones! I keep thinking "Isn't this the type of query that guys usually make of the girls?", but maybe that's being too stereotypical. I better never pinch myself in case it's all one big dream - that would be SUCH a let-down. I'm gonna enjoy every single day that I can! My supervisor comes back after a 2-day seminar today, so it'll be interesting to see what she thinks of them. _________________ "Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." -Harvey Fierstein <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShockQueen on 2002-04-17 16:57 ]</font>

My wife asked me what I would do if I got into a higher position in the company and would have to wear a suit.

You can still wear a suit with heeled boots and/or earrings. Very smart. The only thing I don't like wearing with a suit is a tie (so I don't!)

Well, Day 3 now, and all is well! Another bridge has been successfully crossed! Today we had visitors in our center, so we couldn't dress casual - had to be 'business casual'. Soooo....I got one of my nice pullovers out along with my black slacks and 4" stiletto boots. Not to put to huge of a spotlight on things, I just sat quietly at my desk while they were here, and then relaxed the rest of the day. We sit off in the corner, so it's pretty easy. It's not cowardice - just being a bit cautious with such thin heels. People still ask how I can walk on sticks (stils), and I just keep saying 'practice practice practice'. I have accomplished what I set out to do - I can now relax. :smile: I'll try to post pics as soon as I can get a decent digital cam or can find someone to take some pics.

i don't think i will wear my stiletto classic pumps to where i work. for a truck line and a big farmer. however, i have taken them with me in a truck and wore them while driving. it was just a little difficult shift with 5" pumps on.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

Well, I'll admit that in the beginning it took a considerable amount of nerve to wear pumps to the office, and I was inwardly terrified that very first time. Since then, it's become embarrassingly easy, almost commonplace. I no longer bother with my stack heeled loafers which was my shoe of choice when I first started wearing heels to work, now it's pumps and pumps only, even on casual Friday! I just can't imagine wearing any other kind of shoe! And I'd kill for more if I could find 'em in my size! While I liked the compliment from SQ, I'm just doing what I enjoy. Sure, it takes courage for a male to wear pumps five days a week, but I'm merely exercising my right of fashion freedom, nothing more. Besides, I've come to believe that I have better looking shoes than some of the women at the office! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Nope! Just to work. I save my stack heeled loafers and boots for my weekend jaunts. :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!