One Canadian's view of London

Himark

A few weeks ago, in early October, my wife and I spent 10 days in London, England. One of the things that struck me was the amazing number of women wearing gorgeous high heels on the streets. I'm sure I saw more high heels in any ten minute period than I would have seen all day in Ottawa (where we used to live), or Toronto (which we visited frequently), or Vancouver (where we live now).

To all you guys in England who enjoy heel watching as I do, all I can say is, wow, do you know how lucky you are?

Incidentally, I didn't take any men's footwear on this trip. Mostly, I wore this pair of boots with a 2 inch heel:

Posted Image

No one seemed to notice or care, not even the security guys at the Vancouver and Gatwick airports. The security guy at Vancouver was checking each passenger's shoes, and never even blinked at mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, these boots are very comfortable. They have leather uppers, a rubber sole and a 2 inch rubber heel (quiet). I've been wearing them everywhere. I'm disappointed that the fabric lining is wearing through even though the boots are in good condition otherwise. The boots are size 12W (US) and I bought them at a Payless store in the US. The stores I tried in Canada did not carry them in that size, and Payless does not ship outside the US.