Falling backwards syndrome

ShockQueen

Now that I've been wearing heels steadily for some time now (over 3 months continuous), I can't wear regular trainers anymore since I always feel I'm falling backwards! Is that strange or what? I have my 5" platform boots that I wear all the time, but my other slacks (for that 'business casual' look) are a bit too short for those, but not too short for my 4" stiletto boots, so those may be next in my work wardrobe since people are used to seeing me in heels anyways. They're nice & soft and very very comfy, so why not? What the heck...you have to live life to it's fullest, right?

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I say, go for it! :smile: If it makes you happy and more comfortable with yourself, then the only thing to do is wear them :smile: As for falling backwards, I can't say that I have experienced this particular effect. I always vary my heel height so as to keep flexibilty and thus, so far, have not fallen backwards. Excepting, maybe whilst under the influence! :smile: Keep breaking new ground! It's the only way to go! :wink:

Maybe it's the "Heel Force" being with me. It's influence is strong, and once you are in it's grip, be sure you stay on the light path - then again, what would the 'dark path' be precisely? Well...off to lunch in a while, and then I think I'll go change. ONWARD!!!!!!

Hi SQ, although I have never fallen backwards yet but I tend to feel the same syptom when wearing the occasional flats. The equilibrium comes back fast but is traded for pain in the tendon and calves after a while. I hate flats and can hardly stand them anymore.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-04-16 03:28 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I feel better now, having changed into my 4" boots. It's been a quiet day, and not too many people milling about the center, so not too much attention, which is good for that first time in spike heels (at least outside of Halloween) :smile: If this goes over well - bye bye trainers (for 99% of the time anyways)!

Well...day two now, and I wore my 4" stiletto boots to work from the start - not having to change into them later. Last night was the first part of the experiment - today is the full test to see how this goes. I did get some cool compliments from some of the ladies here, so I think it won't be a problem there either. We'll see what happens when my sup comes in next since she's pretty much cool with everything I wear anyways. As they say....onward and UPward!

Sorry...I've been in this call center too long. sup = supervisor (i.e. my boss) She's pretty cool about my heels and she gave me some compliments on my platform boots. She hasn't seen the stiletto ones yet though.

Like Francis, I never experience falling backwards problems as I always vary my heel height. Anyway, I've just spent two days crawling all over the reactor on a nuclear power station in steel toe cap shoes. No heels on these, though I did wear heels at the hotels in the evening