Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource

kneehighs

why do women make a big deal of men wearing high heels.

Many years women have been complaining how difficult heels are to wear, we men should only have to know ourselves, all the while not thinking some us would actually dare even try. Now that some of us have and actually enjoy it. We also learned that only poor fitting heels hurt or if you know how to wear them there are really no issues.

Can't feel bad for those women who go through agony to please us men when we all now know they only do it for themselves. I do think some or even a majority of the complaints were really directed at getting a simpethetic reaction from us if for no other reason.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have thought about this more and more. Talked it over with my wife. I think she summed it up perfectly. "Women don't mind seeing YOU in high heels, but I bet they don't want to see THEIR man in high heels." I think that says a lot. FWIW, my wife is ok with my shoe choices. But anyway - sometimes I wonder if we think we're getting support, when actually we're just talking about shoes. What is the conversation that the women have after we leave? Are we looking so hard for 'acceptance' that we are giving too much credit where credit is due? I dunno. Just a thought. Or two. And the beer was outstanding!

In my experience, the 'OK on a man other than my husband' viewpoint is quite widely held. It sits alongside the stance of a women who clearly enjoys watching on television a male entertainer who (i) is very camp or obviously gay; or (ii) is a female impersonator and dressed accordingly; or (iii) tells distinctly off-colour or offensive jokes or stories. In each case, the husband would be censured severely if he behaved in that way and the wife would express her horror or embarrassment. Double standards rule!

In my experience, the 'OK on a man other than my husband' viewpoint is quite widely held. It sits alongside the stance of a women who clearly enjoys watching on television a male entertainer who (i) is very camp or obviously gay; or (ii) is a female impersonator and dressed accordingly; or (iii) tells distinctly off-colour or offensive jokes or stories. In each case, the husband would be censured severely if he behaved in that way and the wife would express her horror or embarrassment. Double standards rule!

If you watch a lot of TV or movies you will see lots and lots of violence.

Yet your wife will object if you start doing that as well. (let us hope so)

What you see on TV is definitely not a cross section of society.

The keyword in why a woman may not want to see the heels on her own man

is "embarrassment". She does not have those feelings when it concerns others.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn't really heels, but the kneehigh womens boots I normally wear to work. A woman complimented me on my boots, saying it wasn't everyday you saw men wear such boots. I told her they were very practical for walking around in the know. She said "Yeah and why do everything have to be so boring anyway?" . I guess she she was refferring to mens wardrobe in general. It sure made my day.

I do think many are right here. Women wear what they wear because of style, fit, color, and/or comfort and not to guage reaction from men UNLESS they are trying to go home with someone. Most women view shoes as articles of clothing which they are always interested in talking about but this shouldn't necessarily be equated with validation. We men here should wear our heels for the same reasons that the women do.

• 1 month later...

Hi there last saturday night , went to a night spot with my lovely girlfriend & her friend for some dancing , i had been to this place on quite afew occasions before

and new a few of the people there, i wore my pinstripe skirt suit with dark mooroon platform stilletto's with matching shirt & bag ( nicely Co ordinated)

well one of the lady's who i'd known a while approached, and when i introduced her to my girlfriend was gushing about how well i dressed, & was always

co ordinated & that she would take fashion advice from me at any time ( me now having an enormous head ) she proceded to take me off to the other end of the room

to meet her friends . later that evening after dancing with my girlfriend and bieng extremly hot we decided to go outside to get some air , another late 20s early 30 s

girl comes out as well and says word to the affect that she really likes the fact that i've got the balls to wear a skirt , stockings & high heels , & asked why i didn,t

wear make up as well, to which i replied " it's not how i want to present myself " we continued chatting and the girl asked my girlfriend if we were together or not

and my girlfriend said that we were & the conversation sort of ended there

toward the end of the evening my GF and i were sitting at the table after dancing some more & girl from outside is on the dance floor with her female friend

& they becon me to go and dance with them ( i"m refusing cause i don't want to leave my lady ) but my GF says go ahead it's cool so i'm up there dancing with these

2 quite attractive ladies while the heard of guys standing around the dance floor perimiter are shaking their heads about the the guy in a skirt & heels with lady

waiting is dancing with 2 more :text_cool: so i think that some females are actually very ok with a guy wearing heels, skirts & other item 's usually only worn by girls

cheers malinheels :wavey: sorry the post is so long

thx guys , it was a great nite & as many who replied here on this thread have said before you can surely go out wearing heels , skirts , stockings, etc and it will not harm your chances with the girls I met my gorgeous lady dressed in skirt & heels 10 months ago so i didn't have to work out how i was going to tell her although i have explained my position & we chat about it on a regular basis happy heeling Malinheels :wavey:

I told my female friends about my heels, and say ill show them the heels, usually it's a mall or bar as they like it, say its my turn to wear heels and enjoy seeing me rock them, most females will love it if they knew a man who could rock a pair of heels perfectly