i wonder if i've reached the end...

w6ish

the reason i wonder is: i just came in from an evening of walking these good city streets, its friday night and the hustle and bustle is exactly what one would expect in the capital city on such a night. there are people everywhere. bars are open. bands are playing. sports games are on the big screen tvs. and folks not so lucky are standing on street corners asking for change. cab stands are busy. street vendors are out. the weather is quite mild for early november. no rain, no snow. the wind from earlier has died down. so its perfect for 6 inch heels. i've been walking in my cupid boots and i actually caught myself at a busy downtown intersection telling myself: the thrill is gone! i remember the first time i wore my white 6 inch spike heels in public. it was a lame road side vendor selling fries and soda pop. it was all the courage i could muster to get out of the car and step up on her platform to place an order. i had butterflies to no end. even my hands were shaking when i tried to collect my change. she saw my heels. and the look on her face was priceless. i miss that excitement. these days, for me, wearing fully exposed 6 inch heels, has become common place. i think that is not good. what does one do to spice up or re spark the thrill that started it all? all replies will be greatly appreciated.

There is a time in everyone's live where thrill-seeking, whether that's from skydiving, heelwearing, spiritual nirvana, alcohol addiction, or adventurous movie watching stops having the same effect it once did. It's called "adrenaline exhaustion," and it's a wake-up call to find more meaningful things in life than an adrenaline rush. This is no slight on your activities to this point, but perhaps an oppotunity to discover a different, non-rush reason for continuing. My reason is primarily two-fold: Pain elimination (ankle injury) and advancement of clothing rights (fashion freedom, etc.). A third reason (and the primary one I'm still here) is that I enjoy chatting back and forth with the rest of you here!

I know what you mean. I sometimes go for a day or more without wearing the heels and don't really miss them. Other days, I prefer them most of the time. Basically, I still like the sensation and the look, but the initial excitement is much less.

I would think that was a good thing, actually. When you wear standard mens clothing, you don't get a rush. When you put on standard mens shoes you don't get a rush either. The overall effect of wearing standard mens clothing is to create a "nonchalant" public perception about the clothes that you are wearing. (Excluding items worn for making fashion statements). Now that you can probably carry off at least a similar level of, "this is normal for me" attitude while street heeling, it will do more to advance men in heels rights! People will be less apt to take notice of your self-consciousness. They will notice your nonchalant poise. Good for you.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

it certainly seems to be normal in this town: a man can walk anywhere he wants in his 6 inch heels and not deal with any reaction, positive or negative. i was out all afternoon and into the early evening yesterday, up and down streets, into clubs, some fancy ones and some grungy ones, sitting alone at a table or at the bar with a dozen other folks, crossing the street at busy intersections, riding the transit, everything you would normally do. and no hassle. i guess that is what we want. i was sitting at a table in one club watching some of the sports on the tv, when a woman came in alone, and sat next to my table. she could see my cupid boots and she looked at them. after a while she got up and asked me to watch the waitress didn't take her drink when she was out for a cigarette! that's it! in another place, and old man walked up and patted my shoulder saying: you give new life to the old expression of being well heeled. crazy stuff. i guess there is a bridge one crosses where it becomes totally natural to wear high heels. the next thing for me to do is switch gears and order up a pair of those 7.5 inch spike heel boots from pierre silber! pardon the pun, but when i get those fancy boots, i'll have reached my plateau!

"Absence makes the heart grow fond." Take all your heels and lock them up for an extended period. One or two months or even more. Maybe even tease yourself, by having one of your heeled pairs out and lock the other with the rest. You've gotten use to the rush, and view the heels as another pair of footwear. The feeling will come and go. Maybe next wear a skirt or something while walking around. Since no one is paying attention to you, that may have had an effect on your rush. Wear a skirt and I'm sure people will be looking at you again.

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?

I believe I understand what he's saying. It seems as though as long is there's an element of "risk"and embarrassment involved with wearing heels, the "rush" is there. However, as soon as wearing them becomes common place, and the element of embarrassment on being discouvered disappears, the consciousness that you're wearing "forbidden fruit," fades into the background. I've gone through the same evolution since I've been able to wear heels whenever I want to and have worn women's shoes exclusively for the past few years or so. My love of heels and women's shoes hasn't lessened. I still get excited whenever I get a new pair or see a pair that I want to add to my collection. It's just that when I am wearing heels, I no longer am aware that I wearing them or consciously looking reactions from others. In other words, I just go and do normal things without giving my shoes a thought.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) I see your point. Even though I have been wearing heels for decades, I have been street-heeling only since last December and I am still concious of being out in public wearing heels in male mode. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi 6''-spiky heels, bubba136 and dawn, here my own experience, confirming bubba's answer: After a phone appointment with a tattoo studio, which I found in the internet, I drove at a saturday afternoon to Wiesbaden to look for the location. I put my new plateau boots from "fantasy shoes" into a bag. With the straight intention to wear them on the street. It was a great but similarly anxious feeling when I left "death-defying" my car. My first walk on high heels in public :-? Really bad was my first stop at a traffic light at a main street in Wiesbaden. A lot of people accumulated besides and behind me. They all should see my extreme high white 5'' block heels! In this moment I had liked to sink into the earth :D After the switching to green, me crossing the broad street directly in the spot-lights of the waiting cars ... ouch... Later in the evening in the shopping mall (the tattoo studio was unfortunately already closed) I got more courage. Playing with the cat walk style ... :wink: At this first street heeling adventure my biochemical system was in a state of segregation of adrenaline (fear), endomorphines (euphoria) and sexual hormones (horny). This mixture was a gorgeous kick - an experience that has engraved into my brain. Just as my first tattoo session some weeks later :wink: Such experiences aren't repeatable ad infinitum. I believe that they are unique in your life. Since then three years have passed. The extreme thrill has gone. Nevertheless I love still today my tribal tattoo and nevertheless I'm wearing almost daily high heels on the street. Am I addicted? nice greetings micha ps: congrats to 6'' spiky for this interesting topic :D

The best fashion is your own fashion!

here's an idea: get your most worn out pair of 6" plats and convert them into book ends! I too want to go higher I have my heart set on some Tony Shoes "701" (7") or some Pleaser Xtreme "773" (8.5") platform sandals. As for "streetheeling" in my black PVC beauties: I have to loose 25Kg first! and gain some big cajones! later, TXT-1