Uneven walking surface and really high heels/platforms

tightlevisandhhboots

Hi all, I wanted to ask all the 5"+ heel wearers and platform wearers, how do you handle walking on broken sidewalks, and thru parking lots with potholes, and on dirt and gravel surfaces? I wear my 3 1/2" heeled Cowboy boots thru a shipyard environment, and have to be EXTRA CAREFUL not to break an ankle or trip up, or even worse... break a heel... tightlevisandhhboots

Very very carefully! I've found that it helps the most to keep the long view of the terain and simply walk around the really bad spots. It takes practice though. I guess all the running around I did as a school girl in 2.5" heeled boots durning the winter has paid off. There was a thread on here somewhere about your first high heels. I had forgotten about those boots till now. Lovely pair of black, fake fur lined winter boots with a rubber soul and a high heel. I still miss those boots! You cannot find nice looking, warm boots like that anymore. Unfortunately, I out grew them! Ugh. :-? Jinxie

Platforms can be deadly if the uneven ground comes as a surprise. Even stepping on a small stone can tip the shoe sideways since the foot is 2 inches or more above the bottom - not a stable situation. And, the soles are narrower than ones foot on the stylish or stripper shoes. It's like a ship rolling in heavy seas without stabilizers. If the center of gravity gets over too far, it capsizes. Without a platform, it's not too bad as the sole is wider and the foot close to the ground.