I did it!

Pam

Just wanted to share my experience this last sunday! I went to the heelmeet in NYC, but did not see anyone there...so I decided then to go to the parade in the village. At that point i was just wearing regular shoes...when I got there and saw everyone dressed up I changed into a pair of 4.5 inch stiletto pointy knee-highs. I walked in them for more than 3 hours!!! It felt really great, I even showed them to a girl passing by and she really liked the boots and said to me that she has never gone out with a heel that high! Feels great! Pam

Friday is my day to wear my boots to work. Only a 3" stacked heel but still something I haven't done yet. A couple of the women where I am working know about my heels and after talking today they convinced me on wearing them in so they could check them out. One of the women happens to be the owner of the business so hopefully all goes well. I'd love to be able to wear heels whenever I want without any problem. I'll have to let you know how it goes....Jim

That is wonderful Pam.. sounds like it was a ball of a night. Had a pretty boring Halloween here, but that's Ok. Handing out candy to the kiddo's was fun. Good luck Jim! It sounds like a positive though, I doubt your boss is going to urge you to do something just to knock you down for doing it. Enjoy! Jinxie

Having the boss prompt you into wearing heels at work has gotta be good! Meeting fun loving, open minded women is great at the best of times but it sounds as if you, like JeffB, are surrounded by them. Long may it continue! Don't forget to let us know how it goes Jim, I’ll be looking out for your update with eager anticipation. jim

Hopefully all will go OK. The owner is quite open minded and says she will give me her opinion truthfully. I am now at work,usually first in and won't see her for about 2 hours..Hope the rest of the place thats it OK. Now, my wife on the other hand is still upset and last night was guys night out at the bar and I had my platform knee boots on and when I got home got a really bad time from her. She made some statements about leaving so we will see what happens tonight...Jim

gosh, jimnj3 -- you've finally gotten it out of her. She gets upset about your wearing your high heel boots in public and even threatens (or speaks of) leaving. Great move on your part. You can't continue a relationship with anyone that won't let you wear heels. What kind of man would ever let a woman, even one he's married to, dictate when and where he can wear his high heels.? Good move on your part. Get rid of her. The quicker the better.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Gosh Bubba, I don't think I want to eliminate her just yet, esp after 19 years.. My problem was she wasn't aware of my desires until recently and isn't taking it well.. Now, I may not have a choice about whats happening but we'll see when I get home tonight. Maybe last night was a bad one for her for some reason. Heck, she wasn't with me last night so I don't know what the big problem was...Jim

my comment was made "tongue in cheek", jimnj3. In my opinion, it was a very "stupid" move on your part to spring something like this on her without laying proper ground work or even trying to learn what her reaction was lible to be before you told her. I am very surpirsed that anyone would jeopardise their 19 years of marriage by doing something like that.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I see, I didn't just spring it on her as she has known for a while and I knew she didn't want to be around when I was wearing them. Since I went out without her I figured that would be OK, My mistake definitely. Jim

Well, As far as my concern at home goes. I came home to a fine dinner so she didn't leave. She is still upset and said we need to talk and I agreed. Didn't happen last night though. Both of us were very tierd so hopefully today we can iron out the concerns for each of us. If we can work together it would be great although I don't have my hopes up yet. As far as heels at work, I did wear my 3" stacked heel knee boots to work Friday. I did get the opinions of the 3 women I work next to, one the boss in here mid 30's. My boss loved them and said she had a very similar pair which were quite comforatable. We discussed why I enjoyed wearing them and has no problem with them as long as the pants hang properly. She suggested having them hang to at least cover 3/4 of the heel to look good. I agree and the other 2 women, one had no real opinion other tahn wear what you want, doesn't bother her. The other said oh my, you really like those!! It's fine with her , no problem, wear what you want and they do look OK on you other than the lenght of the pants I had on which were a bit short. I enjoyed this critique and have to find the proper lenght pants to go with them for the next time to work. Now, since I work in an auto dealerships' service dept I may have abit of a problem with the techs in the shop!! We'll see. All in all, Friday worked out OK!!! Jim

since I work in an auto dealerships' service dept I may have abit of a problem with the techs in the shop!!

Hey us techs in workshops are humans too you know :D

And most of them won't take much notice if it ain't greasy or doesn't have an engine :-?

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

No disrespect to tech"s. I was one for 16 years until I messed my back up and had to do something that didn't involve leaning over. Now I help run the service dept and keep those tech's busy. Still not quite sure how they'll look at this though..Only one way to find out..I'll let you know when it happens...Jim