I finally did it!!

hoverfly

Well I finally did it!! On a road trip to my parent's house I wore a pair of ankle boots with a chunky heel of almost 3". On my way over I stopped at my favorite hobby store and bought some more toys. At the hobby store I walked on a concrete floor. But since I injected the heel with some foam the noise of the heel was still there but not as loud as it was before. Sorry Firefox, unlike you I am not that interested in announcing my presents. :smile: As I was shopping around I was casually looking to see if anybody noticed. I caught one guy taking a peak but my head was tilted in his direction and he quickly retreated back around the corner!!! :smile: Any way tomorrow it is going to be sneakers since I will be visiting a friend and we are going to fly some modal airplanes. I don’t want to get my “fancy” shoes dirty. But then again… <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-04-13 06:39 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

thats a great story..congrats on ur first time out :smile: im still gettin the nerve up to wear my boots outside = did your mom know you liked to wear heels before that? or did you just surprise them totally out of the blue?

Great story! And another guy out in the open! If we continue at this rate in about a year everyone will take second glances at guys wearing flats. You'll soon discover that chunky (block) heels are no problem at all for public wear. I also regularly wear blade heels (4") and they too are no problem at all. I guess the limit for guys is stilletto's, done that once and it wasn't a great success..

Good work Hoverfly! If you want to go higher and little bit more fancy without too much reaction then Western style boots are a good choice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first picture shows a typical western boot in unmodified form with a 2-3" heel. The second how I modified it to give a 4" heel boot and I toned down the cream leather styling too. They certainly don't attract too much attention in the UK, and with your cowboy history in the US, the same will probably be the case. They won't suit everyone, but it shows how you can easily wear 4" with thinnish width heel in a perceived unisex style.

Believe in your right to wear what you want

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-04-15 00:55 ]</font>

Sorry, I don't know what went wrong there. Anyway, I transferred them to another server and I hope you can see them now :smile: Excellent boots with great endorphin release potential compared to the originals. Also, they fit like a glove. I can really reccomend the Sancho boots for anyone who likes western styling.

On 2002-04-15 00:58, Firefox wrote:

Sorry, I don't know what went wrong there. Anyway, I transferred them to another server and I hope you can see them now :smile: Excellent boots with great endorphin release potential compared to the originals. Also, they fit like a glove. I can really reccomend the Sancho boots for anyone who likes western styling.

Pictures ok now. GREAT JOB! Got to try that myself too... thanks for the tips!

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

On 2002-04-14 23:06, Calv wrote:

Nor me

Hoverfly - what were you buying at the hobbystore? - enquiring minds want to know :smile:

good story and welcome to the ranks.

I bought stuff for my remote control airplanes. Glue, cables, control horns, servo, servo connections and an on/off switch for the receiver. Sorry nothing for shoes. Boot season is all over any way. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Who sez boot season is over? Boots are year-round cool shoes to wear, at least in my opinion. I did find some platform ankle-strap pumps in the same sole style as my boots, so I may have Raven order a pair of them as well for the warmer days.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

On 2002-04-15 04:34, ShockQueen wrote:

Who sez boot season is over? Boots are year-round cool shoes to wear, at least in my opinion. I did find some platform ankle-strap pumps in the same sole style as my boots, so I may have Raven order a pair of them as well for the warmer days.

I am talking more about shopping at the stores carrying boots. I agree that boots can be worn all year but you can't shop for them all year. Except your fetish, stilettos, ECT…

On 2002-04-15 04:07, hoverfly wrote:

I bought stuff for my remote control airplanes. Glue, cables, control horns, servo, servo connections and an on/off switch for the receiver. Sorry nothing for shoes. Boot season is all over any way. :smile:

I frequent hobbyshops myself for model train stuff. I model US railways and wondered whether you did too. I've seen some model aircraft flying and heard horror stories of them crashing.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Firefox, great looking boots you got. As you know I´m weak for cowboy boots. The first pic shows really nice boots, but the second pair has a really nice heel, I like it very much. By the way, I got a pair of Sanches, but the fit and quality isnt what I´m used to, but perhaps I can make them fit and look "my way".

On 2002-04-15 17:49, Calv wrote:

I frequent hobbyshops myself for model train stuff. I model US railways and wondered whether you did too. I've seen some model aircraft flying and heard horror stories of them crashing.

Crashing is all part of the fun. :smile: You have to accept to the fact it is going to happen. Any ways it's helps to keep the inventory down when you own a fair number of them..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-04-16 00:53 ]</font>

I also crashed a few over the years and that kept my busy during the winter evenings. Most of them I could repair and the other ones were crudely build up for static purposes, one of them still hangs in my living room never to fly again because of too much structural damage. A few years ago I quitted RC flying concentrating my time on restoring old cars.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence